OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A statement on IG from Inter Milan group the Curva Nord

F1UPOVyWYAEzZAI

:emoji_astonished:

In the premier league
Haaland
Salah
KDB
Kane
Rodri
I would still put VVD there personally
I wouldn’t argue against anyone saying Casemiro

Rest of the world
Mbappe
Vini
Lewandowski
Kimmich
Leao
I’m still putting neymar there
Still putting modric there
I wouldn’t argue against Militao

I’m removing anyone not playing in a top 5 league anymore.

EDIT: forgot keepers Cortouis and Alison
One of them names is not like the others. For me, if Leao is world class then Saka is too. They’ve put up similar numbers for a similar amount of time. Only difference is Saka is doing it in the better league. If you want to call Leao a bigger talent I can roll with that, but if we tiering them on performance they gotta be same tier.

VVD? Cmon famb. Rest is valid.

Was Ronaldo asked a question about the Saudi League or MLS? Or did mans just come out and make a random statement about the MLS being trash?

And sure, Saka is world class. Arbitrary categorization but if i have to field a team of the best players in the world Saka might make my bench.

Due to the scarcity at the position its only Salah and a bunch of guys that are trying to make the jump.
One of them names is not like the others. For me, if Leao is world class then Saka is too. They’ve put up similar numbers for a similar amount of time. Only difference is Saka is doing it in the better league. If you want to call Leao a bigger talent I can roll with that, but if we tiering them on performance they gotta be same tier.

VVD? Cmon famb. Rest is valid.
One suss season from us at Liverpool and VVD isn't world class?
Prime example of how fickle fans can be. At some point last season there was a low light for every one of our players.

Was Ronaldo asked a question about the Saudi League or MLS? Or did mans just come out and make a random statement about the MLS being trash?

And sure, Saka is world class. Arbitrary categorization but if i have to field a team of the best players in the world Saka might make my bench.
Ronaldo was asked about Messi and his move to MLS, and if he would ever go to America himself.

Due to the scarcity at the position its only Salah and a bunch of guys that are trying to make the jump.

One suss season from us at Liverpool and VVD isn't world class?
Prime example of how fickle fans can be. At some point last season there was a low light for every one of our players.

One? What year did he get hurt? He been *** since. Going off of everyone else’s criteria you have to be at the top level consistently, for an extended period of time(seems like 3-4 years plus). He had 2 seasons where he was undoubtedly world class imo. Is that enough? Once you’re deemed world class do you just stay there no matter your current form? Not fickle, just not letting him live off of past glory🤷🏿‍♂️

Saka looked like the best player on the pitch against france till he was subbed out.

He was being hacked left and right and unlike most players on those lists he never get hurt

I think people are mistaken
A player can have a world class game or world class play but for them to actually be world class means those plays come very often.
for example world class:
luka modric
benzema
vinicius
son from spurs
kdb
mbappe

almost at world class but missing the final hump
rodrygo
saka
pogba IMO has been on the brink
dybala

One? What year did he get hurt? He been *** since. Going off of everyone else’s criteria you have to be at the top level consistently, for an extended period of time(seems like 3-4 years plus). He had 2 seasons where he was undoubtedly world class imo. Is that enough? Once you’re deemed world class do you just stay there no matter your current form? Not fickle, just not letting him live off of past glory🤷🏿‍♂️
He ruptured it during the 20/21 season
Then 21/22 season we almost won the quad while collecting the cups.
22/23 the entire team was poor, especially the midfield. So bad we are cleaning out 5 midfielders.

Tell me the world class CB who plays in high a risk reward system like him. Who plays in probably the highest line in Europe and leads the premier league in offside trap capture.
Do they have to defend the miles of space behind them? Or the gap in between them as well? How about having to play in a team that was dispossessed 414 times, 3rd most in the league?

Name me the world class CB who is doing that?

According to the premier league stats he only had 1 error leading to goals, tied for 16th all season.

For those who rarely watch us play. If we don't counter press, you and I can play that pass over the top right now.

I'll wait for you to name me the world class CBs who would've executed exceptionally from above.

A statement on IG from Inter Milan group the Curva Nord

F1UPOVyWYAEzZAI

:emoji_astonished:

Why are Italian ultras so overdramatic? Imagine if they put this much effort and passion into education and work, then Italy wouldn't have such a garbage economy and high unemployment for their age group.

Defended Lukaku with a sword? Sure, just like when this same group told Lukaku that the racist abuse he was facing wasn't actually racist and was just normal banter.

Saka is world class to me just due to a shortage in that right wing at the top level. I know Salah plays on the right wing, but he’s much more of a forward to me vs a traditional winger like Saka

Fofana gonna miss most the season with an ACL :smh: :smh: Poor guy’s body stopping any momentum he builds in his career

Means Colwill is going nowhere if there is a silver lining

Bruno definitely ain't world class or close for me, he scores goals, but as a CM he is not that guy.
Racks up goals and assists which is basically what you look for from your CAM/no.10 :lol:

Also been Portugals best player in international play for the last little while

In terms of playmakers, there's only KDB who I'd put ahead of him right now

Back
Top Bottom