Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I'm going to try and find the article on it.. I believe it came before January 1st. Prior to the one week that DBS wasn't aired. 

And yes, the animation on it were improved, thanks to the move. 

Last edited:
Just sounds like bored theory making from a coincidence. Piccolo fused with Kame and Nails and kept his name.

Just sounds like bored theory making from a coincidence. Piccolo fused with Kame and Nails and kept his name.

Bored theory or not, Namekian fusion isn't the same as potora or fusion dance fusion. Namekian fusion is a means of assimilation where the stronger namekian "absorbs" the weaker one. Piccolos name didn't change because he's still piccolo after the fusion. That's got nothing to do with the fusion where the users become a different person.

Last edited:

Bored theory or not, Namekian fusion isn't the same as potora or fusion dance fusion. Namekian fusion is a means of assimilation where the stronger namekian "absorbs" the weaker one. Piccolos name didn't change because he's still piccolo after the fusion. That's got nothing to do with the fusion where the users become a different person.
Both piccolo and the fused retain separate consciousness, just in one body. Its still very much a fusion like firestorm in DC comics, only theirs isn't permanent.

Both piccolo and the fused retain separate consciousness, just in one body. Its still very much a fusion like firestorm in DC comics, only theirs isn't permanent.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying that namekian fusion doesn't result in a name change because a new being isn't created. Piccolo is still piccolo, regardless of what's going on in his head due to the assimilation of nail and Kami. Kabitokai, vegetto, gotenks, and gogeta are all new beings with different appearances, abilities, and personalities.

Namekian 'fusion' is definitely not the same as the potara and dance fusions lol...

As for animation getting better....... It's not better because a new person is in-charge of it, if you want to learn

how animation works, watch this video and listen, because it is rather long and more complicated than that.

The animation jobs are separated by teams working on groupings of different episodes, and each group

is working on their assigned episodes concurrently

Namekian 'fusion' is definitely not the same as the potara and dance fusions lol...

As for animation getting better....... It's not better because a new person is in-charge of it, if you want to learn
how animation works, watch this video and listen, because it is rather long and more complicated than that.
The animation jobs are separated by teams working on groupings of different episodes, and each group
is working on their assigned episodes concurrently

So basically the animation is getting better because different groups are working on the newer ones and these groups are providing better quality animation

What does the word cannon you guys keep using mean?

Canonical. Meaning from the orginal source material. For dragon ball and dragon ball z the original source material is the original manga comic. The amines of each take some liberties and add extra stuff for effect and filler so those extra parts are not canon cause they aren't from the orginal source material. So the movies, anime, and also GT are not canon. Meaning they generally hold no weight I debates because they didn't really happen and sometime contradict the original story.

So basically the animation is getting better because different groups are working on the newer ones and these groups are providing better quality animation

they're still using the same groups
but these groups have gotten used to the worlkload
and using their time more efficiently

they have new groups too that they outsource
but they're not always the same groups being outsourced

having basically a month and a half of fillers
is helping a lot, since they assigned the smaller
groups to do the fillers, and the larger groups
to work on the main arc

these new episodes that we're seeing have been worked
on approximately 4 weeks ago
the next episode was likely animated by a different team
than last week's episode

the last episode used the team that really bolds their character outlines
(the black lines are dark and thick)
you don't see this style every episode... some people dont like
that group's style, but I actually like it

and to the guy that said there's a new person in charge of DBS

the old guy didnt get fired
they just have 2 ppl working that position

this has happened before too except
last time, the old guy quit when they hired the new one

so hopefully this time they can coexist and collaborate

I had a post similar to that partially drafted up since like Sunday but it felt like too much work to finish :lol:

Repped for laying that explanation out.

they're still using the same groups
but these groups have gotten used to the worlkload
and using their time more efficiently

they have new groups too that they outsource
but they're not always the same groups being outsourced

having basically a month and a half of fillers
is helping a lot, since they assigned the smaller
groups to do the fillers, and the larger groups
to work on the main arc

these new episodes that we're seeing have been worked
on approximately 4 weeks ago
the next episode was likely animated by a different team
than last week's episode

the last episode used the team that really bolds their character outlines
(the black lines are dark and thick)
you don't see this style every episode... some people dont like
that group's style, but I actually like it

and to the guy that said there's a new person in charge of DBS

the old guy didnt get fired
they just have 2 ppl working that position

this has happened before too except
last time, the old guy quit when they hired the new one

so hopefully this time they can coexist and collaborate

Thank you!

I'm just glad that we're seeing better animation FOR THE MOST PART lol.

I thought that the Funidub of the first few episodes would fix all crappy frames but there were still some suspect frames in there :lol:

Retcon Ball Z

99% of the retcons are barely affecting the story or the plot. Just small details like future trunks having blue hair instead of purple, or beerus sealing old kai in the zsword. Not like gohan suddenly a female or anything like that.

The potora fusion was kinda BS buut, like you said, didn't have any real implications on the plot.

What About "Mystic" Unlocking The Young God's Full Potential But Because He Hasn't Been Doing Push Ups His Potential Gets Locked Up? They Don't Give A Damnb About The Details Of DBZ, They Got the Names & Outfits Down & Thats All They Seem To Care About 
laugh.gif
 #SaltyGohanFan

What About "Mystic" Unlocking The Young God's Full Potential But Because He Hasn't Been Doing Push Ups His Potential Gets Locked Up? They Don't Give A Damnb About The Details Of DBZ, They Got the Names & Outfits Down & Thats All They Seem To Care About :lol:  #SaltyGohanFan

How's that any different from any other transformation though? If your body can't handle it you can't achieve/maintain it. That's not a plot hole or even a retcon. It makes sense. We may not like that gohan got weaker due to inactivity but nothing about the explanation contradicts anything that has occurred up until this point. and there's nothing stopping him from getting to that level again.

Last edited:
You can be critical of the story and how it plays out but just because you don't like the way things turn out doesn't mean it's a retcon of doesn't make sense lol

Yeah. Inactivity making his body to weak to sustain that form makes sense.

Power ups are draining on the body. That's why they had the whole thing where they were ssj1 24/7 to condition their bodies to sustain that like breathing air lol

To be honest, Gohan deciding to not train again after doing so bit him in the *** previously is a bigger issue, in terms of writing, than him growing weaker in general. Obviously you're going to get rusty/grow weaker if you stop training altogether. If that was ever in doubt for this franchise, this was proven true back during the Buu Saga, when Gohan was noted to be weaker than he'd been 7 years prior. No real reason that his Mystic form should be exempt from this rule.

Following up on my comments about starting to collect Dragon Ball and Z on DVD a few weeks ago:

View media item 2336315
Wanted to start with Dragon Ball, but I couldn't pass this chance up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom