Official: Detroit Pistons vs Philadelphia 76ers - Game 1 Post

WHY IN THE GOD DAMN HELL ARE THESE REFS NOT CALLING ANY FOULS ON RASHEED WALLACE?!!?!?
mad.gif

I'll never understand why people think Sheed is so incredibly talented...

If he was, he woulda dominated, at least one year
ohwell.gif
....not greatrebounding numbers, ever. His FG% numbers haven't been good for a 6'11 player

You think he just chooses not too?
laugh.gif
....after a while, it is what itis...and that's a very good but never great player

Listening to the combination of the Pistons PA announcer and Reggie Miller is giving me a headache....

i want to watch the post game press conferences, anybody know if they're shown anywhere? somebody said nba.com but i cant find it.

Things looked like they were about to get out of hand there, but the Sixers made a nice comeback. I'm feeling good going into the fourth quarter. Sixersstill aren't hitting their shots and are only down 7. If we can get a few threes to fall, we can take this.

Willie having a real nice game.

Keep Reggie in there. He wants it a lot more than Sammy.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

ohwell.gif
....not great rebounding numbers, ever. His FG% numbers haven't been good for a 6'11 player

laugh.gif
....after a while, it is what it is...and that's a very good but never great player
He does choose not to.... His offensive game is top notch.... If he took more shots, he would be a superstar.... But he chooses to !!%#@ about callsthan take more shots... Dude is weird like that....

Originally Posted by Super Noblekane

ohwell.gif
....not great rebounding numbers, ever. His FG% numbers haven't been good for a 6'11 player

laugh.gif
....after a while, it is what it is...and that's a very good but never great player
He does choose not to.... His offensive game is top notch.... If he took more shots, he would be a superstar.... But he chooses to !!%#@ about calls than take more shots... Dude is weird like that....

He hasn't been that efficient since about 1999
And he chose to fall in love with the 3 ball.

Originally Posted by JetLiGuy

i want to watch the post game press conferences, anybody know if they're shown anywhere? somebody said nba.com but i cant find it.
they show most of the press conference blended with highlights on nba tv right after the game....

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Allen...if Sheed played with his back to the basket like he did at UNC, he would have straight up dominated and been a perennial 20/10 player in theNBA....

he fell in love with the 3pt'er and jumpshots, and thus IMO it contributed to him not being as effective down in the post.

You can look at his FG% @ UNC and know that Dean Smith didn't tolerate some of the BS that he gets away with in the NBA. Sheed stayed down on the lowblock and was a highly effective player at the PF spot.

To me it kinda seems like he goes thru the motions. His post-play was what stood out to me the most when he was coming out of college. I dunno....I justnever think he reached his full potential...it could be that he wasn't motivated, didn't play in the post enough, or some other factor...who knows?...Ijust beleive he could have been great, and much better than what we are seeing today.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

3 point game!!!!!
eek.gif

Just flipped channels to check the score and
eek.gif
. I wasn't going topay attention to this series but the sixers are putting up a fight.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Allen...if Sheed played with his back to the basket like he did at UNC, he would have straight up dominated and been a perennial 20/10 player in the NBA....

he fell in love with the 3pt'er and jumpshots, and thus IMO it contributed to him not being as effective down in the post.

You can look at his FG% @ UNC and know that Dean Smith didn't tolerate some of the BS that he gets away with in the NBA. Sheed stayed down on the low block and was a highly effective player at the PF spot.

To me it kinda seems like he goes thru the motions. His post-play was what stood out to me the most when he was coming out of college. I dunno....I just never think he reached his full potential...it could be that he wasn't motivated, didn't play in the post enough, or some other factor...who knows?...I just beleive he could have been great, and much better than what we are seeing today.

Yeah, that is true....but even if he did...I don't see an all time great..that's just me.
I mean, I guess I just don't like those ideas of he coulda been or shoulda been. We could say Donte Greene is a future star because he's6'11 and has all the physical tools, but that's not the case

Now, to me a guy like Webber is a different story...and he was hampered by injuries and a poor start to his career in bad situations. If anyone wants to say hepotentially coulda been one of the best...I'd side more with that than Sheed.

Who the hell is this white guy we got in? hes not shooting any 3s and hes not playing scrappy defense so as far as im concerned hes taking up space
edit: nevermind, he can hit FTs

Back
Top Bottom