Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

If Russ or Cook hit that 3, though...

Not even close, both attemps
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
Those three straight possessions really hurt their comeback chances.
That one little stretch, maybe like 4-5 possessions they had when the lead was at 6-8, was probably the worst offensive basketball I've seen in the playoffs so far, on par with some of the Lakers' late game gems against the Mavs. Dribble down, no passing or one pass, chuck a 3. Or dribble it off your foot out of bounds while bullheadedly going to the basket
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
Those three straight possessions really hurt their comeback chances.
That one little stretch, maybe like 4-5 possessions they had when the lead was at 6-8, was probably the worst offensive basketball I've seen in the playoffs so far, on par with some of the Lakers' late game gems against the Mavs. Dribble down, no passing or one pass, chuck a 3. Or dribble it off your foot out of bounds while bullheadedly going to the basket
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abutta13

why dont they ever try durant on dirk? at this point it cant hurt i mean his length should be able to bother dirks shot just as much as anyone else

last time they did he picked up 2 consecutive fouls on just backdown action trying to deny position.

Agree with everyone else, though I think a lot of people are late to the party, I was even saying it last yr. Brooks has no plays. Russ iso, KD pindown but routinely he doesn't do a good enough job getting open so this is when Russ is forced into 1 on 1 mode, Russ iso and nobody else sees the ball after 20 seconds of pounding.

Why don't he just steal Thib's plays. Even when Rose shoots 32 shots, they're generally not him just come down and dribble forever then shoot. The ball goes to someone else, then he comes off motion and gets it back.

I wonder if the "let Dirk score and shut everyone else down" method might work for next game.

Originally Posted by abutta13

why dont they ever try durant on dirk? at this point it cant hurt i mean his length should be able to bother dirks shot just as much as anyone else

last time they did he picked up 2 consecutive fouls on just backdown action trying to deny position.

Agree with everyone else, though I think a lot of people are late to the party, I was even saying it last yr. Brooks has no plays. Russ iso, KD pindown but routinely he doesn't do a good enough job getting open so this is when Russ is forced into 1 on 1 mode, Russ iso and nobody else sees the ball after 20 seconds of pounding.

Why don't he just steal Thib's plays. Even when Rose shoots 32 shots, they're generally not him just come down and dribble forever then shoot. The ball goes to someone else, then he comes off motion and gets it back.

I wonder if the "let Dirk score and shut everyone else down" method might work for next game.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This game overall was boring. OKC came out too tense, never got in to a flow and never bounced back. Even after Russ basically by himself got them back in to it in the 4th the team didn't have that look like they could finish the comeback

this

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

This game overall was boring. OKC came out too tense, never got in to a flow and never bounced back. Even after Russ basically by himself got them back in to it in the 4th the team didn't have that look like they could finish the comeback

this

That and if KD picks up a quick 2, it's all bad, fast.

Trade for Perk, thinking you have to go through LA, and Perk is actually hurting them in this series, go figure.

Maybe Brooks comes to his senses though, and lives and dies with the small ball group getting most of the minutes.

Minus whale.

That and if KD picks up a quick 2, it's all bad, fast.

Trade for Perk, thinking you have to go through LA, and Perk is actually hurting them in this series, go figure.

Maybe Brooks comes to his senses though, and lives and dies with the small ball group getting most of the minutes.

Minus whale.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow this threaD fell to page 3.

i think mavs take this game by 6 points.
i am the best at predicting nba games on niketalk. i dont always pick right but i have predicted better than anyone on here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow this threaD fell to page 3.

i think mavs take this game by 6 points.
i am the best at predicting nba games on niketalk. i dont always pick right but i have predicted better than anyone on here
pimp.gif

franchise3 wrote:

it worked for the warriors against this mavs team...

franchise3 wrote:

it worked for the warriors against this mavs team...

Why are we talking about Durant on Dirk? Collison did a pretty damn good job tonight.

Terry and Dirk were terrible and we still come away with a W... Big. Now go get Game 4.

Why are we talking about Durant on Dirk? Collison did a pretty damn good job tonight.

Terry and Dirk were terrible and we still come away with a W... Big. Now go get Game 4.

Back
Top Bottom