Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Its easy to say Westbrook "tries to do too much" when Durant stands around and doesn't do a damn thing

Durant is not aggressive enough yet

agreed.

and BTW is it just me or is Collison fouling the hell out of Dirk?
He's mugging dude just like he did ZBo.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Its easy to say Westbrook "tries to do too much" when Durant stands around and doesn't do a damn thing

agreed.

Stop it. His hand placement is on point.

agreed.

Solid win for the Mavs. Made me sweat down the stretch but they got it done.

KD has to bounce back, cause I don't believe Dirk will have this bad of a shooting game in Game 4.

Originally Posted by aepps20

agreed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Yet no free throws for Dirk that weren't Technicals/intentional.

LET'S FRICKING GO.

6 more till the goal is achieved...

These cats shoot just as many FTs as the Heat would get, except these cats have a bench.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

agreed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Yet no free throws for Dirk that weren't Technicals/intentional.

LET'S FRICKING GO.

6 more till the goal is achieved...

These cats shoot just as many FTs as the Heat would get, except these cats have a bench.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Solid win for the Mavs. Made me sweat down the stretch but they got it done.

KD has to bounce back, cause I don't believe Dirk will have this bad of a shooting game in Game 4.

Dug a hole too deep to climb out of.

Brooks needs to put that small ball lineup out earlier.

Serge + Perk in at the same time is a liability.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

agreed.

indifferent.gif

agreed.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Serge + Perk was suppose to be a dominant frontline.
tongue.gif

I honestly believe the Thunder are currently too young to win, their late game execution game after game is awful they just don't know how to close out yet.
This.

They are winning solely off pure talent from their big guns. They have a lot of learning to do. Once they get actual offensive sets instead of playing rec league ball, they will be unstoppable.

I honestly believe the Thunder are currently too young to win, their late game execution game after game is awful they just don't know how to close out yet.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Serge + Perk was suppose to be a dominant frontline.
tongue.gif

This.

They are winning solely off pure talent from their big guns. They have a lot of learning to do. Once they get actual offensive sets instead of playing rec league ball, they will be unstoppable.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

agreed.

indifferent.gif
Exactly, Dirk just gets hounded. They hounded him game 1, they called it. Tonight, they didn't at ALL.

It was sickening.

Originally Posted by gko2408

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Seeing Dirk have trouble against lengthy, pesky, small forwards again.
Collison is a Power Forward in every sense of the possession.
embarassed.gif
. Ykno what I mean though. There's only been a handful of players that have effectively guarded Dirk 1 v 1. And they were all pesky, lengthy, and annoying. SJax being the last one I can remember off the top of my head.
Collison is annoying as a defender I guess since he plays hard and is good at it, but he's far from lengthy.

Dirk used to struggle with SG/SF's who were quicker than him and got off the ground quick like the whole Warriors team, Shawn Marion, Gerald Wallace types.

Nick guards him well because it's obvious he has done his homework for one, ie always getting his hand in because Dirk likes to play with the ball and jab step and always starts his drive with a rip through.

But they were right about our pick and roll defense. You just can't ask that from ANY defender. Nick hedges to help on the small (Jet or Barea) then even helps after they take the Dirk screen for 2 or 3 counts, then when the ball is swung back to Dirk he has to chase the pass and run Dirk back down and be expected to stop him. You have to commit a 3rd defender to any pick and roll involving Dirk.

And I hated Harden's flop, Russell got some bad calls on Barea on his drives, but I just hate the NBA officiating entirely. I hate that jump into you bull^@%$ Kidd did on his 3, and Russ got 1 later on a 2, KP is trying to bait Chandler into something so kudos to Tyson for not biting.

I don't know why it took SB FOREVER to go small. When we had the regular starting lineup in the 3rd and nothing was happening, he stayed with it damn near the whole quarter.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

agreed.

indifferent.gif
Exactly, Dirk just gets hounded. They hounded him game 1, they called it. Tonight, they didn't at ALL.

It was sickening.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Seeing Dirk have trouble against lengthy, pesky, small forwards again.
Collison is a Power Forward in every sense of the possession.
embarassed.gif
. Ykno what I mean though. There's only been a handful of players that have effectively guarded Dirk 1 v 1. And they were all pesky, lengthy, and annoying. SJax being the last one I can remember off the top of my head.
Collison is annoying as a defender I guess since he plays hard and is good at it, but he's far from lengthy.

Dirk used to struggle with SG/SF's who were quicker than him and got off the ground quick like the whole Warriors team, Shawn Marion, Gerald Wallace types.

Nick guards him well because it's obvious he has done his homework for one, ie always getting his hand in because Dirk likes to play with the ball and jab step and always starts his drive with a rip through.

But they were right about our pick and roll defense. You just can't ask that from ANY defender. Nick hedges to help on the small (Jet or Barea) then even helps after they take the Dirk screen for 2 or 3 counts, then when the ball is swung back to Dirk he has to chase the pass and run Dirk back down and be expected to stop him. You have to commit a 3rd defender to any pick and roll involving Dirk.

And I hated Harden's flop, Russell got some bad calls on Barea on his drives, but I just hate the NBA officiating entirely. I hate that jump into you bull^@%$ Kidd did on his 3, and Russ got 1 later on a 2, KP is trying to bait Chandler into something so kudos to Tyson for not biting.

I don't know why it took SB FOREVER to go small. When we had the regular starting lineup in the 3rd and nothing was happening, he stayed with it damn near the whole quarter.

agreed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

agreed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom