OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arsenal need a RW? 👀

Idk why I’m lying to myself that if RM unload him they’ll make a splash in the market for a Nkunku type

How much time does he have left on his current deal? I also doubt they would make a move now regardless if he's offloaded or not. Florentino appears to be much more composed and reserved in terms of transfer in recent years. Not spend happy anymore. If y'all don't land the exact target that you want, he just moves on.

Would be real interested to see Asensio in the Prem

Rated him highly when he broke through first years ago but his career stalled for a bit.

He bounced back last year so I kind of feel he could be an asset to a Prem club for a good fee too

Would be real interested to see Asensio in the Prem

Rated him highly when he broke through first years ago but his career stalled for a bit.

He bounced back last year so I kind of feel he could be an asset to a Prem club for a good fee too
Pool tried to sign him way back, but Real rejected the offer.

One year. He’s kind of deadweight at RM so I’d love if the club could get something for him. I could see him doing decently in the Prem too rolaholic rolaholic
I'd take him at Pool to play in the midfield but I don't know if he would be able to fulfill the defensive responsibilities required.

I'd take him at Pool to play in the midfield but I don't know if he would be able to fulfill the defensive responsibilities required.

Even though his one great match last season where he had a hatty came from midfield, I don’t think he can thrive there. Lacks the intensity or defensive abilities, and his offense from there isn’t good enough to make up for it. He often fades instead of getting on the ball, and therefore can’t dictate tempo. And he’s not really agile or great of a play maker (aside from being a great crosser) as one might think. It seems like nobody these days knows the role to get the best out his jack of all trades master of none skillset. I can see him being a good rotational RW that starts when he’s in form and is used as a sub when he isn’t.

He’s historically been his most impactful as a sub running at tired legs.

Even though his one great match last season where he had a hatty came from midfield, I don’t think he can thrive there. Lacks the intensity or defensive abilities, and his offense from there isn’t good enough to make up for it. He often fades instead of getting on the ball, and therefore can’t dictate tempo. And he’s not really agile or great of a player making (aside from being a great crosser) as one might think. It seems like nobody these days knows the role to get the best out his jack of all trades master of none skillset. I can see him being a good rotational RW that starts when he’s in form and is used as a sub when he isn’t.
Then he is not a fit for Pool unless we start game managing "Salah" who is durable. He is better off going to Italy and finding a club similar to Deulofeu.

FbXOh-HXkAACBsT

oof-disappointed.gif

Does Ronaldo have the strongest fan base in all of sports?

This man came in to a team that finished 2nd the year before he returned and finished top 4 three out of the previous four years. He joins, becomes the focal point of the team, and the team then proceeds to drop to 6th and score their fewest amount of goals in the league in six seasons and everyone blames everyone but him. Everyone involved let him down, he don’t deserve to go out like this. **** is crazy to me now that I’m on the other side of it :lol:

My issue with Asensio is he plays with zero intensity, he was mostly kept out of the biggest matches and when he actually played he was nowhere to be found, and was liability.

He has great shooting ability but hasn't expanded his game outside of that. Maybe another coach can get something different out of him.

Renan Lodi from Atleti to Nottingham forest makes no sense to me

This is part of why I was thinking that at some point something will have to give if it hasn’t yet and there’ll be an inevitable noticeable difference with the EPL and La Liga. The spending difference between the 2 leagues has seemed insane this summer.

Back
Top Bottom