• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Going the unproven big club manager route flies completely opposite of that history though :lol:

They usually get a ready made manager with winning experience (or nepo hire like Lamps) when they pull the plug fast like that, not an unknown at that level.

It's a sink or swim environment typically but they'll have to recalibrate that quite a bit if they go that direction especially for someone coming in without a preseason and squad full of new players they had no input on...

If they hire Potter and he doesn’t work out, guess what?

They’ll fire him too and look for another name.

So the pitch is that they'll move differently after showing the opposite to get to this point :lol:, he's better off waiting for a better situation where he'll get time to grow into the role rather than be expected to be an instant success right away.

The like of Spurs, Arsenal, Citeh after Pep would be better looks for that step up for him.

This has to be a cultural thing.

Tuchel’s record the last 20 games and how terrible they’ve played would get you sacked anywhere in Southern Europe at a big club.

RM? Barça? Fired

Porto? Benfica? Fired

That’s the thing I always liked about Chelsea. They’re an English team but they will never buy into that English mindset of “OMG we need to find Fergie, let’s spend the next 10 years doing so”.

They’ve always moved differently.

If this was Roman I wouldn't think as much of this as I do now.

This is however a new guy who doesn't know the sport at all. Makes a difference.

I totally get that. New owners so you’re skeptical. I would be too.

There may be some mistakes along the way. Okay.

But here’s how I look at it. Roman would have done the same thing and Boehly has been staying true to the culture of Chelsea. From spending to managerial decisions.

So far so good. The willingness is there.

**** I didn't see that coming

It is not because it came from Chelsea

It is because it came from the American ownership. This is wild

Either we got Roman type ownership with the collecting data OCD mindset or the new ownership just wanted to do their own way

Not sure what to believe

I mean the club spent over 200 millions euro to back the manager. Then sack him less than in three months later?

Or the new ownership found someone lined up all along to take over the squad

Only time will tell

they have so many new acquisitions they haven't even had time to play together yet.
this move doesn't make any sense and only makes a little sense if you have an elite manager lined up.

Every new team needs time to gel. These players barely know each other.

Had a feeling Tuchel would be getting the sack this season during the summer window. Didn’t think it would be this early in the season though. The football has been uninspired but he should have been given more time. Situation feels very much like what Mourinho was going through working with Woodward

don't feel like typing a lot but imo it was the right move. this is just about the length he's lasted at his last 2 gigs also. feels like a pattern

Yea he did bits with that Spurs squad and had them punching above their weight for years. His development of the talent they had too was outstanding.

His PSG stint wasn't great but I don't think that environment is necessarily a good reflection of how good a coach is. Tuchel and Emery have shown their quality before and after leaving their.

His stock has definitely taken a hit but I still see him being back at a big club sooner than later.

I’m talking about hardware
He coached Spurs and had them in the CL regularly, hell even made a final, that's about as good as you'll ever get there :lol:

Conte would deserve all the credit in the world if he wins something there

This is who Chelsea are. This is who they’ve always been.

They’re not here looking for saviors and giving managers 3-4 years to get things right. Win now or get sacked.

And so far that’s worked out pretty well for them. Countless EPL titles and two CL titles throughout the last 15 years.
Apples to Oranges. Chelsea under Roman is not Chelsea under Boehly.

Personally I think Tuchel should have gotten until the end of the season. I think Chelsea makes CL pretty easy with their talent.

But if this makes things easier for Arsenal to make CL I’m not gonna complain.

Been wanting my guy Potter to get a shot at a big job but man idk about that setup at Chelsea. It makes sense tactics wise since he plays 3ATB too but wonder about the support he’s going to get from above.

don't feel like typing a lot but imo it was the right move. this is just about the length he's lasted at his last 2 gigs also. feels like a pattern
Eh, I don't count Dortmund and PSG. One is a blatant feeder club whose ownership has no ambition and doesn't mind being mid, so long as they qualify for the champions league every year. Another is being run by the inmates of the Assylum. The reason why I rate Klopps resume so much from Dortmund is he was playing a rigged game and he was able to still win with it and surpass the odds consistently.

It’s been a mess all season these two been butting heads. Fans been on Josef side all season for obvious reasons Pineda don’t help himself starting a dude who sucks over him and can’t score but makes all the cute runs he likes. But at the same time Josef can’t be out here not training when being told he’s not gonna start or flipping over catering tables in the dressing room after losing this weekend :lol:

Add onto that Miles Robinson our best centberack who’s been injured all season just got arrested in Cobb at some bar cause they thought he wasn’t gonna pay a 5 dollar shot (seemingly without even confronting him about it first) and actually called the cops over that it’s been a rough couple days for Atlanta united :smh:

The sacking part is still wild to me. I'd understand if Tuchel was given more time to prove until he's out if he doesn't live up to the expectation result

Same emotions I felt about seeing Mourinho and Conte got sacked. I cannot say the same thing about Ancelotti and Ranieri. I started taking Chelsea and football more serious during mid 2010s. I wish I started following it in the 2000s so I can witness The young Special One and Don Carlo era

I wasn't there when Roman bought the club. I notice he didn't replace Ranieri until a year later. Probably because of Ken Bates who was still the chairman of the club until he left the club. Two months later, Roman replaced Ranieri with Mourinho

Well, the only thing I can do is to thank Tuchel for the memories and wish him the best of luck. I will always root for him whenever he becomes a coach for a different club (non PL only)

twj166uqmem91.jpg

Back
Top Bottom