OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
suarez is gonna eat. all he has to do is shoot. messi, busquets, and jordi are gonna serve it on a silver platter.

iniesta should go to miami too. he seems very happy in japan though.

Now i'm not saying the league is the gold standard but we've seen countless players come to the MLS and flounder, especially the older players.

suarez is gonna eat. all he has to do is shoot. messi, busquets, and jordi are gonna serve it on a silver platter.

iniesta should go to miami too. he seems very happy in japan though.
Isn't Iniesta done in Japan? I thought he retired. So he could easily move to Miami.

But he should move to Portland...

Now i'm not saying the league is the gold standard but we've seen countless players come to the MLS and flounder, especially the older players.

In my experience watching MLS the ones that do flounder it’s always cause they don’t take it the league seriously at all in the professional sense and just be BS’ing. The quality is poor astronomically poor compared to the top leagues but it’s still a professional league where you gotta turn up and take your job serious and at least try. Like yea the league sucks but you still gotta try.

Wasn’t even talking to you
IMG_1208.png
@ people then and stop throwing stones and hiding your hand. It still doesn't change the fact that you sounding crazy.

Racks up goals and assists which is basically what you look for from your CAM/no.10 :lol:

Also been Portugals best player in international play for the last little while

In terms of playmakers, there's only KDB who I'd put ahead of him right now
So in short, you think Bruno is world class?

for example world class:
luka modric
benzema
vinicius
son from spurs
kdb
mbappe

almost at world class but missing the final hump
rodrygo
saka
pogba IMO has been on the brink
dybala

IMG_1028.gif

Y’all got it man :lol:

Saka is world class to me just due to a shortage in that right wing at the top level. I know Salah plays on the right wing, but he’s much more of a forward to me vs a traditional winger like Saka
IMG_1041.gif

He ruptured it during the 20/21 season
Then 21/22 season we almost won the quad while collecting the cups.
22/23 the entire team was poor, especially the midfield. So bad we are cleaning out 5 midfielders.

Tell me the world class CB who plays in high a risk reward system like him. Who plays in probably the highest line in Europe and leads the premier league in offside trap capture.
Do they have to defend the miles of space behind them? Or the gap in between them as well? How about having to play in a team that was dispossessed 414 times, 3rd most in the league?

Name me the world class CB who is doing that?

According to the premier league stats he only had 1 error leading to goals, tied for 16th all season.

For those who rarely watch us play. If we don't counter press, you and I can play that pass over the top right now.

I'll wait for you to name me the world class CBs who would've executed exceptionally from above.

The team doing well doesn’t necessarily mean he was playing at a world class level that season and the entire team playing badly last season doesn’t mean you can’t rate his individual performances. Yeah, y’all midfield was *** and he was exposed more often because of it/way y’all play, but that doesn’t excuse him being a passive, ball watcher who has lost a step in pace. If you think no CB in the world could have done better in that role last year then idk.

@ people then

At this rate, during the mid-season hombre is going to be calling Mount goat midfielder. :lol:

IMG_1028.gif

Y’all got it man :lol:

IMG_1041.gif

The team doing well doesn’t necessarily mean he was playing at a world class level that season and the entire team playing badly last season doesn’t mean you can’t rate his individual performances. Yeah, y’all midfield was *** and he was exposed more often because of it/way y’all play, but that doesn’t excuse him being a passive, ball watcher who has lost a step in pace. If you think no CB in the world could have done better in that role last year then idk.

If you want to say he isn't as fast sure, that's a physical trait that declines organically.

But if you're of the belief that any of the world class CBs that I'm still waiting on you to list would've swapped places with him and performed better fair play to you. I don't have time for feelings based opinions anymore.

Toni Kroos is still world class imo. Just has the same weaknesses as Modric at the highest level and shouldn’t be played together at it.

Don’t blame people for not including him though. But let’s see if next season with athletes like Bellingham and Camavinga moved back into midfield his strengths are allowed to shine again.

Also Courtois.

Back
Top Bottom