Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Desiigner gonna do at least half a year. He better put the album out before he goes in the pen.

Kanye kicking himself in the butt right now.

It ain't that deep dog. I never said Thug was some superstar artist. I do recognize that he's "hot".

I'm NOT saying that Desiigner isn't hot. I'm simply saying, Timmy Turner isn't as big as the numbers make it seem.

Young Thug's CHARTING numbers, accurately reflect the tier he's in as a rapper and his current exposure.

Y'all ****** know damn well, Timmy Turner ain't ringing off Like Ooouuu...or even "Milly Rock". Really that simple, and not hard to comprehend. I'm NOT saying the song isn't somewhat "relevant"...it is. The XXL freestyle helped with that, and the freestyle went viral.

But the actual song, isn't getting the play that it's numbers reflect.

Idk why that's so hard to grasp.

Because things don't work like that fam... i'm suppose to believe the Billboard numbers are juiced up because YOU don't hear the song around you much. it's the 36th hottest song in the country based off billboard criteria. the argument of he has a "machine" behind him can be made for any artist in the top 50 of radio. Bottom line is people like the song, the song is being played and as a result he's charting high.

Dudes are just going out their way to discredit son, like you legitimately just pulled a reason outta thin air. As if all it takes to get a song hot is a "machine". clearly people like the song

Can YOU read? I clearly said the songs I was using for my example to prove my point. And both of those songs are not on the DC station :lol:

At the end of the day Kanye hopping on the song is gonna take it from #36 to a probably top 10 record.... dude is 18 has literally released no more than 15 songs in total and has had more mainstream success than all these new ****** combined who have 10+ mixtapes under their belt.

You can't read. Or see. Which one?

View media item 2160412
View media item 2160414

View media item 2160415

Most of the songs played on urban radio...match up with what's on the billboard....EXCEPT

Timmy Turner :lol:

Acoording to Billboard

Broccoli is high up there, not on that list
Sucker for pain is high up there, not on that list
Money Longer is high up there, not on that list
Got The Keys is high up there, not on that list

So are all those songs charting on billboard but not being spun every second also being questioned for authenticity ?

DRAM BROCCOLI
KENT JONES I DONT MIND

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji] NOT ON THERE
Jesus Christ did u even read my post :x

So again I ask are those not hits because they aren't on there? I mean **** dram song is like #4 nowhere to be found on that list. So is there a machine behind it?

Okay so of all the artist who have a machine behind them....... they are deciding to push all this behind Desiigner.... the guy who you just said you here nobody playing, and who isn't bubbling... but this is who the label decides to push. Dudes refuse to believe that anything that doesn't touch there world personally just doesn't exist.

And what's crazy about this argument is that you were just having the reverse convo about thug in another thread claiming that's all you hear, that's all people are bumpin, all you here in the clubs etc etc.... the same guy who has had cosigns from Ye, Baby, Nicki, T.I, Gucci, Travis Scott........ and had Lyor Cohen personally riding around with him, and Kev lyles managing him....... All of this and desiigner now has two records bigger than anything he's released in a two year span off a total of 12-13 songs....

So under your presumption Def Jam and good music are funneling all this money to a future clone, who doesn't make good music, and doesn't have a following.

Yet Thug who is backed by two of the biggest music execs in Hiphop history, who you claim has this large following, and is getting played everywhere, and is making great projects..... somehow hasn't gotten the same amount of a push that desiigner has?

This si the second time i've heard you make accusations that a mid tier artist who isn't gonna become a superstar is being pushed by a machine... yet ignore that artist with much more success and larger machines behind them haven't been able to do what he does.

Hell desiigner himself has charted higher than any single off of Pablo, are u telling me that somehow good is investing more promotion into the guy with one mixtape... than a freakin musical icon. **** just ain't adding up.

You could call the music trash all you want but when you start creating conspiracy theories about small time artist to try and discredit them it's REACHING.

Bruh you're obsessed with Thug :lol:

Regardless of who behind 300 none of them is just getting a major push like that, have you ever even looked at their roster outside of Fetty Wap? It's n_'s that's been on the label since its inception that they can't do nothing with :lol:

Hell, Raz (a _ you prolly never heard of) was the very first rapper they signed and he still kinda in the same place he was 2 years ago

Last edited:
I think it can all be chalked up to every different area having different popping songs.

But to be honest, no one in hip hops main demographic (15-25) cares about the radio. Why would you wait through 5 songs, some commercials and corny radio host banter just to hear a CLEAN version of the one song you want to hear?

Spinrilla and an aux cord is how most people I know consume music. Some people have streaming memberships but if you listen to urban music, you're using Spinrilla over that because ****** don't got storage and/or LTE to waste.

Last edited:

Regardless of who behind 300 none of them is just getting a major push like that, have you ever even looked at their roster outside of Fetty Wap? It's n_'s that's been on the label since its inception that they can't do nothing with :lol:

Hell, Raz (a _ you prolly never heard of) was the very first rapper they signed and he still kinda in the same place he was 2 years ago

Yeah 300's roster is full of Vine/Social Media One Hit Wonders. It's kind of weird actually.

Regardless of who behind 300 none of them is just getting a major push like that, have you ever even looked at their roster outside of Fetty Wap?

i only brought up thug because a lot of people i see in here slandering desiigner.... are the same ones who told me a few weeks ago that thug's radio play don't matter because he has reach.... yet we are now on here looking for desiigners radio spins

As far as 300 goes... that label just took Fetty's four singles that were wasting away on soundcloud for a YEAR... repackaged them into a total of several multiplatinum hits, that doesn't happen if the label doesn't have the capability to push, promote and sell talent.

Now they have Thug who is CLEARLY there #1 priority right now, who many of you have said has this immense fanbase, is the hottest in the clubs, the hottest in the streets, is drawing all this interest.......... But then your gonna tell me the CEO who has been behind Legendary Iconic hiphop brands & is literally babysitting this *****, Iisn't going to spend any money to capitalie on all this buzz?

Based off the way ya'll make it seem with all this "buzz" , two of the most successful execs ever would know how to monetize and promote a guy who has all these lanes on smash.. no? i mean surely with the amount of support ya'll claim he has it would take 300 a small amount of money to really get the ball rolling.

But ya'll are telling me that LYOR COHEN is rolling with thug around the country, and isn't willing to spend a little bit of bread to make a killing off the reach thug has? does that not seem odd to you?

I think it can all be chalked up to every different area having different popping songs.

But to be honest, no one in hip hops main demographic (15-25) cares about the radio. Why would you wait through 5 songs, some commercials and corny radio host banter just to hear a CLEAN version of the one song you want to hear?

Spinrilla and an aux cord is how most people I know consume music. Some people have streaming memberships but if you listen to urban music, you're using Spinrilla over that because ****** don't got storage and/or LTE to waste.

Which was going to be my NEXT point.

I can't really gauge the streaming services, that's why I posted radio....

But all my young ***** bump Uzi, Yacthty, 21 and Kodak.

Never heard them say, "put Desiigner on" :lol:. Hell, I smashed a 20 year old Sophmore last night....we were chillin, and listening to music. It was more of the same.

I'm 26...I ain't too far removed or washed yet :lol:. I go out a lot....in different cities...and other than Panda...no other Desiigner record is getting bumped.

That's MY experience.....and from the respnses in here, a lot of others.

If you want what's popping RIGHT NOW the Spinrilla popular mixtapes today/all time is probably the most accurate as for what young ****** is bumping...the popular song list is semi accurate but sometimes random **** be up there :lol:...I guess their algorithm or whatever is based on what gets a lot of plays in a short amount of time

Definitely more accurate than a chart that is the result of months of label maneuvering...how does a song get to radio? Surely fans aren't requesting it like its 1992...

Last edited:
Which was going to be my NEXT point.

I can't really gauge the streaming services, that's why I posted radio....

But all my young ***** bump Uzi, Yacthty, 21 and Kodak.

Never heard them say, "put Desiigner on" :lol:. Hell, I smashed a 20 year old Sophmore last night....we were chillin, and listening to music. It was more of the same.

I'm 26...I ain't too far removed or washed yet :lol:. I go out a lot....in different cities...and other than Panda...no other Desiigner record is getting bumped.

That's MY experience.....and from the respnses in here, a lot of others.

I understand your point thoroughly but once again that's only a small portion of the population, I'm 27 and hang out with a multitude of different kind of people i ain't EVER hear a ***** request a Yachty or 21 Savage song, Uzi & Thug are the only ones out that group who i will hear getting bumped. It's all perception, The internet will tell you Meek Mill is dead........ The streets will tell you they want more Meek. No one demographic is stronger than another, so while yes 15-25 may be the targeted hiphop demographic (really 15-34)..... you have to be able to recognize that there's huge pockets in that age range who don't give two ***** about this new wave of trap rap, Hence J.Cole & Kendrick doing a million sales.

I've been to shows of both, those crowds are 90% teenagers to mid twenties.

DRAM BROCCOLI
KENT JONES I DONT MIND

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji] NOT ON THERE
Jesus Christ did u even read my post
sick.gif

So again I ask are those not hits because they aren't on there? I mean **** dram song is like #4 nowhere to be found on that list. So is there a machine behind it?
Dram has good *** team of ppl behind him past Atlantic Records

Same people behind Raury if that says anything

Bruh you're obsessed with Thug
laugh.gif

Regardless of who behind 300 none of them is just getting a major push like that, have you ever even looked at their roster outside of Fetty Wap?
i only brought up thug because a lot of people i see in here slandering desiigner.... are the same ones who told me a few weeks ago that thug's radio play don't matter because he has reach.... yet we are now on here looking for desiigners radio spins

As far as 300 goes... that label just took Fetty's four singles that were wasting away on soundcloud for a YEAR... repackaged them into a total of several multiplatinum hits, that doesn't happen if the label doesn't have the capability to push, promote and sell talent.

Now they have Thug who is CLEARLY there #1 priority right now, who many of you have said has this immense fanbase, is the hottest in the clubs, the hottest in the streets, is drawing all this interest.......... But then your gonna tell me the CEO who has been behind Legendary Iconic hiphop brands & is literally babysitting this *****, Iisn't going to spend any money to capitalie on all this buzz?

Based off the way ya'll make it seem with all this "buzz" , two of the most successful execs ever would know how to monetize and promote a guy who has all these lanes on smash.. no? i mean surely with the amount of support ya'll claim he has it would take 300 a small amount of money to really get the ball rolling.

But ya'll are telling me that LYOR COHEN is rolling with thug around the country, and isn't willing to spend a little bit of bread to make a killing off the reach thug has? does that not seem odd to you?

Wasting on Soundcloud? Labels was on this _'s *** for MONTHS tryna sign him before he went to 300 
laugh.gif

Edit: NVM man 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If you want what's popping RIGHT NOW the Spinrilla popular mixtapes today/all time is probably the most accurate as for what young ****** is bumping...the popular song list is semi accurate but sometimes random **** be up there :lol:...I guess their algorithm or whatever is based on what gets a lot of plays in a short amount of time

Definitely more accurate than a chart that is the result of months of label maneuvering...how does a song get to radio? Surely fans aren't requesting it like its 1992...

I Just clicked on the all time top 10 list.... It consisted Solely Of Thug, Migos, Future, RHQ, & 1 wayne tape.......... It should be clear as day to you that this website caters to a singular demographic, young ****** who like Trap Rap, nothing wrong with that but that is not representative of what hiphop youth likes as a whole, Or Future, Thug & Migos would be the biggest acts in all of hiphop.

the ****** got skippa da flippa on the top 10 for this month.... that should tell you enough right there

Last edited:

You know what you're right, it just might be different depending on where you at ...round my area nobody listens to this guy or even talks about him ...radio, whips , clubs, cookouts , graduations , church any where etc. it doesn't matter you not hearing designer :lol: ...they only play the 1st few secs of panda then the play the lor scoota version , ALWAYS ...but they playing his music somewhere I just don't know where , just weird that here n other places I been or know ppl from they don't hear it either that's all ...so I figured it's just an Internet thing n that's cool too cuz it's a big part of music right now as well

Yall really in here talkin bout whats popping nationwide like yall everywhere at the same time & around all kinds of different fans. This argument is honestly pointless...

I Just clicked on the all time top 10 list.... It consisted Solely Of Thug, Migos, Future, RHQ, & 1 wayne tape.......... It should be clear as day to you that this website caters to a singular demographic, young ****** who like Trap Rap, nothing wrong with that but that is not representative of what hiphop youth likes as a whole, Or Future, Thug & Migos would be the biggest acts in all of hiphop.

the ****** got skippa da flippa on the top 10 for this month.... that should tell you enough right there

I meant to say today/monthly

But even the all time is accurate...all those tapes were big when they dropped sans Luca Brasi (from my view) and the thug compilation is probably up there because he has so many songs that never made an official project but people still liked

And yes Skippa is hot like that. At least in the sense that he'd be in the top 10 tapes for the past 9 days with a tape that dropped 7 days ago...(it may go back 30 days but even if it does, what other BIG tapes have dropped the past 30 days)

As far as it being a trap rap demographic, that's very much partly true but the kendricks and Coles and drakes etc. make it onto the DJ Miles monthly compilations. They don't put out mixtapes so there's no real way for those projects to be counted in these charts. And there are really no popping lyrical mixtape rappers outside of the Kodak and Gates (who is big on The Spinrilla charts) and guys like Dave East, etc.

You know what you're right, it just might be different depending on where you at ...round my area nobody listens to this guy or even talks about him ...radio, whips , clubs, cookouts , graduations , church any where etc. it doesn't matter you not hearing designer :lol: ...they only play the 1st few secs of panda then the play the lor scoota version , ALWAYS ...but they playing his music somewhere I just don't know where , just weird that here n other places I been or know ppl from they don't hear it either that's all ...so I figured it's just an Internet thing n that's cool too cuz it's a big part of music right now as well

Yeah nobody play that ***** around here either but I'm in the South so why would we play imitation Future with one and a half hot song over the real damn thing.

I'm sure white people love Panda and Timmy Turner though. Which is great, get your money sir.

Last edited:
the Good ol "white people" discredit :lol: :smh:

I mean most things that cross over in rap are due to white people tardily catching on to something that was hot in the streets months ago.

I don't see how it's a discredit to acknowledge that Def Jam took something that was hot in New York clubs and put it in a place where the mainstream could latch on to it.

I can tell you first hand that the only time I have heard Panda since its initial burst is at white people/frat parties.

Last edited:
Our version of trash and biting has had more success in 6 months than the numerous other amounts of trash biters that ya'll promote daily combined so :smokin.
Only difference between ours is that he's 18 with one project under his belt, instead of pushing 30 with 5 trash projects that didn't work & "reinventing" themselves to sound like who ever's hot.

Not to mention a cool 80% of the people who heard the song swore it was future... you can't be trash and sound exactly like an artist who is good and have similar success........ but alas we're back at square one. Ignore the swag stealing for years until the NYC teenager does it.

View media item 2160621

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom