OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, they're actively hurting y'all, business is picking up and it's gonna be late August overpaying for players
We are a joke blood.. we can’t even sell players. You can’t buy yet.. fine then work on selling the dead weight. ..Talking about United have made contact or is keeping tabs on X player.. wtf were those people doing the whole year before the window opened? Screams of incompetence..

If this does happen I would be interested to see how Pep uses him. I can only see him in a double pivot. Rodri covers for the area he lacks in, build up play, and Rice is free to break the lines with his dribbling and snuff out chances with his elite ball winning.

But if he is replacing Stones in the XI that means you lose out on having a natural CB to drop into the 3 to make it a 4 when you don’t have possession. Rice is good enough defensively to do that job but would think that Stones is better suited for that.

Having those two to rotate in that role is just :smh:
If we get him i for sure don’t wanna see stones out the 11 he’s too good. I can see Pep going all in on the defensive solidity the 4 cbs brought this year and doubling down on that with with Rodri and Rice in front of em. I can already see how it would fit the way we play in possession and outta possession

If we get him i for sure don’t wanna see stones out the 11 he’s too good. I can see Pep going all in on the defensive solidity the 4 cbs brought this year and doubling down on that with with Rodri and Rice in front of em. I can already see how it would fit the way we play in possession and outta possession
Akanji Dias Ake(Gvardiol)
Rice Rodri
RM KDB CM Grealish

With ball

Akanji Rice Dias Ake(Gvardiol)
RM CM Rodri Grealish

Without ball

Is what I was thinking. If they go with the below:

Stones Rodri
RM KDB Rice Grealish

Akanji Stones Dias Ake(Gvardiol)
RM Rice Rodri Grealish

They’ll be even harder to score against. Only worry I would have is Rice adjusting to being an 8 for a team who always have possession. He’s played for Moyes and Southgate, whole lot of defending and counterattacking.

Rice Rodri
RM KDB CM Grealish

With ball

Akanji Rice Dias Ake(Gvardiol)
RM CM Rodri Grealish

Without ball

Is what I was thinking. If they go with the below:

Stones Rodri
RM KDB Rice Grealish

Akanji Stones Dias Ake(Gvardiol)
RM Rice Rodri Grealish

They’ll be even harder to score against. Only worry I would have is Rice adjusting to being an 8 for a team who always have possession. He’s played for Moyes and Southgate, whole lot of defending and counterattacking.
Below is what I think it’ll be. Will love that if the transfers happen a part of me wonder if pep will pull out that 3-3-3-1 with the ball that he experimented with at Bayern pulled out yearsss ago set us up like that once in his first season ifrc. I think it could work with this current team as the go to plan and not just a one off thing.

With the ball
Gvardiol Dias Akanji
Stones Rodri rice
Foden KDB Grealish

I wanna see that

I think the ultimate version of Rice is Kante maybe even his idol Yaya if he can become a goal threat, whether he can reach that is up to him and whoever his coach will be. He’s got the frame and the tools to be that kinda box to box midfielder but that’s lofty expectations. Will for sure take an adjustment period with us or Arsenal tbh similar to Grealish. It’s different doing it in teams set up for the counter and you got tons of space to run into. He also gonna need to learn how to use his left foot more for me. He’s a bit too one footed for my liking in a midfielder, I can’t think of a single world class midfielder that won’t use their weak foot in the flow of a game when they need to.

€500M Transfer fee if it was today.

Most impactful transfer in modern footy history. And highest profile. More than delivered on the hype. And the price tag multiple times over. Changed the history of the club and his legacy lasts to this day with a new generation of footballers dreaming to play here. He’s The galactico. And you have to respect a 24-year old leaving a winning situation to be in the spotlight in a club that was not winning. He knew very well the challenge he was getting himself into, welcomed it, and shattered all expectations. Not just an all-time great player, but also leader with winning mentality that reinvigorated the club to reach new heights.

Most impactful transfer in modern footy history. And highest profile. More than delivered on the hype. And the price tag multiple times over. Changed the history of the club and his legacy lasts to this day with a new generation of footballers dreaming to play here. He’s The galactico. And you have to respect a 24-year old leaving a winning situation to be in the spotlight in a club that was not winning. He knew very well the challenge he was getting himself into, welcomed it, and shattered all expectations. Not just an all-time great player, but also leader with winning mentality that reinvigorated the club to reach new heights.
Only won two la ligas. CL masks that fact

Yea it was a huge challenge.

That United team was soooo good., way better than RM were. I didn’t understand the move during the time.

To take a project on elsewhere took some balls. Especially when Barça were running things.

Below is what I think it’ll be. Will love that if the transfers happen a part of me wonder if pep will pull out that 3-3-3-1 with the ball that he experimented with at Bayern pulled out yearsss ago set us up like that once in his first season ifrc. I think it could work with this current team as the go to plan and not just a one off thing.

With the ball
Gvardiol Dias Akanji
Stones Rodri rice
Foden KDB Grealish

I wanna see that

I think the ultimate version of Rice is Kante maybe even his idol Yaya if he can become a goal threat, whether he can reach that is up to him and whoever his coach will be. He’s got the frame and the tools to be that kinda box to box midfielder but that’s lofty expectations. Will for sure take an adjustment period with us or Arsenal tbh similar to Grealish. It’s different doing it in teams set up for the counter and you got tons of space to run into. He also gonna need to learn how to use his left foot more for me. He’s a bit too one footed for my liking in a midfielder, I can’t think of a single world class midfielder that won’t use their weak foot in the flow of a game when they need to.
Would be peak Pep if he started tinkering with formations after winning the treble :lol:

He’s got good technique on his long shot, so maybe more goals come later on. The footedness is true, he’s not super confident in his own half on the ball, plays it safe. For his development I hope he gets a move this summer.

Only won two la ligas. CL masks that fact

This is true. Because he won the CL an unprecedented 3 times in a row in the modern game. And 4 times in 5 years. While being the best player in the team and the toughest competition in a time where it was stacked.

Most goals in the comps history, most assists, and the best to ever do it in the CL.

20E0D724-89AA-4AC4-A349-E6C3170B4D49.jpeg

Good luck at Spurs James.

Made for each other. Weak.

Back
Top Bottom