OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lmaoo @ you blaming Ronaldo for Uniteds decade of mediocrity. The man just returned last year
You really read all that to come out with that conclusion from my post?Not sure how we're supposed to have any decent conversations if the reading is this selective man :lol:

Didn't blame last season on him, was happy to have him back for a return season and his goals were probably the best part of the season but it wasn't a coincidence the squad dropped off 4 league places and scored 16 less goals.

Just been a pattern at his latest stops though as he's gotten older where his teams score less overall and players around him have terrible individual seasons since they sacrifice their games a lot because the system needs to be built around him.

Was plenty of occasions last season where players would pass up better passing or scoring options to spam the ball to him in worse positions because they know that he'd show them up if they didn't.

He still gets his goals because thats what he's best at but it comes at the expense of team performance nowadays. If that wasn't the case then he would've had a queue of big clubs fighting for his sig the minute Mendes went public with his demands. Would've been snapped up with a quickness the last 2 seasons instead of on deadline day and likely into the new season this summer.

Most clubs are moving off attacks centered around traditional target men towards more mobile and versatile front lines with players who can interchange. The old way still works if you've got legit world class goal scorers like a Lewa or Benz but that's a rarity and they've evolved their games to where they can actually press consistently and don't mind setting others up (in Benz's case he was always like this) with their great vision.

Younger Ron would've been able to as well but it's a lot to ask of him now going on 38.

Neymar Shocked GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You really read all that to come out with that conclusion from my post?Not sure how we're supposed to have any decent conversations if the reading is this selective man :lol:

Didn't blame last season on him, was happy to have him back for a return season and his goals were probably the best part of the season but it wasn't a coincidence the squad dropped off 4 league places and scored 16 less goals.

Just been a pattern at his latest stops though as he's gotten older where his teams score less overall and players around him have terrible individual seasons since they sacrifice their games a lot because the system needs to be built around him.

Was plenty of occasions last season where players would pass up better passing or scoring options to spam the ball to him in worse positions because they know that he'd show them up if they didn't.

He still gets his goals because thats what he's best at but it comes at the expense of team performance nowadays. If that wasn't the case then he would've had a queue of big clubs fighting for his sig the minute Mendes went public with his demands. Would've been snapped up with a quickness the last 2 seasons instead of on deadline day and likely into the new season this summer.

Most clubs are moving off attacks centered around traditional target men towards more mobile and versatile front lines with players who can interchange. The old way still works if you've got legit world class goal scorers like a Lewa or Benz but that's a rarity and they've evolved their games to where they can actually press consistently and don't mind setting others up (in Benz's case he was always like this) with their great vision.

Younger Ron would've been able to as well but it's a lot to ask of him now going on 38.
I skimmed it cause I didn't really feel like reading your dissertations.

Explains a lot :lol:, fair enough.

All good, gonna keep it pure bantz with you instead of actual discussions next time
When mans at work and waiting for the last hour to go by, we need laughter. I will read your post later and either agree or disagree with you.

All this banter but…

Have you guys seen what has been happening with Thomas Partey today?

Yikes.

Thomas Partey
Yeah, I peeped. I tried to read the text convo, but she kept swiping all over the place. It appears they had a sexual relationship. She wanted to be his girl and he just wanted the cheeks. He was trying to get her to do an act. She said it hurt. Then he wanted her to do some other act. She said no cause she was drunk and would throw up. Then he still tried to perform said act. However, from what I've seen(she was moving the text all over the place) it appears that she wasn't that mad about the situation and moreso mad that he didn't want anything else from her but cheeks. Cause she was complaining about other girls, and him just wanting sex and nothing to do with her outside of that. Not excusing him from the scumbag behavior, but her intentions in the text seem different from what she's stating publicly. Cause she was still asking him for stuff in the text and pleading for a relationship.

Last edited:
Yeah, I peeped. I tried to read the text convo, but she kept swiping all over the place. It appears they had a sexual relationship. She wanted to be his girl and he just wanted the cheeks. He was trying to get her to do an act. She said it hurt. Then he wanted her to do some other act. She said no cause she was drunk and would throw up. Then he still tried to perform said act. However, from what I've seen(she was moving the text all over the place) it appears that she wasn't that mad about the situation and moreso mad that he didn't want anything else from her but cheeks. Cause she was complaining about other girls, and him just wanting sex and nothing to do with her outside of that. Not excusing him from the scumbag behavior, but her intentions in the text seem different from what she's stating publicly. Cause she was still asking him for stuff in the text and pleading for a relationship.

Women with a broken heart scare me.

Fanboy. I just root for all Portuguese players (except maybe Jota). That’s been pretty clear since I stepped foot in this arena :lol:

Go worry about kidnapping Frenkie who doesn’t even want to be there. Or your new dwarf CB. Or maybe signing a player outside of Holland? (who don’t even produce talent like that anymore)

I swear these United fans get so gassed with hope during every transfer market that they start talking crazy.

You have SO MANY more things to worry about than Ronaldo.
Who’s gassed about this window/summer? I swear on my mothers eyes you just make **** up now. As much as you post about United you got a lot of nerve bringing up what others fixate on or mention on here

And I got them above ManU minimum.

Just realised… Lewa, Obama, dembele… Cavi tryna recreate a prime Dortmund

This is the perfect year for Spurs/Arsenal to kick Chelsea out of the top 4. We literally can’t score, and the guy we bought to fix that is on another team

This is the perfect year for Spurs/Arsenal to kick Chelsea out of the top 4. We literally can’t score, and the guy we bought to fix that is on another team
But Tuchel tho. Idk, if Arsenal fixes their own scoring issues (not confident yet) then we might slip into 3rd.

But Son isn't having another (robbed of) Player of the Year season to carry Spurs into the top 4.

Back
Top Bottom