OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1689623046324.png

That’s a nice kit. Their new home kit is trash tho

There's maybe 10 world class players in the league as a whole :lol:

That discussion showed me how folks have morphed very good = world class nowadays.

World class is meant to mean literally the best or among the very best in the world at their position, they definitely don't have 7 of those :lol:
Not close to 7. Saka, Ode and Saliba are all i can count. Martinelli is on the cusp if he can take the leap in his 1-on-1 play.

Now, 7 "top level" players? For sure.

I think Saka and Odegard are on the cusp but can’t say world class yet for me. Great players no doubt but when I think world class I think how many years a player they have maintained a certain level too. They both hit that next level this season that was better than their previous which were good but not as good as this. If they can sustain what they did this season and I think they will for another or two absolutely world class.

Last edited:
Playing time, I don't think Tuchel rates him much and already is planning on starting Lamier in his place. He has not been great in recent years tbh. I'll wait for vtotheinay vtotheinay to give the full assessment though.

yeah tuchel doesn't **** with goretzka at all. he's the first coach to tell the board we can't go on with the kimmich/goretzka pivot and need a true DM behind kimmich. i don't think he's bad, his playstyle just doesn't fit what we need at all right now since he isn't good in possession, progressive passing or defending. I think he'd be perfect at arsenal to play the LCM role and be a big attacking threat in the box. he's good at pressing and getting in the box to score, but he can't play as a pivot.

this is from the first training session of the season a couple days ago

I think Saka and Odegard are on the cusp but can’t say world class yet for me. Great players no doubt but when I think world class I think how many years a player they have maintained a certain level too. They both hit that next level this season that was better than their previous which were good but not as good as this. If they can sustain what they did this season and I think they will for another or two absolutely world class.
Imma need little fella to get me 30 and 20 in a season before I can call him world class

IMG_1214.png

But nah Saka probably is the only one from Arsenal I would put there currently.

When deciding if I think a player is world class, I always ask can the player walk into most clubs and be a guaranteed starter as my starting point. There’s maybe 2-3 teams at most in the world where he isn’t the clear cut favorite to be starting as a right sided forward.

Back
Top Bottom