Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Buu sits around and and eats all day. That's a safe assumption. Who's gonna train him? Mr Satan

So Future Trunks is stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta?

There's no reason to assume that he isn't. You can't say you don't have info, but claim one thing and dismiss the other.

Context matters. Nothing about buu's character or personality allows you to assume that he's doing anything other than what he's always on screen doing. The same way we can assume piccolo is always training because that's his character/personality. Buu has never been seen to care about fighting unless he's angry or protecting Hercule.

And none of that stops Goku from constantly wanting Buu in competition with the strongest fighters.

id say just have vegeta kamikaze the whole tournament like he did buu but then again they said no killing :lol:

And none of that stops Goku from constantly wanting Buu in competition with the strongest fighters.

That's got nothing to do with buu being stronger than future trunks though. After goku and vegeta (and possibly gohan depending on who you ask) buu is the strongest being on earth as far as we know. Until proven otherwise though I've gotta take buu at his last known strength, which at best was on par or slightly stronger than ssj2 Majin vegeta. And thats before him and evil buu split.

That's got nothing to do with buu being stronger than future trunks though. After goku and vegeta (and possibly gohan depending on who you ask) buu is the strongest being on earth as far as we know. Until proven otherwise though I've gotta take buu at his last known strength, which at best was on par or slightly stronger than ssj2 Majin vegeta. And thats before him and evil buu split.
Why not take the strength he's shown on Super?

You can. as complimentary info to what's already been established. But buus one fight in super isn't scalable because we have no idea how strong Basil is relative to anyone else besides buu. Other than this fight buu has fought one time and it was against beerus which does nothing to establish how strong buu is, just that he's weaker than beerus.

Last edited:
What a great episode

Goku with the ultimate disrespect :lol:

The guy at the end reminded me of Dr. Robonic from Sonic

You can. as complimentary info to what's already been established. But buus one fight in super isn't scalable because we have no idea how strong Basil is relative to anyone else besides buu. Other than this fight buu has fought one time and it was against beerus which does nothing to establish how strong buu is, just that he's weaker than beerus.
So you don't know how strong Buu is at this point in time, but can say he's weaker than Black and Future Trunks?

They all hate Goku now but watch him win the tournament and just ask the Zenos not to destroy those losing universe and the zenos be like " k " .. because Goku

:lol:

I still think GP and his " angels " are the real villains. They low key not mentioning the SUPER DBs too :nerd: .. we already know the winner gets to wish as per GP

Last edited:
So you don't know how strong Buu is at this point in time, but can say he's weaker than Black and Future Trunks?

No you're making the case that buu got stronger doing something his character has never shown any on screen interest in doing, which is training. I'm going based on what DBZ and super have given us. I'm saying he hasn't trained because the show has never done anything other than show buu about to eat, already eating, or just finished eating. Not once has buu even had one of those gohan "I have to get stronger to protect my family" moments. We know how strong buu was in DBZ but he's literally noting in super to prove that he's stronger than he was in the past. It looks like you're highly over estimating his strong buu is if you think he's touching current ssj3 goku, or you're not grasping how strong goku, vegeta, and future trunks are compared to everyone else

To put things into perspective we can use beerus to scale.

Buu was utterly ineffective against beerus. Got knocked out immediately. Goku had to go super Saiyan God just to fight beerus. After absorbing the power of super Saiyan God goku continued to fight beerus as a super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 3 goku is 2 whole transformation stronger than that he appeared in battle of the gods which was before training with whis. Trunks powered up to gokus CURRENT ssj3 level as an ssj2. and then on top of that he got his new transformation. Goku in battle of the gods was leagues stronger than buu, and trunks is stronger now than goku was in battle of the gods. Meaning buu isn't even close to being stronger than trunks.

Last edited:

No you're making the case that buu got stronger doing something his character has never shown any on screen interest in doing, which is training. I'm going based on what DBZ and super have given us. I'm saying he hasn't trained because the show has never done anything other than show buu about to eat, already eating, or just finished eating. Not once has buu even had one of those gohan "I have to get stronger to protect my family" moments. We know how strong buu was in DBZ but he's literally noting in super to prove that he's stronger than he was in the past. It looks like you're highly over estimating his strong buu is if you think he's touching current ssj3 goku, or you're not grasping how strong goku, vegeta, and future trunks are compared to everyone else
I've never said nor implied that. How do we know Buu needs to train to get stronger?

Well if you go back to Z we can see that Buu is stronger than Picollo and Goten and Trunks but also weaker than Ssj3 Gotenks.

I've never said nor implied that. How do we know Buu needs to train to get stronger?

We don't know that, you're right. But the claim that he got stronger has nothing to support it. I'm just saying he's exactly who he has been because the show hasn't infered, foreshadowed, or implied otherwise

Last edited:
One thing about Buu is that he has unlimited energy. We maybe weaker than most of the Saiyans but him having unlimited energy gives him an upper hand in fights since the opponent will eventually get tired.

So I dont think he's gotten stronger at all but once fatigue kicks in, he has the advantage.

Same went for Android 17/18. They also had unlimited energy. Piccolo couldve beaten 17 but fatigue kicked in and 17 had the advantage.

One thing about Buu is that he has unlimited energy. We maybe weaker than most of the Saiyans but him having unlimited energy gives him an upper hand in fights since the opponent will eventually get tired.

So I dont think he's gotten stronger at all but once fatigue kicks in, he has the advantage.

Same went for Android 17/18. They also had unlimited energy. Piccolo couldve beaten 17 but fatigue kicked in and 17 had the advantage.

Unlimited energy is great when the power levels are closer to eachother, buu can and has been straight up over powered though. Evil buu did it to him, kid buu did it too him, and beerus did it to him.

Goku had me :lol: this whole episode. Calling all the universes out like

200w.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom