• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I swear people will complain and criticize the club no matter what. Especially rival fans..

If he remains manager: “Roman would’ve been sacked Tuchel. This new ownership lacks ambition.”

Tuchel is sacked: “I can’t believe they sacked him. He should’ve been given more time. Chelsea haven’t changed smh”

I think your just making a bunch of bs assumptions. From all reports it looks like Tuchel didn't really want to work with them. Wanted to only manage and not help with recruiting or want to answer any questions owner had. Why wouldn't a guy who just spent a few billions purchasing want regular communication with his employee. Also it is said a bunch of the team were unhappy to be played out of position
We know you're a Chelsea homer, but put that away for now and be somewhat logical. It is possible that Tuchel was never their guy to begin with. Tuchel has always been known as a footballing nerd. So them expecting him to immediately turn into something he's not which is a businessman is ridiculous. It's just smoke and mirrors. They got their guy.

I swear people will complain and criticize the club no matter what. Especially rival fans..

If he remains manager: “Roman would’ve been sacked Tuchel. This new ownership lacks ambition.”

Tuchel is sacked: “I can’t believe they sacked him. He should’ve been given more time. Chelsea haven’t changed smh”

Na I respect it.

Chelsea staying true to tradition.

ANYBODY can get sacked.

No one would've said Tuchel needs to be sacked soon though :lol:. No one would bemoan a 'lack of ambition' either coming off a 300M window...

He wasn't anywhere near the list of managers expected to be sacked even after the slow start. Still only 6 games in and there's a bunch of new players.

Thought he would've been afforded the time to find his groove with that team. Especially after making 6 of the last 7 finals in each competition they've played, you'd think that would build up a certain amount of cache but this new regime wants their own rubber stamp on things it seems.

This is...bad

Some decisions were made in haste. Tuchel only wants to focus on tactics, Todd who isn't used to this sport understandably wants in depth explanations to improve his understanding.

That isn't the coach's job though. His job is on the field and you've pretty much forced him into a position where not only does he have to learn how to get several new guys to fit into the squad now he has to hold your hand and educate you.

Should've held onto Cech until you found someone who truly fit your vision. And he probably should've waited until January before making a move like this.

This is...bad

Some decisions were made in haste. Tuchel only wants to focus on tactics, Todd who isn't used to this sport understandably wants in depth explanations to improve his understanding.

That isn't the coach's job though. His job is on the field and you've pretty much forced him into a position where not only does he have to learn how to get several new guys to fit into the squad now he has to hold your hand and educate you.

Should've held onto Cech until you found someone who truly fit your vision.
Of all the posts made this morning by Chelsea man, this is the most logical assessment made thus far.

Did Cech quit after the club was sold or was he fired? Def looked like a big loss for the new regime at the time.

I know Marina was never gonna stay on after Roman was out of the picture but Cech would've helped bridge the gap between the team and management with a bit of continuity

Last edited:
This is...bad

Should've held onto Cech until you found someone who truly fit your vision. And he probably should've waited until January before making a move like this.
I’m not mad at this point of view. Definitely good points here.

Also, if you believe that he should’ve been given a clean slate by the ownership, then this was a bit hasty.

I’m looking at our form since December 2021 until now and I can see why he’s gone. Boehly and crew likely considered that and not just the last 6 games.

But I completely agree that Tuchel shouldn’t have been as involved in transfer business. But the sanctions and forced sale of the club put us in the position where we needed it. There was no way to bring in a proper DOF that quickly.

"hE wUZ cHeKeD oUTZ" A man pleading for more time doesn't sound like someone who was checked out to me.

If they're that impatient with a proven winner at the club, I don't see how Potter will work out. Time and patience is absolutely necessary for a proper rebuild and Potter would need to be afforded that.

Man sounds like the type of owner who would've sacked Klopp after year 2

Ancelotti said this is his last year coaching right?

Tuchel should just be patient and wait for the Madrid job next year, he would be a great fit. Can play his style of ball with enough super talented offensive players to balance it.

If they're that impatient with a proven winner at the club, I don't see how Potter will work out. Time and patience is absolutely necessary for a proper rebuild and Potter would need to be afforded that.

Man sounds like the type of owner who would've sacked Klopp after year 2

Oh here you go.

Yea if this was United they would have kept losing games but kept Tuchel for another 3 years with 13 contract extensions/pay raises in the process while getting nowhere.

This is who Chelsea are. This is who they’ve always been.

They’re not here looking for saviors and giving managers 3-4 years to get things right. Win now or get sacked.

And so far that’s worked out pretty well for them. Countless EPL titles and two CL titles throughout the last 15 years.

Ancelotti said this is his last year coaching right?

Tuchel should just be patient and wait for the Madrid job next year, he would be a great fit. Can play his style of ball with enough super talented offensive players to balance it.

I think he said Madrid will be his last coaching job, but not that this will be his last season. RM job is demanding though and turnaround time tends to be quick for it. I can’t see Ancelotti continuing past next season.

I’m not mad at this point of view. Definitely good points here.

Also, if you believe that he should’ve been given a clean slate by the ownership, then this was a bit hasty.

I’m looking at our form since December 2021 until now and I can see why he’s gone. Boehly and crew likely considered that and not just the last 6 games.

But I completely agree that Tuchel shouldn’t have been as involved in transfer business. But the sanctions and forced sale of the club put us in the position where we needed it. There was no way to bring in a proper DOF that quickly.
Well this is the thing. Can you transition ownership while at the same time maintaining what you've accomplished. Or is there always going to be an adjustment period? Especially when you know you're going to be moving forward missing a key piece of any football team?

Boehly is moving like this is a corporate office right now. New acquisition but we're still going to hit all our goals and accomplish new milestones as if nothing has happened. But something has happened, you replaced a ton of people in the backrooms and on the field.

I'm not going to pretend like losing to Zagreb wasn't embarrassing but that's football. You get caught slipping. But I figured it'd go from "sweat under the cap" to "warm seat" after that loss. Not **** even though I just bought you a £270M engagement ring. It's not the best look.

They’re not here looking for saviors and giving managers 3-4 years to get things right. Win now or get sacked.

And so far that’s worked out pretty well for them. Countless EPL titles and two CL titles throughout the last 15 years.
Going the unproven big club manager route flies completely opposite of that history though :lol:

They usually get a ready made manager with winning experience (or nepo hire like Lamps) when they pull the plug fast like that, not an unknown at that level.

It's a sink or swim environment typically but they'll have to recalibrate that quite a bit if they go that direction especially for someone coming in without a preseason and squad full of new players they had no input on...

At least if they want him to succeed.

If this was Roman I wouldn't think as much of this as I do now.

This is however a new guy who doesn't know the sport at all. Makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom