OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player movements feel stiff and slow. They've definitely nerfed dribbling. Some formations are broken and or/useless. Defenders with low pace and agility are able to catch up to pacey players etc.

Not to mention a well timed Power shot is impossible to stop from certain players.

Good looks on all the well wishes everyone, really do appreciate it :nthat:

Been a wild couple of weeks because I was supposed to move tomorrow too :lol:

Yea they've got me in Villepinte rn since it was the closest hospital to CDG, mad respect fam 🙏🏾
Get well soon man. How is the hospital like in France?

Respect

Been kind of a blessing in disguise though, had no idea I had an embolism until now so might've been life saving in the end catching it while traveling instead of going unnoticed back home.

Man, that’s scary to hear, but glad you’re getting treated. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Get well soon man. How is the hospital like in France?
What they lack in stuff like amenities for patients and maybe resources that we get back home, been told there's good reasons why though :lol:, they definitely make up in the medical care.

Been getting really good care and they haven't wasted much time when it comes to getting tests done, making treatment plans and communicating/clarifying everything really clearly and easily. Gonna be getting transferred to a more specialized center closer to the city next week though since I've been staying at the ICU here but I haven't had any complaints care wise so far.

The other stuff gets made up by the fact that I have family who've lived here for a long time also looking out for whatever I need since I got here.

Was a scary situation at first but I don't think it could've happened in a better place for me because of my familiarity with the area and the language.

It's been pretty wild though hearing and seeing whats going on in the city and country as a whole this week but I haven't been exposed directly to it much yet since I haven't been out since getting here outside of hearing sirens often and the curfew. Real crazy times right now

What they lack in stuff like amenities for patients and maybe resources that we get back home, been told there's good reasons why though :lol:, they definitely make up in the medical care.

Been getting really good care and they haven't wasted much time when it comes to getting tests done, making treatment plans and communicating/clarifying everything really clearly and easily. Gonna be getting transferred to a more specialized center closer to the city next week though since I've been staying at the ICU here but I haven't had any complaints care wise so far.

The other stuff gets made up by the fact that I have family who've lived here for a long time also looking out for whatever I need since I got here.

Was a scary situation at first but I don't think it could've happened in a better place for me because of my familiarity with the area and the language.

It's been pretty wild though hearing and seeing whats going on in the city and country as a whole this week but I haven't been exposed directly to it much yet since I haven't been out since getting here outside of hearing sirens often and the curfew. Real crazy times right now

Glad to hear it hasn't been bad.
When you get back on your feet, wouldn't mind a scouting report on the Nurses. :nerd:

To add a little football to the comment, Unsure I agree with the offside rule change. Dont agree with a foot, arm or shoelace ahead meaning off side but that photo is a little too drastic of a change in terms of defending.

having this implemented only in certain leagues would create a conflict of interest as i see this allowing a lot more goals

could def affect some awards and accolades
Add to the fact it’s gonna create confusion for the teams playing in European tournaments. One side at the weekend. Off side during the week.

Good to hear man. Being in healthcare and working in the ICU, I’m always very curious about hospitals and medical care in other countries. Especially since a lot of our healthcare gets lost in the bs like, insurance , politics, the business aspect being put first. Sounds like they are efficient over there. Keeping you in the loop is important, that doesn’t always happen unfortunately. Lack of amenities, so there’s no therapeutic dogs? :lol:

Inter and Milan with good buys. I think they could do well in Italy. Not sure that Sanches would flourish under Jose.

Huge if true

Even as someone who hates when a shoulder cap offside ruins a goal, this feels like too big of an advantage to attackers. I imagine someone pacey like Mbappe would benefit much more from this too than your average 9.

My idea I’ve mentioned before was to use that World Cup tech, and to make the rule that if the part of the body that first contacts the ball is onside then you’re good. It feels like an in between sweet spot compromise for how things currently are vs this proposition.

I just feel like it should be based off your shoulder, knee, or foot.. whichever is furthest

They need to addd something for corners. Teams get given incorrect corners regularly still
That will be difficult to do. They might have to put censors on players which the ball detects. And then that requires electronics within the ball itself which can affect the way it bounces etc.

Huge if true

I think i am ok with this :lol:

I would get so frustrated with the....your toe is off side but you didn't gain any advantage but some how it was no goal...because your toe was offside. I think this will turn into the same thing at some point but it should allow for more goals which i think is good for the sport as a whole. But i can imagine a person being 99% offside but the defenders arm was swinging backward and was in line with the attackers back heal....and he is on side. Which in turn could be a whole step. Which would be gaining an advantage.

I am always a fan of if its too close to call...let the offensive have the advantage. I think this leans into that motif

Hakim Ziyech failed his medical with Al-Nassr……I feel bad for him at this point. Failed moves to both PSG and Saudi Arabia within the last 6 months

Back
Top Bottom