Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

Starcraft 2 Arcade has a great soccer game too.  Very much like that old Mega Man soccer back in the day, where every player had a unique ability.

I'm stuck on Division 3 in seasons.. Games are a lot more close now, every game in the other divisions were high scoring matches, all of my matches now are draws or wins/losses by 1, with no more than 4 goals scored.

Last edited:
It seems that FIFA conspires against me in Ultimate Team ether that or its some type of lag cheat that people are using and I don't know about it. I dropped from division 2 to division 4 due to "lag" from other players.

The more I play this game, the more I'm starting to dislike it on the ps4. It's very slow even when I have the team on attacking mode. Defending is very sloppy at times as well. I've never returned a fifa game in my life but I think I might have to try and trade.

It seems that FIFA conspires against me in Ultimate Team ether that or its some type of lag cheat that people are using and I don't know about it. I dropped from division 2 to division 4 due to "lag" from other players.

The more I play this game, the more I'm starting to dislike it on the ps4. It's very slow even when I have the team on attacking mode. Defending is very sloppy at times as well. I've never returned a fifa game in my life but I think I might have to try and trade.
Same here. Been playing since FIFA 06 and this is probably by far the most frustrating and unfinished/unbalanced game I can remember playing. It all goes down to luck to win now even if you are a veteran at the series. I gave 14 a lot of praise early on but it's so bad now.

Everyone exploits LB+Y, run to the wing and cross back post for cheap unbalanced headers in FUT now it's pretty sad. The high pressure, double team/triple team is OP too.

And don't even get me started on defending and the game physics. Yall ever play games and feel like your players are unstoppable? I've had games where my players were literally ball magnets and tackled and intercepted everything. Then there are games where you're on the other end when a simple 5 yd pass is deflected or off target. I'm starting to believe the scripting rumors people online are talking about.

I can't explain it but I can already predict if I can win or lose the game in the first few plays of possession. The game is so inconsistent it's hard not to believe EA has a hand on scripting the game in one persons advantage. Gone are the days where you can outplay other people and win 90% of the time. Only thing keeping me playing the game is Pro Clubs with my boys but even that is complete horse ish this year.

Yeah last year was kinda bad too. Ever since 12 it's gone downhill...I think last year and this year have been frustrating. EA has chosen the Jordan brand route on FIFA. People still buy it no matter what so they don't even try to innovate anymore and ignore their core fan's feedback.

They turned the game into where AI and their game engine is too involved and disrupts the flow of the game. Ever since they introduced Tactical defending the series got worse. Containing, auto tackling, deflections...people don't even press B or X to tackle anymore or block shots. The game does it for you.

Might skip on 15 if it's the same hot mess.

Last edited:
I'm one of those people who abuse R1+Triangle. I'm not that good at attacking so I use it to push the ball down the field. Didn't know it was some type of cheat, lol

wonder what @juicyju  thinks of the issues people across forums seem to be taking with the game.

never played him, but I'm psn friends with him and from his record he's clearly a beast at the game.

Last edited:
I try to play with 4 star teams during all online matches.... Unless the opponent picks PSG :lol:

You can shut down messi, neymar, Aguero, Robben, Ronaldo, everyone else in the whole damn game with sound defense, but a mediocre cross into the box will ALWAYS be won by king Zlatan smh :lol:

you can go to the settings and change the overall speed of the game higher. Been doing it since '11. plus when you get the new game usually all your setting roll over to the next version no problem.

Love the song posted and yes '12 was the best one by far recently.

Seems like i get crazy lag sometimes when im about to score, i went from div 4 to 6 cuz i just couldnt win a damn game smh

I think that 10 and 11 were their best games to date. As someone mentioned before the rest feels scripted at times and you can almost predict if the game is yours to win within the first few minutes of the game.

wonder what @juicyju
 thinks of the issues people across forums seem to be taking with the game.

never played him, but I'm psn friends with him and from his record he's clearly a beast at the game.

This years FIFA does have a few issues I really hate. Sometimes defenders just take too way long to react to lob passes... and really just the ball in general. Give and go is too slow as well.

HIt me up if you ever trying to run one

Gonna be snowing all day in Chicago, means ill probably be playing fifa 14 (ps3) tonight. I'll be down to get a couple games in or join up a proclub team if you need someone.

-crazyraul1

Haven't played with the IF but Totti at LW with a +10 All training card is so unfair.

^thats why i stick to online seasons, no desire to play magical teams and trading cards.

Back
Top Bottom