OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
me neither but luckily for city they have the funds to waste

i wouldn’t spend a lot of money on any central defender that doesn’t have really great athletic ability
the boy can ball though

I may end up being wrong on this but I wouldn't pay 100 mill for Gvardiol
I feel the same but imma trust the club and pep on improving him on this one. He’s obviously a great young talent but he’s not a 100m player rn. But the potential transfer tax bout as much as the English transfer tax these so it is what it is. I wonder where Laporte gonna end up tho.

Done deal
IMG_1167.jpeg

if yall get rice, what happens to stones? back to CB?
Stones still play as a CB he just had full license to go up the pitch when we in full control of possession when out of possession it’s a flat back 4. Pep gonna let him do that regardless. If Rice comes I expect it to be a KDB/Foden Rice Rodri midfield. Gundogan and Rice different players but Rice is capable of doing the same tasks minus the goal scoring Rice hasn’t shown that yet and the silkiness Gundogan would do it with. But I got no doubt rice would do great being that double pivot with Rodri and he works as a 8 cause he’s really good carrying the ball forward in his own way.

Stones still play as a CB he just had full license to go up the pitch when we in full control of possession when out of possession it’s a flat back 4. Pep gonna let him do that regardless. If Rice comes I expect it to be a KDB/Foden Rice Rodri midfield. Gundogan and Rice different players but Rice is capable of doing the same tasks minus the goal scoring Rice hasn’t shown that yet and the silkiness Gundogan would do it with. But I got no doubt rice would do great being that double pivot with Rodri and he works as a 8 cause he’s really good carrying the ball forward in his own way.
i thought kovacic was gundogan's replacement?

i thought kovacic was gundogan's replacement?

Nah Kovakic was just takin advantage of an opportunity to get really good "cheap" depth. Best City reporters said the club would only go for rice if Gundogan leaves which is playing out now so in they see him as more of a replacement. I get it tho replacement don't always mean style of player but level of importance of a player. Best version of Rice can become as important for us in his own way as Gundogan was in his.

still no word on owners… and yet you lot don’t understand why we hate them. Only team that could do with a new player in each position and still haven’t made a signing.. but yeah glazers aren’t that bad.

If this does happen I would be interested to see how Pep uses him. I can only see him in a double pivot. Rodri covers for the area he lacks in, build up play, and Rice is free to break the lines with his dribbling and snuff out chances with his elite ball winning.

But if he is replacing Stones in the XI that means you lose out on having a natural CB to drop into the 3 to make it a 4 when you don’t have possession. Rice is good enough defensively to do that job but would think that Stones is better suited for that.

Having those two to rotate in that role is just :smh:

Back
Top Bottom