Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

@TomDiginson & @cs02132 - I use the team's default formation. I have used Brazil, Spain, Manchester U, and last night I used Paris.

I have a few bad habits I'm working on, pressing turbo too much and for some stupid reason I tend to hit L1 then Circle.

Another issue I have is holding onto the ball. I get into a panic mode whenever a defender gets close and I'll pass instead of using skills to fake him out.

Are you guys on PS4?
yes

@TomDiginson & @cs02132 - I use the team's default formation. I have used Brazil, Spain, Manchester U, and last night I used Paris.

I have a few bad habits I'm working on, pressing turbo too much and for some stupid reason I tend to hit L1 then Circle.

Another issue I have is holding onto the ball. I get into a panic mode whenever a defender gets close and I'll pass instead of using skills to fake him out.

Are you guys on PS4?

It's actually easier to pass the ball around than use the skills and fake them out

The problem with me passing the ball around is I spend more time on my side of the field than near my opponent's goal.

If you're getting mopped online just start a career mode and play on a difficulty where you can win +.500 of your games

Sent you a friend request dabottom. We can run some and I can give you a few tips while playing

Those of y'all with the new generation consoles, be honest, is fifa really that different?

Anybody wanna run on the PS4 later after MNF?

Hit me, Thee_Pablo_21

Last edited:
Feed me details Tom!
The game play is much better than the previous fifa games on the ps3. It feels less scripted and more realistic. What I like is how momentum plays more much more of a factor in ball control. The graphics are great as well. The interface is nice and seems less dull than previous fifa games. Overall, I can say this is my favorite fifa game since 10. The comp seems much smarter that in the past and does better runs. So far, I've only played seasons and will begin playing ultimate team and manager mode later tonight or tomorrow. So don't have much say on those. If you're on the fence of getting it, then I say go for it. However, if you're contemplating getting a next gen console just for fifa I'd say you should make that decision on your own.

Last edited:
The problem with me passing the ball around is I spend more time on my side of the field than near my opponent's goal.

Keeping the ball > losing it

keep it until you can find the right sequence of passes to move up the field..

Next-Gen Keepers are OD good aka 15 on target against Casillas.Son stopped/saved all of em -_____-

Guess who was the MOTM :x

Last edited:
You only need to learn a few skill moves. Roulette, scoop turn, fake shot, and mcgeady turn are about it

Next-Gen Keepers are OD good aka 15 on target against Casillas.Son stopped/saved all of em -_____-

This is one reason why I feel FIFA can be scripted at times. I'll have games like this 15-20 shots on target and lose 2-1 and my opponent only has like 5 on target.

I seem not to have scoring problems on Pro Clubs though. But I still feel like the auto tackle is OP for computer defenders. It's like FIFA scripted em to know exactly where I dribble and turn next. 5 star skills, 90+ ball control and dribbling but I get tackled 4/5 times I touch the ball a few feet after receiving the ball.

Other than that I'm loving this game.

They let the easiest shots go by but then make spectacular saves like its nothin :smh:

8 straight Lost and draws straight games while taking way more shots :x :x :x

First ****** relegation.

Last edited:
This is one reason why I feel FIFA can be scripted at times. I'll have games like this 15-20 shots on target and lose 2-1 and my opponent only has like 5 on target.

I seem not to have scoring problems on Pro Clubs though. But I still feel like the auto tackle is OP for computer defenders. It's like FIFA scripted em to know exactly where I dribble and turn next. 5 star skills, 90+ ball control and dribbling but I get tackled 4/5 times I touch the ball a few feet after receiving the ball.

Other than that I'm loving this game.
All of this!

Back
Top Bottom