::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

mexico-vs-brazil-2.jpg

1. Agnostic =/= atheist.
2. Why the hell do you hate Russian soccer? It makes no sense. Please explain.

1. I didn't say anything that implied agnostic and atheist were the same.

2. Hate is a strong word but I root against them because in short I feel they're the standard barriers for racism and the racial abuse of players in football. Of course this is the work of what I hope and assume is a minority of their fans but that minority is far greater and nastier than the equivalent group of fans in any other footballing nation with actual money and influence. Their federation allows animalistic behavior to run rampant. They don't even pretend to take a stand like other federations. I apologize to any Russian supporters who can't understand why I'd have a less than neutral position on their team.

The American phrase they use is "get over it" :tongue: but yea **** russia

It is political then. Dont say otherwise.

Every league has racism. I know that youre talking about the Hulk thing. I challenge you to find more than a few examples. You are exascerbating a single incident that was overblown by the media. That ish happens in Italy ALL the time. Do you hate Italy? There are many cultural reasons that some Russians might be xenophobic but its no worse than other places.

Russian soccer is beautiful and passionate. Learn to love not hate.

It's not a political issue it's a football issue. I have zero interest in Russia's numerous political nightmares.

You are incredibly naive and/or ignorant if you believe what you just typed about that being an isolated incident. Like, I don't even believe that you believe that. I'm actually insulted.

I've spoken on Italy many times before. No I do not root for them. They've still done more to fix the issue than Russia, though their attempts are a complete joke.

You're Russian, you honestly believe the issue is no worse than in other places. There's no reason for you or I to ever speak on the matter again. Nothing positive will come of it.

Last edited:
I don't root for Russia, Italy, or Spain....those countries don't give a **** so why should I....plus Italian Americans hands down are some of the most racist folks I've ever encountered

But get off our ***** and let's get back to football talk....y'all worry about reasoning more than my girl

Last edited:
I know I'll probably piss some people off but IDGF..¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the future People will be like "te acuerdas el mundial donde Ochoa le paro todo a los brazileños"

Ice, I'm not going to deny that Russia needs to work on their acceptance of minorities.  But take whatever you hear in the media with a grain of salt because the smear campaign is something very real.  You're definitely going to hear about the negatives but the positives will most likely be filtered and selectively muffled to the general public. 

Let's move on.

ayo, if a CONCACAF team wins, is the league ELITE?

lol

i like how son comes in here and starts arguing about >muh elite teams yet is quick to dismiss any other team performing.

Son really said, 4 star teams to win the WC.

The odds are against teams that haven't won the WC yet, but it's going to be absolutely hilarious if one of them does this year.

I can already hear the buttblastedness 3 weeks away from now
roll.gif
Lol you're still going? Mexicans really don't quit lmao, it's the heart you were talking about. Now your trolling skills are on the decline, or maybe they aren't? 
nerd.gif

Aside from Mike the troll, something I just noticed.

You know your country doesn't have many football moments/talents when all it takes is one good game for the player to be hailed as a God. 
laugh.gif
 The guy doesn't have any huge achievements club wise either 
roll.gif
, but he's a God given talent?. I don't get it, maybe it's part of the trolling? Ochoa had a good game, great in the eye of some but let's come back down to earth? Or? Not? Lol, you're choice really.  I wonder if Mexicans will now put Ochoa up there with Sanchez? Hmm.
I don't root for Russia, Italy, or Spain....those countries don't give a **** so why should I....plus Italian Americans hands down are some of the most racist folks I've ever encountered
Italy and Spain have wild racism openly displayed to clubs like Barcelona (Dani Alves banana), Milan (Prince Boateng left because of it, Balotelli, Kevin Constant all being called monkeys). Disgusting. In Europe, my favorite team is AC milan too 
mean.gif
.  Those are just a few of course. Really a shame.

wooster wooster Bro I've had actual conversations with professional footballers who played in Russia. I'm sure they're part of the smear campaign. But yes I'm more than willing to move on.

Last edited:

What? Excuses? Brazil played awful today, I've said it, they're underperforming. But to say Mexico played good? Shows where the bar is set but again that's what expected from a team that has absolutely no history what so ever in a tournament like the World Cup. You guys were such a thorn in 2013, man. It's ok, like I said, it's football **** happens.

I love the optimism and the pride though. If ignoring the obvious helps, hey then so be it.

It's a fact the talents of the countries I first mentioned are the best in the world, there is no denying that, far beyond that of ANY CONCACAF team. But you're right cause how many CONCACAF teams have won a World Cup? Matter of fact, I'll make it easy lol which CONCACAF team has EVER ranked in a World Cup?

I don't get how you're saying we underperformed, yet you're praising Mexico's performance against a team that you admitted was underperforming. What were you saying when your team with such heart got left behind in the Confederations Cup? What excuses were you using then? Or against Italy? I mean against Japan you guys got the win but ummm yeah, I don't get you.

And we won the 1st match in which we scored 4 goals lol so I don't get your 2 matches in a row comment.

Again, I don't know why people keep resorting to the classic troll  "You mad" lol no one is mad. If anyone is mad, it's the starless teams that know that they have to AGAIN sit through a World Cup watching another country win. Personally if Germany won that would be cool, 4 stars. Or even Italy, so another team could have 5. France, another team that I like to win a World Cup.
LOL @ this dude being cool with all those Euro nations winning the cup on South American soil. You belittle Mexico but bow down to massa when it comes to Europe. If I am Brazilian the last thing I am doing is sitting back and naming a bunch of Euro teams I want to see win the cup. I will be damned, son.

What exactly are you expecting from Brazil in this tournament? Did you see the 23 players called up by that old relic of a coach who was so senile he wanted to make Diego Costa beat out Fred and Jo? You're not going to see pretty football, son. Ronaldinho's jheri curl is not dripping on that pitch. So don't try to downplay Mexico's performance today because holding Brazil to a scoreless draw on their own turf in a freaking WORLD CUP match is an amazing feat (and a pretty sad one if you're Brazilian). 

It's getting real hooligan up in here.

argentine.jpg

Im not Russian, man. I just love their culture, history, and especially football. As someone who watches the RPL all of the time and is involved with fans of the league, I can tell you that racism incidents are not common at all. People love to slander Russia. There are tons of blacks in the RPL. M'Vila, Diarra, Angbwa, Caicedo, etc. M'Vila has even said he's never had problems with racism. The incidents that do happen get blown out of proportion.

Also the Russian federationis very strict about fan incidents. They will often ban fans entirely from matches and put heavy fines on clubs for incidents.

Dont believe everything you hear.

I found it interesting that all of the Russians national club players all played in Russia.

It's an incredibly strong league with a fine balance between players developed domestically and imports of the best players from the other first division Eastern Euro leagues, with the occasional superstar/Brazilian sprinkled in.

oneilmatt oneilmatt When people criticize Russia for its problems with racism it's a smear campaign, when they speak positive it's the truth. :rolleyes

You'll believe what you want, as will I. I'm willing to leave it at that.

Last edited:
this is all coming from the guy who thinks he's above me, but yet keeps addressing me.

We're on the same boat, but in your mind you're not.

If I can be sincere, you're arguing with no one other than yourself right now m8. You're trying so hard to prove to me, a person who roots for a country that has "no footballing history" according to you, that you're country is so superior ie bringing up your past accomplishments and what not lol. I don't think you realize where the cheering for Mexico is even coming from because if you did you would have let this go a while ago, that irrationality is blinding your judgement. I'll help you find the light. The reason for all this is because Mexico had a ****** 2013 campaign. Before you brought the Confed. Coup asking what was my excuse? excuse for what bro? for having a a coach who couldn't motivate the players anymmore? a coach who couldn't use the proper tactics and decided to be hard headed and go with his way or the high way? there is no excuse. You're fetching for straws.

If this isn't an inferiority complex or living vicariously through past accomplishments, then I don't know what it is. Sure is some sort complex to try and prove so hard how accomplished the country is, in football.

You didn't get a draw today. In your mind, today's draw was a moral defeat. Country so good with 5 WC of accomplished teams couldn't get a win against a country like Mexico today, unbelievable right?
ah well.

You're calling me names, but in reality
View media item 1032171

Anyways,

whose ready for tomorrow?

I got Holland 3-0 (plus or minus 1)

Spain 2-1

Croatia 2-0

Last edited:
It's an incredibly strong league with a fine balance between players developed domestically and imports of the best players from the other first division Eastern Euro leagues, with the occasional superstar/Brazilian sprinkled in.

@oneill When people criticize Russia for its problems with racism it's a smear campaign, when they speak positive it's the truth. :rolleyes

You'll believe what you want, as will I. I'm willing to it at that.

never paid attention to that league, i know they have money but ill probably will look into it

LOL @ this dude being cool with all those Euro nations winning the cup on South American soil. You belittle Mexico but bow down to massa when it comes to Europe. If I am Brazilian the last thing I am doing is sitting back and naming a bunch of Euro teams I want to see win the cup. I will be damned, son.

What exactly are you expecting from Brazil in this tournament? Did you see the 23 players called up by that old relic of a coach who was so senile he wanted to make Diego Costa beat out Fred and Jo? You're not going to see pretty football, son. Ronaldinho's jheri curl is not dripping on that pitch. So don't try to downplay Mexico's performance today because holding Brazil to a scoreless draw on their own turf in a freaking WORLD CUP match is an amazing feat (and a pretty sad one if you're Brazilian). 

It's getting real hooligan up in here.
Ok, first off. The only team I want to win is Brazil, SHOULD THEY GET ELIMINATED, there are teams I'm going to root for. I enjoy the football other countries bring and the players they produce. My favorite players of all time aren't all Brazilian, there are French (Zidane) and Italian (Pirlo) players I really enjoy/enjoyed watching and I won't mind if another team wins should Brazil be eliminated. I'm not blind to great football. For example in 2006, when Zidane murdered Brazil (which I was rooting for of course), I was in awe, we had the manpower to win but man he played a great ******* game and should've went on to win the whole thing but his temper got the best of him. After we lost, I rooted for France.

Of course I want Brazil to win in Brazil, while I'm in Brazil for the entire thing, especially after losing it in 1950 at home also to Uruguay. I love my country, no other country gets put above mine in my eyes. But I'm not one of those "If my country doesn't win, **** every other country." If that's you, cool, do you, but I like to enjoy other teams as well and appreciate good football, I can admit when my country/team is outplayed.

Back
Top Bottom