Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Future Trunks, Zamasu, and Goku Black are clearly stronger than Buu, guys
This is not debatable

Black goes Super Saiyan Rosé... That's just an evil version of Super Saiyan Blue

Buu never trained to get to his power level.
He only gains power when he absorbs people / transforms.

He's strong. Not SSB Goku/Vegeta strong, but strong nonetheless.

I think at this point in time, the real unknown that remains is if
Piccolo got stronger than Buu.

Ehhh I don't know about Zamasau being stronger than Buu.

Son was easily overpowered by Ssj Goku when they first fought. He's just immortal.

Last edited:
I see there was some reaching last night trying to argue for Buu not being weaker than Future Trunks :lol:

I see there was some reaching last night trying to argue for Buu not being weaker than Future Trunks :lol:

Buu is strong and all but I get this feeling people are severely overestimating his strength and powers. Barring all the speculation of whether or not buu got stronger, At best Buu is between ss3 goku and Majin vegeta, with him being closer to vegeta than goku. That's DBZ levels. Which is still stronger than 95% of anyone who has appeared in in DBZ. But with DBS buu isn't even close to trunks. At all.

Buu is strong and all but I get this feeling people are severely overestimating his strength and powers. Barring all the speculation of whether or not buu got stronger, At best Buu is between ss3 goku and Majin vegeta, with him being closer to vegeta than goku. That's DBZ levels. Which is still stronger than 95% of anyone who has appeared in in DBZ. But with DBS buu isn't even close to trunks. At all.

Exactly. I laid it out what? 2-3 weeks ago? At this point in the franchise, SSJ Goku is leagues stronger than SSJ3 Goku, during the Buu Saga. This is easily seen by the piss poor performance that SSJ3 Goku (And Buu for that matter) gave against Beerus at the start of BoG and the significantly better performance that SSJ Goku gave at the end of it, after attaining the boost from being exposed to God Ki. Now, even taking into account the idea of Beerus holding back, SSJ Goku was clearly superior to SSJ3 Goku. This then doesn't taken into account all the training that Goku has gone through since then. So, we know for a fact that Goku's strength has increased. We've seen it. Same with Vegeta and just like how we knew for a fact that Gohan during the Buu Saga was inferior to Gohan during the Cell Games. Performance. At best, Buu was slightly below SS3 Goku back during the Buu Saga. That's what we know. So, there's no real reason to move him beyond that, especially not to the level where Future Trunks was at either the start or the end of the Black Saga. Like I said, that's reaching, with nothing to even back the idea up. Now, were it revealed that Buu's been training, that'd be perfectly fine. At the moment, however, there's no reason to believe so.

Exactly. I laid it out what? 2-3 weeks ago? At this point in the franchise, SSJ Goku is leagues stronger than SSJ3 Goku, during the Buu Saga. This is easily seen by the piss poor performance that SSJ3 Goku (And Buu for that matter) gave against Beerus at the start of BoG and the significantly better performance that SSJ Goku gave at the end of it, after attaining the boost from being exposed to God Ki. Now, even taking into account the idea of Beerus holding back, SSJ Goku was clearly superior to SSJ3 Goku. This then doesn't taken into account all the training that Goku has gone through since then. So, we know for a fact that Goku's strength has increased. We've seen it. Same with Vegeta and just like how we knew for a fact that Gohan during the Buu Saga was inferior to Gohan during the Cell Games. Performance. At best, Buu was slightly below SS3 Goku back during the Buu Saga. That's what we know. So, there's no real reason to move him beyond that, especially not to the level where Future Trunks was at either the start or the end of the Black Saga. Like I said, that's reaching, with nothing to even back the idea up. Now, were it revealed that Buu's been training, that'd be perfectly fine. At the moment, however, there's no reason to believe so.

Exactly. That's it. Same logic tells me Gohan is over buu as well but the argument could be made that goku was holding back during their spar. But for Gohan to even spar with a him speaks to his strength if you ask me.

Last edited:
Wait so you guys have Gohan as > Buu right now?

Possibly there could def be an argument for it. Take everything jays25 jays25 just said about goku and consider the fact that Gohan sparred with him in super Saiyan form. Whether goku held back is semi irrelevant id think simply because he transformed. Holding back would be not transforming at all would be considered holding back considering the whole "Saiyan beyond God" thing.

Last edited:
nthat.gif

Well... Mystic Gohan (DBZ) is factualy >>>>>>> Buu

And he's about to unlock Mystic for the Battle Royale.
I think it's undebatable that Future Trunks & Gohan(mystic) >>> Buu

Future Trunks sliced Merged/Fusion Zamasu in half with his spirit blade...
He's basically up there with Goku and Vegeta at the end of Zamasu Arc

What we don't know is the following:

Mystic Gohan VS Super Saiyan Ikari Future Trunks (end of Zamasu arc not the beggining)

Piccolo > Frost

If Frost > Buu, then Piccolo > Buu

If Buu > Frost, then we don't know about Piccolo VS Buu yet

I don't think Piccolo could kill Buu with his special beam cannon tho... He would have to 1-shot blast him like a spirit bomb,
but doesn't have that

so I'm ranking it something like

Goku > Vegeta > Future Trunks VS Mystic Gohan > Buu slightly > Piccolo >

we dont know if 17 and 18 have been training
in the Android Saga, 17 > 18 tho. Depending on how strong they are, they maybe got stronger than Piccolo, but I suspect not.

> Tien > Krillin > Master Roshi

Wait so you guys have Gohan as > Buu right now?

Possibly there could def be an argument for it. Take everything jays25 jays25 just said about goku and consider the fact that Gohan sparred with him in super Saiyan form. Whether goku held back is semi irrelevant id think simply because he transformed. Holding back would be not transforming at all would be considered holding back considering the whole "Saiyan beyond God" thing.

Yeah. There's more reason to believe Gohan, whose gone up and down the ladder, is stronger than to believe Buu is stronger, specifically because Gohan has been training and has then done something with that training.

Not saying anything is definite for Gohan in terms of where he currently ranks of course and I'm certainly not about to say he's stronger than Future Trunks, but he's improving, whereas Buu, by all appearances, has remained static.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

I think my original list was pretty accurate. The only issues arise from Piccolo and Buu and that's just due to lack of information on them during Super.

However I still have Buu over Piccolo. Let's not forget Gohan essentially had to step in an help him out against one of Frieza's henchman. One hitta quitta. And that was when he could barely maintain his Ssj form. Also Piccolo had also taken off his weighted hat and cape.

Cats here is putting A LOT of stock into off screen training. But if we go strictly off what's said or seen. Things are pretty explanatory.

Last edited:
Universe 12 bothers me

Their God of Destruction, that fish looking ****
called Gene.. His name is a pun on Gin, but could
also be a double entendre with Genie/Djinn (although MaJIN Buu already is that)
Or maybe Gene, like Genetics.

Whatever the case maybe, the guy looks evil.

We also know, from when Gowasu was teaching Zamasu about the time-rings, the following:

Gowasu said this: Aforetime, a mortal who led an advanced civilization of the Universe 12 traveled to the past and modified it, something that was considered impossible. As a result, the ring was created - representing a parallel world.

U12 had the first time-traveller who changed the past.

I'm getting Chrono Trigger vibes

Judging by the next 3 episode descriptions and spoilers... We're basically getting a month's worth of fillers before the tourny officially starts

Weak episode

Not to many highlights

Gohan mentioned his sayian blood

Pointless back and forth between  Beerus and Goku

Oddly Beerus looks a little beefy (Drawn with more muscle)  in this episode

That's about it

Might wait till the Episode with 17 and 18 

God Toppo is annoying. All that damn justice talk.

:lol: at Gohan thinking he's cool. Still on his Great Saiyanman wave.

So I'm thinking Jiren is the grey alien dude Goku is fighting during the intro.

It's also interesting seeing how Goku and Beerus relationship has evolved.

Also does anyone find it odd that all the strongest fighters in universe 7 are on Earth?

Last edited:
God Toppo is annoying. All that damn justice talk.

:lol: at Gohan thinking he's cool. Still on his Great Saiyanman wave.

So I'm thinking Jiren is the grey alien dude Goku is fighting during the intro.

It's also interesting seeing how Goku and Beerus relationship has evolved.

Also does anyone find it odd that all the strongest fighters in universe 7 are on Earth?
Less strange and more convenient. Also consider the fact that half the group just resides on earth but aren't originally from there.

Got a question for those that know. Is the hyperbolic time chamber still available to the Z fighters? I swear I saw something about it being destroyed. If not, think that'll come into play before the tourney? Both Goku and Vegeta (more so Vegeta) will be food it seems at their current state.

Back
Top Bottom