Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

I love the intro to Medicine Ball. Probably because of my extreme NY bias
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

You know what is very weird to me... We never hear him rap about his Dad leaving him... but always hear about his mom
you can look at it a few ways ... he doesnt want to give the bastard the time of day ... he actually has feelings and cant even go there because its too personal of a topic ... i dunno thatd be a good question to ask him if you ever got the chance ...

but he does talk about waiting for his dad on the doorstep and he never came in beautiful ...

crank gettin deep in ems catalogue and %**! lol ... probably is

That and I think he mentioned him on say goodbye hollywood.

I think its way more common for people to have father issues... but I still think he'd mention it more
talks about his dad on cleanin out my closet as well

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

I think Same Song and Dance is the illest track on the album... !%%+ puts u in a transe... the beat is just so crack and kinda eerie... and Em's verse r mad nice... Cmon tootse gimme the valium alley oop, i'll slam dunk it in ya mouth til ya puke

QFT
pimp.gif

Right now, I am loving "hello" I would have used this track as the first single and made it "Hi my name is pt 2" Would have been fitting.IMO

I find "Beautiful" sort of ironic, or maybe it's intentional. Here you have a track that says be yourself and don't walk in no one else'sshoes, but Em takes us through the mind of a serial killer on this album. Maybe irony isn't the right word...

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

I think Same Song and Dance is the illest track on the album... !%%+ puts u in a transe... the beat is just so crack and kinda eerie... and Em's verse r mad nice... Cmon tootse gimme the valium alley oop, i'll slam dunk it in ya mouth til ya puke

QFT
pimp.gif

Agreed. My Favorite Song On The Album.
pimp.gif

^^ its not ironic at all, he is saying be yourself don't worry about what anyone else thinks. this album is pretty much the epitomy of that. don't letem say you ain't beautiful, even if you're drowned in sorrow, regret, and vicodin.

Damn.. I never paid attention to Eminem at all for the most part... Never even listened to an entire CD of his. I might need to catch up...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Damn.. I never paid attention to Eminem at all for the most part... Never even listened to an entire CD of his. I might need to catch up...
better catch up homie ...

Originally Posted by dunnyy

I just want to point out the fact that almost everyone in here has a different favorite song. Says something about the quality of the music..
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by dunnyy

I just want to point out the fact that almost everyone in here has a different favorite song. Says something about the quality of the music..
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
The fact Insane is my favorite says something about my mental stability
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Insane shouldn't even be listenable. The beat saves it.

I wonder if dude really did get raped. It would definitely explain a lot.

the flow on insane is ILL. i just listen to that soong for that. he's so on point w/ the beat.

i think he really did get raped ... he seems different right now in interviews and !!!% ... i dunno if you rocked with em since jumpstreet you can see it heseems more honest about !!!% ... i bet he has some !!!% still built up inside that he hasnt let out ...

maybe thats why he doesnt talk about his dad too much

Originally Posted by nyk buc

the flow on insane is ILL. i just listen to that soong for that. he's so on point w/ the beat.
true
Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i think he really did get raped ... he seems different right now in interviews and !!!% ... i dunno if you rocked with em since jumpstreet you can see it he seems more honest about !!!% ... i bet he has some !!!% still built up inside that he hasnt let out ...

maybe thats why he doesnt talk about his dad too much
Exactly.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Yea I don't think I can listen to that track again

Originally Posted by parada45

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Yea I don't think I can listen to that track again
I think the same thing about "drips" from TES but I actually like Insane
laugh.gif

I have yet to listen to one song separately. It's always the entire album from front to back.

Insane won't get skipped because I feel it paints a great picture for the rest of the album. Same for My Mom and Bagpipes from Baghdad.

Leave it to NT to develop gay rape rumors
laugh.gif

I don't see myself making a mix with any of these songs for a long time. I HAVE to listen to this album straight through, minus Crack a Bottle and We MadeYou.

I actually think We Made You flows really well wehere its at on the album I don't skip it, and my only gripe is the fact that Crack a Bottle and a skit arebetween Beautiful and Underground...they should've moved Crack a Bottle further up and placed that last skit somewhere else. Other than that, I have nocomplaints the album is really great, I don't skip anything.

It's hard to listen to other artists rap music after hearing real **** like this again

WHEN IM BEHIND THE MIC, DYNAMITE WHAT IT'S KINDA LIKE
YOU'RE STUCK WITH THE SAME STICK THAT YOU'RE TRYNA LIGHT

I'm reading through this thread and some people are saying the production is tight? Production is GARBAGE to me. Dre ain't make nothing"crackish" since Chronic 2001.

Beautiful
pimp.gif
BEST song on the album. Wish Em did more of these typesongs then that crazy, goofy BS he be on.

Anyway, Em's delivery and flow, can't nobody really !!%@ with.

Overall, pretty good album but production is nothing special to me.

Back
Top Bottom