**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

After nearly two years of marriage, Dexter stars Michael C. Hall, 39, and Jennifer Carpenter, 31, are getting a divorce. A joint exclusive statement to EW from their representatives read: “Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce.

Anybody have any idea what could happen? Could Dexter fall apart and keep breaking the code?

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 at the divorce. 

Guess he didn't like her crying face all the time either. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 at the divorce. 

Guess he didn't like her crying face all the time either. 
laugh.gif

thank god.. im done with all of her (mandatory 2x per episode) emotional breakdowns. 

I was finally able to watch the finale.

It didn't have the "ooooh !%$@" moments like last season's finale but I enjoyed it.

I thought they would've dragged out the Jordan/Lumen/Dexter saga a bit longer but no complaints about the ending really. The outcome was inevitable.

I'm interesting in seeing how the Dexter/Quinn dynamic works next season, especially since Quinn owes Dexter for saving his !%!.

One thing that stood out to me was Deb telling Dexter that she's knows he's glad it's over. I don't think she was referring to the barrel girls case though. Dexter wasn't as vested in that case (from the police department's perspective) as the rest of them so her saying that in reference to the case seems off.

They might have been planting the seeds for Deb discovering Dexter's true nature, wonder if that starts to be the focus of the show next season..

Overall it was a great season and I'm definitely looking forward to the next.
pimp.gif

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT WAS THE FOLDER DEX SLIPPED INTO DEBRAS BAG?

I read that Deb was suppose to find out Rudy was Dex's real brother so I keep thinking that.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT WAS THE FOLDER DEX SLIPPED INTO DEBRAS BAG?

I read that Deb was suppose to find out Rudy was Dex's real brother so I keep thinking that.
Do you mean the folder Dex snagged which had Jordan Chase's property holdings? I think he slipped that into his bag though...

so the rumors are that michael c. hall and julia stiles fell in love, which is why he got a divorce.  that's going to be an uncomfortable set to work on next season.  
laugh.gif

he needs to stop dipping his pen into the company ink.  his first marriage was to an actress that worked on Six Feet Under with him.

Originally Posted by pip777

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

After nearly two years of marriage, Dexter stars Michael C. Hall, 39, and Jennifer Carpenter, 31, are getting a divorce. A joint exclusive statement to EW from their representatives read: “Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce.

This season of Dexter sucked. I was a huge fan of the series, still am, but what good did this season do for Dexter overall? In all the other seasons we would learn more about his character, more about his past, more about who he is... but what have we learned in this one?

When Rita was killed off I expected this to be one of the best seasons yet, but I was largely disappointed. I liked the Lumen angle, but that wasn't enough. I get that it showed Dexter opening up, connecting, and sharing his dark passenger with someone, but then she just leaves so what does that leave us with?

The AV Club's review nailed it, this show needs an end date. Without a finale on the horizon, be prepared for the same thing over and over now, Dexter finds an enemy, it builds to it, he gets the bad guy, and manages to escape/evade suspicion all season. When looking at the series overall when it's over, I feel like if this season didn't exist, it would still be the same show and we wouldn't have missed anything. Rita being killed off should have been a huge shift and change for the show, but I feel like they didn't take advantage of it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This season of Dexter sucked. I was a huge fan of the series, still am, but what good did this season do for Dexter overall? In all the other seasons we would learn more about his character, more about his past, more about who he is... but what have we learned in this one?

When Rita was killed off I expected this to be one of the best seasons yet, but I was largely disappointed. I liked the Lumen angle, but that wasn't enough. I get that it showed Dexter opening up, connecting, and sharing his dark passenger with someone, but then she just leaves so what does that leave us with?

The AV Club's review nailed it, this show needs an end date. Without a finale on the horizon, be prepared for the same thing over and over now, Dexter finds an enemy, it builds to it, he gets the bad guy, and manages to escape/evade suspicion all season. When looking at the series overall when it's over, I feel like if this season didn't exist, it would still be the same show and we wouldn't have missed anything. Rita being killed off should have been a huge shift and change for the show, but I feel like they didn't take advantage of it.
although this season was on the low side, i still believe we learned more from him and his character.
i believe we now have it confirmed that dexter cannot bond with another person.( 
eyes.gif
 whats new) Rita was someone semi-broken, which he drove "away", Luemen was basically dexter in girl form, but not even she could hang on to someone so "Broken". The direction of the show, imho, will lead to Dexter bonding with Deb, which will bring up his dark passenger which then leads to something dramatic, such as , deb, Harrison, Cody and Asster all dead. 

Dex has really grown as a character; from being a completely non normal person, to actually fitting in, in certain areas of society. It hit me how we always used to say stuff like , "why do people always stare at you from a car when you're in the street?" but he now knows more about why people do the crap they do. Don't know if you'll felt that transition in the finale which started the piano music with Dex commentary, i felt like Dex was once back to his old self. Dex has been losing touch with his Og side season by season, this will lead to Dex either lose his passenger, such as Lumen, or have no option but to remain alone and revisit the Dex of season 1. 

like he said, the want to be "normal"and "human" is just a wish

either way i like it, back to og dex

sorry for the un-editing, my hands are cold 
frown.gif

Im 5 months late on this thread. (Sorry, i didnt discover the WATCH TV SHOWS app on Android till a month or 2 ago)

When does season 6 start? (I thought it started already but didnt see season 6 on the show list)

I don't believe they've announced the premiere date, but all of the other seasons started at the end of September.. so I assume season 6 would follow the same path.

Back
Top Bottom