::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Before I put in my 2 cents, keep this in mind. A result is a result at the end of the day, and I had to work so I only watched the second half.

What a sloppy performance for the 2nd half. Good substitutions by zee klings, BUT a sloppy sloppy performance. Shape was not kept, we will be punished by any quality team if it is not addressed immediately. The desire to advance up front with out any support is gob smacking. Bradley was useless, Beasley was characteristically non existent on the pitch(honestly ask rangers fan, old co fans know deep down inside the truth about this useless w****r) Thank Christ for Tim Howard, the only world class quality we had in the starting 11 tonight. Lack of movement and desire to create space had me banging my head against the wall. The passing that should be short and sharp was no where to be seen. There were times defensively that our lads were dragged so far out of position they were creating shapes I've never seen on a football pitch. We were clutching at straws and came out with a scrappy win. 

That said, I'm buzzin we got the result. Yes we didn't have a clue going forward, but at the end of the day we were clinical in front of goal with our opportunities. If Ghana had been as clinical as we were in front of goal the score line would be different. It reminded me a lot of the win Celtic got over Barca a couple years back at Parkhead, mon the hoops, we had to put our chances away no if ands or buts about it because we were only gonna get 2-3 cracks at them cuz barca does what barca does and controls the game from start to finish. This was displayed again today with the US. Bring on Portugal, it'll defo be interesting seeing what the Portuguese National Diving Team has to offer the US, they'll be looking to secure their first 3 points asap. If Germany win which is highly likely that they will because they will out class out muscle out football the Ghana squad in every sense on that pitch. 7 points gets you out this group. I would like to see us not play counter attacking football against the Portuguese. I would like to see movement among the mid field and strikers, and keeping the shape up the pitch to offer support and space to anyone with the ball, also applying more pressure to the defense. I would like to see vision and creativity cuz today we were dimmer than a 40 watt light bulb. Maybe watch some tapes of a young scholesy and figure it out, good thing there's plenty of time til the next game.

As for fatigue towards the end of the match. This is what happens when you're domestic season is still going on around world cup time. The season should be played fall-spring, and these lads should of been training in saunas preparing for this tournament gettin Joakim Noah focused. 

Tomorrow will be good, you guys are all looking forward to see Brasil Mexico, I'm Roy keen for that Belgium match, and the Korea Russia one will be good too. Janazaj to shine like Christ out there. In 2-5 years time, everyone will know that boys name and hopefully we'll get another United player on the cover of FIFA out of it too. Or pro evo, which IMO is better than FIFA except the English league, FIFA has all the rights for that the bellends. It's essentially 2K sports>EA but a footy game instead. 2K should do a footy game, I bet it would be outlandish. 

All in all, I'm pleased with the result. About time we beat Ghana, now lets make ronnie cry on Sunday(only for the world cup, I'm still hoping he comes home thats my boy)

US was getting crushed by ghana forwards, they just couldnt finish.

In a MUST win for Portugal, i'm picking portugal even without pepe and fabio

US was getting crushed by ghana forwards, they just couldnt finish.

In a MUST win for Portugal, i'm picking portugal even without pepe and fabio
I'm not surprised with pepe's dismisall. I don't watch much La Liga, but whenever I do watch it, it's usually him, marcelo, or ramos getting the red. I might go put a fiver on each the next time I watch El classico lol. 

Portugal will want it tho, a betting man would put his fiver on them, wonder what the sky bet odds are...

Couldn't see next matches odds for USA but sky bet has 4/1 odds for a draw tomorrow with brasil and mexico and 9/1 for a mexico win, a cheeky fiver on mexico I think???

LOL they have a money back garuntee on Brasil if they loose to Mexico they'll refund loosing bets, 30/100 isn't enough to tempt me

Man the US looked terrible.

They're lucky they were playing such an undisciplined team. Dudes were taking half volleys from 35 yards out :smh:

Last edited:
Go check my post history again. Been posting since the beginning of the 13-14 season around when Bale was rumored to be going to Madrid. Just didn't post frequently till now cuz I have time
You started posting in the football threads a couple weeks ago though...

Last edited:

WHERE YOU BUMS THAT WAS SLANDERING KLINSMANN?

I LOVE THE ATTITUDE HE INSTILLED INTO THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They've played with that "attitude" for the last 20 years.

Klinzy wanted to bring flair to US soccer but realized he couldn't with the talent pool he has. So he sold everyone on this "HEART. ATTITUDE. PASSION." mantra because the every 4 year fan eats that stuff up every 4 years like the bucket of Bon Bons in their lap during this game.
SHUT THE HELL UP YOU DONOVAN GROUPIE

LIKE I SAID GIVE THAT MAN CREDIT

I AINT A EVERY 4 YEAR SUPPORTER YOU NONATHLETIC CHAP

I'm elated 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom