Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Our version of trash and biting has had more success in 6 months than the numerous other amounts of trash biters that ya'll promote daily combined so :smokin.
Only difference between ours is that he's 18 with one project under his belt, instead of pushing 30 with 5 trash projects that didn't work & "reinventing" themselves to sound like who ever's hot.

Not sure who you're referring to but this honestly sounds more like NYC rappers post 2005 than anything :lol:

I put Desiigner RIGHT in there with them trash colored dreads dudes.

He just ain't color and twist his sht yet :lol:. Hopefully, he beats his case...so he can join the colored dread trash boys club.

Last edited:
Future isn't trash future isn't a biter.... but that new wave of colored dreads tattoo faced ****** Yes & YES & it's not up for debate.

Agreed, but just like them desiigner will be gon next year

Last edited:
Future isn't trash future isn't a biter.... but that new wave of colored dreads tattoo faced ****** Yes & YES & it's not up for debate.

Desiigner isn't in a better place than Thug/Uzi/Yachty either

A hit record is cool for vanity purposes but can he tour? Does he have a legitimate fanbase beyond Def Jam knowing how to work a record?

the Good ol "white people" discredit :lol: :smh:

I mean most things that cross over in rap are due to white people tardily catching on to something that was hot in the streets months ago.

I don't see how it's a discredit to acknowledge that Def Jam took something that was hot in New York clubs and put it in a place where the mainstream could latch on to it.

I can tell you first hand that the only time I have heard Panda since its initial burst is at white people/frat parties.

Actual rappers who are involved in the industry have talked about this. Once you get over a certain amount of spins or sales, that's white folk. They're technically the group that supports rap the most by numbers.

Another thing actual industry involved rappers have mentioned is how they play the same garbage *** songs 10 times in a 2 hour period on the radio to inflate the worth of the song. They keep playin it, it's gotta be hot right?

Right? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

So in one turn Def Jam/ Good "machine" has given him 2 top 40 hits..... but the same machine won't be able to build him a fanbase to sell out 1-2K venues in a 10 city tour :rofl:

So in one turn Def Jam/ Good "machine" has given him 2 top 40 hits..... but the same machine won't be able to build him a fanbase to sell out 1-2K venues in a 10 city tour :rofl:

Why hasn't it happened yet?

I think you automatically think a hit record or two puts him above artists that have back catalogs of mixtapes with millions of downloads and views before there was any label involvement or any true hit records.

The average consumer doesn't give a **** if you charted.

Are the white people that love Panda and Timmy Turner going to pay $50 to see him perform it in December?

Last edited:
Desiigner isn't in a better place than Thug/Uzi/Yachty either
That's like 3 different positions tho
Thug is way bigger than Uzi and Uzi is way bigger than Yachty

Desiigner is def in a better place than Yachty. Besides Broccoli, One Night came and went.
A simple peak at Spotify will show yu Timmy gets played
Desiigner don't got a set yet but fam gotta be gettin guap on walk-thrus

Damn this like Shmurda all over again but Desiigner was actually decent

Last edited:
Yachty can go on tour and move merch. Can Desiigner?

And at this point, is Thug really in a better place than Uzi?

What is Thug gonna do on his album that he hasn't already done on his tapes?

Uzi on the other hand hasn't even really squeezed all he can out of his current sound, and will probably cross over on his album with more songs like this

Thug is probably gonna have to reinvent himself to get that excitement for a major album.

And at this point, is Thug really in a better place than Uzi?

What is Thug gonna do on his album that he hasn't already done on his tapes?

Uzi on the other hand hasn't even really squeezed all he can out of his current sound, and will probably cross over on his album with more songs like this

Thug is probably gonna have to reinvent himself to get that excitement for a major album.

Alex Tumay (one of Thugs engineers) said last year they're tryna use the mixtapes to get people ready for the sound they eventually wanna get to and gave Good Tmes and Pacifier as an example.

Same thing Cannon and em is tryna do with Uzi.

So let me get this straight Album sales don't matter when gauging the public interest in you, Billboard charts which account for radio play, Streams, youtube, soundcloud don't matter when gauging public interest in you, Being on Major televisions award shows performing doesn't don't matter when gauging the public interest in you...

But your spinrilla numbers and the auz cord Dj on your campus spins count?? do you know how utterly ridiculous this sounds fam? BET booked him to perform on their show... but you don't think he can sell out a small Venue?

You say the average consumer..... and then bring up numbers on a free download website..... Consumers are people who pay, people who listen to radio, people who watch BET/MTV, people who get there music from traditional music outlets.... the average consumer is gonna recognize Desiigner more times than they recognize any of the 3 you named based off sure exposure to a much much larger demographic

You think desiigner had more success than future this year? :lol:

And I don't listen to those _'s so I don't know who "y'all" is.

I get NY is struggling right now but son you really going hard for Designer... Not Dave East, Joe Bad***, even Fetty, but Designer. :lol:

Don't let a couple shows fool you every tour Yachty has been on he's not even the headliner. Dude is opening for Rae Sremmurd

How u gon put a track from 2 projects ago tho.

And yes Thug is still in a better place than Uzi. Uzi ain't exactly do anything new on TPLT besides get on Zaytoven production

Uzi, Designer, Yachty. Them _'s are in the same boat. Trash that bring nothing at all. The 22 and under crowd love Uzi and Yachty for whatever reason.

Last edited:
NYC in a bad place........ ATL is in the Midst of replacing Jeezt, Tip, Gucci, Luda, 2 Chainz with the likes of Thug, Yachty, 21 Savage, and YFN Lucci

****** are in the era equivalent to Jae Millz, Pap, Saigon, J.R Writer era of NYC and ya'll don't even know it :rofl:

And quite frankly i'm just in here defending against stupidity, we can't be in days where a ***** gonna tell me to disregard billboard sales, radio hits, & TV performances & direct me to spinrilla & his homies Aux cord... some **** just gotta be addressed

Yall really in here talkin bout whats popping nationwide like yall everywhere at the same time & around all kinds of different fans. This argument is honestly pointless...

I think Chingy and Lil Flip are still hot artists in Amsterdam and Italy if that means anything. And Europe still makes it seem like 50 Cent is in 2005

I think Chingy and Lil Flip are still hot artists in Amsterdam and Italy if that means anything. And Europe still makes it seem like 50 Cent is in 2005

I said nationwide not worldwide dammit :lol:

You know Europeans slow on hip hop just like we are with soccer & other parts of their weird IDGAF bout culture lol

Back
Top Bottom