OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Out: Ox, Milner, & Kieta
Pending: Henderson & Fabinho

Incomings: Mac10 & Szobozlai.

We're short two more Mids and a defender still FSG. Hurry tf up! Kick off is 4 weeks from now.

Saka isn't world class

saka is not world class

Edit: LaLiga EA Sports boys don’t rate an English player?
IMG_1216.gif

Care to show your work on why he isn’t?
There's only one world class RW in the world and that's Salah.

He hasn't played in the CL, you can't be world class with no cl resume.

He doesn't have overwhelming numbers.

He's in the group with Rodrygo, Gnabry, Mahrez n em.

It's not like he's trash, he just ain't there yet.

There's only one world class RW in the world and that's Salah.

He hasn't played in the CL, you can't be world class with no cl resume.

He doesn't have overwhelming numbers.

He's in the group with Rodrygo, Gnabry, Mahrez n em.

I can roll with the CL resume as a reason, but if I’m one of the 5 best in the world at what I do I’m world class, just can’t see no way around that. I rate him higher than the others and the overwhelming numbers isn’t everything for me. Saying that, 25 G+A are very good numbers for a winger.

If Saka performs well again this season that’s 3 straight years at a high level in the #1 domestic league in Europe. Idk man. Would be interested to see who everyone classifies as world class currently.

If Saka performs well again this season that’s 3 straight years at a high level in the #1 domestic league in Europe. Idk man. Would be interested to see who everyone classifies as world class currently.

in all comps
15g 11 a 22-23
12g 7a 21-22

theyre nice numbers, but that doesn't make him world class in my eyes

in comparison, salah
30g 16a 22-23
31g 16a 21-22
31g 6a 20-21
23g 13a 19-20

vinicius
23g 21a 22-23
22g 20a 21-22

mahrez
15g 13a 22-23
24g 9a 21-22
14g 9a 20-21

gnabry
17g 12a 22-23
17g 9a 21-22
11g 7a 20-21
23g 14a 19-20

someone mentioned it earlier, but saka falls more in line with the next tier below world class with guys like gnabry and mahrez vs salah/vinicius (i know he's an LW but using the numbers to show the difference since theyre both wingers) currently. still a really good player, but world class is another level up imo

in all comps
15g 11 a 22-23
12g 7a 21-22

theyre nice numbers, but that doesn't make him world class in my eyes

in comparison, salah
30g 16a 22-23
31g 16a 21-22
31g 6a 20-21
23g 13a 19-20

vinicius
23g 21a 22-23
22g 20a 21-22

mahrez
15g 13a 22-23
24g 9a 21-22
14g 9a 20-21

gnabry
17g 12a 22-23
17g 9a 21-22
11g 7a 20-21
23g 14a 19-20

someone mentioned it earlier, but saka falls more in line with the next tier below world class with guys like gnabry and mahrez vs salah/vinicius (i know he's an LW but using the numbers to show the difference since theyre both wingers) currently. still a really good player, but world class is another level up imo

Fair take, only thing I would say is that this penalizes Saka for being younger and not playing for Liverpool, Madrid or Bayern. Clubs who have been near the top of their table for the duration those players have been there. Their numbers are going to be better playing in established, better sides. If Arsenal are able to maintain or go up a level and Saka’s numbers don’t go up then fair enough, I guess. But this is why I said goals and assists aren’t everything for me, they for sure play a part but not the only thing I would look at when having this discussion.

I think he’s world class, but can get people wanting to see another year or two. I will say RW being dead right now plays a part in how I feel. There just isn’t a lot of great players in that position currently, he’s one of the few.

Saka is not world class. He missed that crucial penalty towards the end of the season that cost them 3 points

Are these players world class:

Antione Griezmann
Jude Bellingham
Victor Osimhen

vtotheinay vtotheinay Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles

griezmann is a tier below for me. great player though
jude is on his way, but he needs to do it over a longer period still.
osimhen has only 1 big season under his belt, so no I wouldn't say he is either

world class players to me are guys like lewandowski, benz (obviously not now since his career is basically over but the level he was on prior to now), haaland, kdb. just throwing a few names out there to give the general idea. everyone's got their own criteria or opinions though and it doesnt bother me. its just my personal way of thinking

Griez was definitely world class for a few seasons up until a few years ago. He only just got back to his top level last season but I wouldn't call him world class anymore though.

Jude is getting there but he's still too young for me to say that he is just yet. Having a great season or 2 at Real now and I won't have a problem calling him world class.

Osimhen is great but he was plagued by injuries before he really broke through and went up a few levels last season. If he can keep up and string another season or 2 like the last then he'd definitely be considered world class.

Back
Top Bottom