OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
honestly i would be open to the sale of dembele not the 50m release clause though.
even though i’ve been his biggest supporter, the talent he’s shown has been overshadowed by his inconsistency. hasn’t had one full strong szn at barca.

but if i had to choose, i’d still keep him. something tells me him moving for a good amount would be the best option for the club. torn really

honestly i would be open to the sale of dembele not the 50m release clause though.
even though i’ve been his biggest supporter, the talent he’s shown has been overshadowed by his inconsistency. hasn’t had one full strong szn at barca.

but if i had to choose, i’d still keep him. something tells me him moving for a good amount would be the best option for the club. torn really
You probably gave him too favorable of a deal, he & Sissoko gets half of the RC

We outchea
IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

IMG_2644.jpeg

damn he agreed to go. can't really be mad at it though. 25m in his pocket plus increased wages and a long term deal in his home country

Sheesh. Both of Barca’s 100m+ transfers didn’t really pan out the way they should have

Wonder if having his boy joining changes anything in regards to the Mbappe saga

Awesome pics with the fam Beans Beans :pimp:, hope they can put on a good show for you guys

Ronaldo to Juventus was a success.
He put up numbers and won trophies but they primarily bought him to get over the hump in the CL, which they said when they signed him, but it never happened.

Don't think that's down to him specifically but the amount they were spending on him did hurt their ability to fill out their main needs (midfield and defense) during those seasons.

The end of their Bayern like run of dominance in Serie A also coincided with his time there.

Even Neymar has been relatively successful in Paris but he was supposed to contend for B'Dors and take P$G a level up to the big boys table which they haven't really gotten to yet.

Only ones who really accomplished what was expected of them when they were bought and even surpass expectations so far have been Bale and Mbappe.

Speaking of Mbappe

Gonna be an interesting next week or so for that saga, gonna find out whether Real really make their move or he ends up sticking it out one more year to P$G's disapproval :lol:

If we’re getting Mbappe i’m pretty sure they want him to collect his $80M loyalty bonus paid out on 8/1.

But then again, no one really knows wtf is going on.

He put up numbers and won trophies but they primarily bought him to get over the hump in the CL, which they said when they signed him, but it never happened.

Don't think that's down to him specifically but the amount they were spending on him did hurt their ability to fill out their main needs (midfield and defense) during those seasons.

The end of their Bayern like run of dominance in Serie A also coincided with his time there.

Even Neymar has been relatively successful in Paris but he was supposed to contend for B'Dors and take P$G a level up to the big boys table which they haven't really gotten to yet.

Only ones who really accomplished what was expected of them when they were bought and even surpass expectations so far have been Bale and Mbappe.
They won trophies while he was there. Them not winning champions league isn't a direct correlation to him. They didn't win it in years prior to him arriving. They thought Ronaldo alone would carry them over the hump while gutting the rest of the squad. They fell off the face of a cliff once he left. He was single handedly keeping them competitive.

no it wasn’t. can’t be serious.
They won trophies while he was there. Including two domestic titles. If that isn't success then I don't know what is.

The problem with the 100 million players is that a lot of them have been complete busts, I wouldn't put Ronaldo's move to Juve anywhere near that category, he was highly productive and they won trophies and titles.

There's also no longer a superstar criteria attached to the 100 million euro player. The market has changed it's just going rate for top young players. But still how Antony went for a 100 million is crazy, I **** on the move a lot, deservedly so.

The problem with the 100 million players is that a lot of them have been complete busts, I wouldn't put Ronaldo's move to Juve anywhere near that category, he was highly productive and they won trophies and titles.

There's also no longer a superstar criteria attached to the 100 million euro player. The market has changed it's just going rate for top young players. But still how Antony went for a 100 million is crazy, I **** on the move a lot, deservedly so.
He didn't go for 100m :lol:, was definitely an overpay and could've gotten him for much cheaper earlier in the window but that's the price of wasting time and leaving the selling club in a bad spot.

He still went for less than Mudryk though...

They won trophies while he was there. Them not winning champions league isn't a direct correlation to him. They didn't win it in years prior to him arriving. They thought Ronaldo alone would carry them over the hump while gutting the rest of the squad. They fell off the face of a cliff once he left. He was single handedly keeping them competitive.
They definitely thought he was the missing piece when they signed him coming off the 3peat but yea they were a flawed team already. They crashed out surprisingly early though a few times though with him and the decline happened with him in the team.

Individually he wasn't anywhere near a failure but they didn't end up getting what they hoped to achieve with him. They pretty much stayed at the level they had been for years before falling off

onana’s distribution is sick, I hate how good he’s gonna be for United
Man's like a regista at goalie

The way he was going in on Maguire and McTom for turning the ball over in a dangerous spot too is something that's been missing too :lol:

Can't wait to see ETH's full XI after this summer, getting a target man in at no.9 and being able to play a high line at back unlike at Inter is gonna get the most out of Onana's abilities.

Back
Top Bottom