Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Why do I feel like Yu Yu Hakasho is not going to meet the hype for me? Yall really putting it on a pedestal now. :lol:

I'll try to watch the pilot tonight.

*edit

Forgot I'm due to wake up at 7am tomorrow. I'll watch the pilot tomorrow night at the earliest.

Last edited:
Why do I feel like Yu Yu Hakasho is not going to meet the hype for me? Yall really putting it on a pedestal now.
laugh.gif

I'll try to watch the pilot tonight.
dark tournament arc.

that is all.

Cowboy Bebop certainly had one of the best films for an anime series. All too often the films will come off like extended episodes or some ****. :smh: But Bebop, that was a real film with an in-depth plot, that still managed to capture everything that was great about the series. Loved it. Might need to go watch some clips of it right now in fact. :smokin

Yu Yu Hakusho is still one of the greatest anime ever made (Top 10 for me) regardless of course. Bebop just happens to be up there right alongside it. Toonami was good to us.

Last edited:
Toonami used to be the plug :pimp:

Yu Yu, Bebop, Dragonball, countless Gundam series (in my opinion Gundam > Dragonball), Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Tenchi, Kenshin (arguably the other GOAT). Trigun was on the OG adult swim :smokin

I liked Yu Yu. Like Anti said, Hiei is what Vegeta should have been. Yu Yu is a classic tho. It deserves respek on its name, I highly suggest Amel watches it. I just don't think its the GOAT :lol:

I used to have the Bebop movie on DVD bad when it released. I remember going to Suncoast and buying it. I gotta find it, or just buy it on iTunes.

Yeah you can't just watch the pilot of Yu Yu. You gotta watch like the first 10 episodes because how it starts and how it switches up gave me whiplash as a kid. Didn't see that coming at all.

Last edited:
never cared bout yu yu hakusho since i was a kid just based off the animation **** is ugly

felt the same way about one piece at first tho :lol:

It's crazy to me that people are hating on Super Saiyan Rose, it's really the best concept this show has given us.

-People would have been mad if a guy who is literally Goku couldn't go SSJ at all
-The cancept around it is cool. A black rose is the sign of death and light pink is opposite of light blue
-Do we need to see it again after this? Probably not, but to close the loop on that you just say that it's the equivalent to SSB except with evil energy.

Yu Yu Hakusho the anime is dated as hell. It rarely had moments of exceptional animation like DBZ did.

The manga is straight flames tho. Togashi is a genius.

Yu-Yu Hakasha and Ruroni Kenshin are elite level anime.

Dragon Ball is still the greatest story ever told though :pimp:

Yu Yu Hakusho's animation is definitely nothing to write home about. Fairly rough in a number of places, but it isn't to the point that its terrible and given the time that it came out it was nothing more than average i'd say. It certainly wasn't pushing the boundaries of what you could do with animation. However, storyline, character development, themes, diversity of the cast? All top notch.

Same goes for Ruroni Kenshin/Samurai X, though that series then had better animation. Really it had downright gorgeous animation. Both are on my Top 10 list.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Gurren Lagann had a damn good story.

That they did and both would make it onto a Top 20 list, possibly a Top 10. FMA Brotherhood is honestly one of the best anime i've seen in recent years. Definitely a cut above the typical series that are being released today.

Last edited:
Reading This Last Page Like Damn [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji] Y'all Ninjas Like Th Same **** I Do, Go Figure

Back
Top Bottom