Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

What your basically thinking is the average listener thought he was slow.... that image isn't just thrown on every rapper. and i'll take your word that his music would show you otherwise if you dig deep enough, but All that does is lend to the fact that he promoted that image of being slow to the casual fan.

The only reason Gucci isn't Boosie status (Not a diss, but Boosie isn't an a list rapper right now in terms of stardom) is because of that image of being this super tough, wild crazy *****. that rep earned him the fans who ain't gonna resonate with the real ****. Those kids who don't know **** about that lifestyle are enamored with the character that Gucci promoted. Not to say gucci a fraud but he absolutely played up his role (to Extremes at times) and sold it to make his brand bigger. He played into being known as stupid/violent/out of control for the sake of a bag. and he did this as a grown man with perspective, If what desiigner is currently doing is ****ing then so is what gucci did.

To further highlight this, think of how many of the casual fans of Gucci started to get upset that Gucci didn't wanna be known as a drug addicted fool & started to show more positive signs of his personality.

And i'm not gonna sit here and name names... i think it's clear as day that this is the least original time in hiphop history, the climate of the game encourages sounding the same & a lot of ****** are grabbing checks from it, but you would think desiigner the only one doing it.

Boosie isn't Gucci status for a myriad of reason.

1. He's less comedic. Gucci is like a down south Camron. He knows how to laugh at himself, without compromising who he is.

2. Gucci has built way more connections and put people on that are relevant today. Black Beatles doesn't happen....if Gucci Mane doesn't discover Mike Will at 17.

3. Boosie just got washed in the pen.

4. The Hipsters "Feti****ed" Gucci (and trap music as a whole). Gucci Manes image isn't wasn't too far off from 3-6 or Project Pat. In fact....he comes from that Pat and Master P line stylistically and imagery wise.

The REAL REASON the casual listener thought Gucci was "slow", was because of his rap pattern, Atlanta Alabama drawl, lingo and the general perception at the time that "the south was dumbing down hip hop. Boosie suffered the same criticism too. Nobody was respect him as a rapper back then. All they saw was big coogie shirts and "whipe me down". Now has time has gone and and the thinking has become more nuanced....these guys are more respected as actual rappers and the legends that many of their fans held them up to be...at a time when that was far from the general consensus. I remember when I'd say **** like, "Boosie can really rap" when I was in college. ***** would look at me and laugh...and say something about Wipe me down :lol:.

Lastly, I really want you to name names of those rappers you swear we give a pass to in favor of Desiigner. Because most of the ***** I see post here are far from hypocrites about criticizing artist in this generation when appropriate.

You already made a reach within thug like last year....I'm waiting on ALL these artist that we back so strongly.

Last edited:
Boosie isn't Gucci status for a myriad of reason.

1. He's less comedic. Gucci is like a down south Camron. He knows how to laugh at himself, without compromising who he is.

2. Gucci has built way more connections and put people on that are relevant today. Black Beatles doesn't happen....if Gucci Mane doesn't discover Mike Will at 17.

3. Boosie just got washed in the pen.

4. The Hipsters "Feti****ed" Gucci (and trap music as a whole). Gucci Manes image isn't wasn't too far off from 3-6 or Project Pat. In fact....he comes from that Pat and Master P line stylistically and imagery wise.

The REAL REASON the casual listener thought Gucci was "slow", was because of his rap pattern, Atlanta Alabama drawl, lingo and the general perception at the time that "the south was dumbing down hip hop. Boosie suffered the same criticism too. Nobody was respect him as a rapper back then. All they saw was big coogie shirts and "whipe me down". Now has time has gone and and the thinking has become more nuanced....these guys are more respected as actual rappers and the legends that many of their fans held them up to be...at a time when that was far from the general consensus. I remember when I'd say **** like, "Boosie can really rap" when I was in college. ***** would look at me and laugh...and say something about Wipe me down :lol:.

Lastly, I really want you to name names of those rappers you swear we give a pass to in favor of Desiigner. Because most of the ***** I see post here are far from hypocrites about criticizing artist in this generation when appropriate.

You already made a reach within thug like last year....I'm waiting on ALL these artist that we back so strongly.

There was a point when the tide first started to change towards the south where there was indeed a misconception about the newer generation of southern artist, but by 05-07 that wasn't really much of a factor. and to be clear i'm not basing this off what people thought about his music, i'm talking about what people thought about HIM personally.

So while other artist may have caught flack for not being "Lyrical" or the music being dumbed down, not everyone was lumped in as being a dumb person. people weren't looking at his contemporaries like they had mental issues it was specifically him & his camp.

also about the bolded Sentence, there's a reason why hipsters to this very day fetish-size him the most over the others, and it wasn't because he was the biggest star (I think we would agree that for most of there careers Tip, Jeezy, Wayne, Ross etc were bigger amongst the casual rap fan) it's because he heavily promoted an image & almost caricature of being the modern street rapper. They ate that **** up & until this day a lot of those same people don't really care for the music, they just like the Gucci "Character".

I've explained several rappers in the past & the explanation i got is that it's pretty much levels to biting, so yeah so & so is stealing too but it's not as bad as desiigner so i'll give them a pass. :smokin

First, Imma need you to show me all the "dozens" of videos of this ***** acting like a fool cause other than Jordan tower video were he was geeking off kush I'm lost on that end.

Second, the image of Gucci being this crazy lunatic came from **** he did in REAL LIFE and went to jail/prison multiple times for I.e. Killing somebody, smacking _'s up, toting straps etc not **** he's done for a rap image.

You telling me....this ***** wanted to act like he was dumb this whole time to push a image only to SIMULTANEOUSLY go in interviews acting the complete opposite and talking about ( on multiple occasions going all the way back to 2006 ) how he had good grades and a scholly? What sense would that make?

Vlad asked him what advice would he give the youth and he literally said him being an educated man, he wouldn't be where he was at today if he didn't pay attention in school so his advice for kids is to do the same thing. This is in 2006 bro 
laugh.gif

A major reason people thought he was a idiot was because of his country Alabama accent and how that came out in raps/convos etc. People with strong southern or country accents have always been perceived as less intelligent due to how they've historically been portrayed in pop culture. That coupled with all the street ****.

If I see you out wearing slim jeans and I decide that I think you gay for wearing those, does that mean that you intended for _'s to think you were gay? Or...would that just be you doing you and me making up my own opinion of you based on stereotypes?

When I said he wasn't putting on a act that's literally what I mean. He's a street rapper but he also was a dusty street ***** in real life. He really robbed and sold dope, it wasn't a "act" he put on to sell records, that was really his reality. Yeah he exaggerated the amount of dope he sold like every rapper but he wasn't some CB4 type *****. If he didn't become a rapper he more than likely would still be in the streets rather working a 9-5.

As far as him being feti****ed, again, it's primarily due to **** he's went to jail for/done in the streets. Hipsters long for something "real" and "authentic" that's why they clung to Keef and the drill wave so hard. You don't think hipsters were gonna flock to a street rapper who actually killed a _, beat the case and continued to rap?

On the other hand, you telling me Desiigner going around everywhere acting like he geeked off Molly in regular everyday life?

The biggest meme related to him is "what language is he speaking" followed by a video of him rapidly saying some incoherent **** and giggling.

And he encourages it by making MORE of these videos and/or doing this damn near every time the camera is on. Got ppl laughing at him like some happy uncivilized sambo who can't control himself and he loving it 
mean.gif

_'s out here cosigning meme's portraying them as ******s 

C6ms8swWcAUb-9d.jpg

Last edited:
Aite my ***** Gucci was out here promoting positively & intelligence... that was surely a huge part of his image :rofl: :rofl: ....

IDC if the ***** was "acting" ignorant or if he really was, that doesn't change the fact that based off his music & behavior people really wondered if the ***** was ******ed. Save me from all the superhero trap stories ya'll ****** love, Gucci ain't the first rapper to bust his gun, first to trap, first to beat a case.... the other ****** who did that never had an image of being mentally slow. son was being called ******ed because he was acting like a ****** drugged up clown. And ya'll promoted it, ya'll laughed at it, ya'll made meme's of it. Ya'll embraced it

a whole generation of mumble rap drug addicts were birthed directly from his DNA, but nah he didn't promote ignorance. Gucci is the reason a Desiigner could exist, so thank your "Trapgod" for this.

I'm sure ****** listened to OJ, i'm sure ****** listened to Waka (until he decided he ain't wanna be known as a dumb ***** no more) ....... but suddenly it's ****ing when Desiigner does it.

dudes is just upset cuz a young boy from Brooklyn started rapping last year and lapped the lil dread ****** Gucci sprouted out, all while being a B grade future. There was a time in hiphop where Lyrics, Originality, and development were essential to an artist. Over the past decade those rules were considered "ol head" things, suddenly it ain't matter no more.

Now a kid from BK comes in and uses the blueprint this new generation created, & suddenly ****** are hiphop purist again. He's playing under the rules ya'll pushed for, now ENJOY.

Got ppl laughing at him like some happy uncivilized sambo who can't control himself and he loving it

View media item 2377315
Remind you of anything?? This coming from a ***** who was going to jail for pushing women out of Cars & stupid **** like that.

Last edited:
So you telling me there's not a difference from somebody portraying their real self vs somebody acting like they ******ed everytime the camera come on for memes? You still skipping over that part :lol:

I ain't responding to nothing else until you post the videos of him acting "crazy", "slow",etc

Meanwhile, imma post all the videos of the young BK king acting like a mollied out spaz for hipsters amusement

Edit: almost forgot this :lol:

View media item 2377321

Last edited:
NY really thought they had something with desiigner and young MA :lol:

Only so long fake thugs can pretend :smh:

How did ma not drop a project? I mean at least designer tried to even tho it didn't work out but she just went all in on ouuu. There's a lane for her.

So... thug= uneducated negro, that's out of touch with social issues.
Designer= everytime the cameras turn on he acts mentally ******ed to entertain people. I wanna see the REAL him tho honestly

Designer= everytime the cameras turn on he acts mentally ******ed to entertain people. I wanna see the REAL him tho honestly

Mr. I find it funny.....ain't going to like this :lol:

Waits for another essay x reach/false equivalence

the fact that i'm arguing
So you telling me there's not a difference from somebody portraying their real self vs somebody acting like they ******ed everytime the camera come on for memes? You still skipping over that part :lol:

I ain't responding to nothing else until you post the videos of him acting "crazy", "slow",etc

Meanwhile, imma post all the videos of the young BK king acting like a mollied out spaz for hipsters amusement

Edit: almost forgot this :lol:

View media item 2377321

Beloved the point that your missing is that Desiigner acts like that ALL the ******* time, cameras on or off dude is constantly moving on a 100. It's dumb to me, but that's the way he is. Difference is i'm not downing him for his erratic behavior and then bigging up someone who does the same kind of ****.

You want me to give Gucci props for being real life ******ed instead of acting like it? that's the achievement here ???

Your arguing over a ***** who tatted an electric Ice Cream Cone on his face as a 30+ yr old man? but nah that isn't asking for attention......

THINK ABOUT THE ***** YOUR TALKING ABOUT HERE

View media item 2377365
The ***** whole style autistic my guy.

sounds right to me... i just want ya'll to call it both ways

You mentioned Desiigner damn near not speaking english on his records... Cool, fine by me because it's true....... however When thug spit a wall of ineligible **** on Lifestyle ya'll told me he was gonna be as big as Prime Wayne & loved it... Consistency is all i ask.

Ya'll say Desiigner is a **** for "Acting" the way he does for attention.... okay cool i see why someone would feel a way about that.

I don't see how the same person is okay with a rapper with a whole fiancee putting his sexuality into question everytime he gotta promote a new project. again Consistency.

the fact that i'm arguing

Beloved the point that your missing is that Desiigner acts like that ALL the ******* time, cameras on or off dude is constantly moving on a 100. It's dumb to me, but that's the way he is. Difference is i'm not downing him for his erratic behavior and then bigging up someone who does the same kind of ****.

You want me to give Gucci props for being real life ******ed instead of acting like it? that's the achievement here ???

Your arguing over a ***** who tatted an electric Ice Cream Cone on his face as a 30+ yr old man? but nah that isn't asking for attention......

THINK ABOUT THE ***** YOUR TALKING ABOUT HERE

The ***** whole style autistic my guy.
Post the videos my _

Edit: My _'s (some of which are signed rappers w legit followings) JUST saw this clown riding around SXSW on a scooter last week and literally watched this ***** go in and out of character 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Post the videos my _

Edit: My _'s JUST saw this clown riding SXSW on a scooter last week and literally watched this ***** go in and out of character :lol:

hmmmmm different characters you say... Your Hero had the internet thinking he got cloned in jail because of changes in his character :lol:

One second the ***** busting up bricks in a kitchen strapped up with dirty ****** & a bart simpson chain.... the next week he's on vlads couch talking about kids should be educated and his football life. Pretty consistent i must say :lol:

Again your talking bout a ***** who JUST used social media to drum up a persona of being "Sophisticated Gucci" an exact polar opposite of what he's shown the public his entire career. he legit had dudes out here thinking he was on some X-men ****..... was that not an "act" he used to drum up some free promo and buzz?

Gold fronts and smiling make you "ignorant" and "******ed" :smh:. I guess wearing glasses and a dashiki make you a genius too :lol:. Or skinny jeans means you're gay. What kind of juvenile thinking is that?

This line of thinking from dudes like trynafeelmink trynafeelmink is entirely based on stereotypes, and the image THEY projected on Gucci.

Back
Top Bottom