OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

post-63393-Cersei-screams-internally-gif-lChi.gif

yeah but comparing the oath of the NW and the KG is different. A king (or queen) can pardon a KG and relieve you of your duties and release you from your vows (like Ser Barristan). For the NW, if you desert, you die (1st eps.), or if you die, your watch has ended. No other man of the night's watch had a second chance at life :lol: . So technically, yeah Jon's watch was ended for real. 

What I also find funny is that Sam and the Citadel still think Jon is the LC of the NW 
Technically so has Benjen.

lannister troops not gonna follow tyrion.

Hope someone kills those douche sand snakes. Jaime and Bronn need to cut them into pieces.

lannister troops not gonna follow tyrion.

IDK about that. I always got the impression that people serve the Lannisters because they get paid to. Nobody really likes them. If Tyrion could pay the soldiers, they'd fight for him.

2 things grinding my gears...

1) people saying this show needs to be wrapped up. why? i would love it if this show ran for 30 years like a soap opera if they could keep the plot interesting and the production value high. this story doesn't need to end and i think everyone's setting themselves up for disappointment thinking we'll get a clean finish. either it's going to be left too open and we'll all complain that there's no closure, or it's going to be too clean, which just doesn't fit the way GoT works. the only thing i could see being resolved is the white walkers, but the power struggles will always be there.

2) people taking every chance they have to disparage ned or other starks. we get it. you're tough. ned's stupid. move on.

just needed to vent. carry on.

Ned only did really 2 stupid things in my eyes:

Warn Cersei and Trust Littlefinger. He told him not to trust him.

The opening credits is sam telling little sam the story of the rise and a fall of winterfell.

He is the meister

Casterly Rock was supposed to go to Tyrion when Jaime was Kingsguard. Tywin made sure that wasn't going to happen and I'm pretty sure Tyrion doesn't want it or at least doesn't want it yet (he might want to reclaim Casterly Rock if Cersei becomes Queen). I know Kevan went to Casterly Rock for a time, I assume he must have been running things there. I don't know who he left in his place when he came back to King's Landing. I don't know if Cersei might try to reinstate Jaime into the Kingsguard or maybe she wants him to go to Casterly Rock and make sure that the Lannisters are still making money. Either way, they're in for a ****storm now that they have so many enemies. I'm also curious who the Tarly's are going to side with. They're bannermen to the Tyrells but I don't know how Randyll would feel about following Olenna. She's presumably the defacto Tyrell leader now.
The Tarly's fought on the side of the Mad King in Robert's Rebellion so they may just side with Danny

They're bannerman to House Tyrell so idk why the Tarly's wouldn't follow suit.

And Tyrion certainly wants Casterly Rock, that's one of the reasons him and Tywin had beef.

edit:

^^^ The firebombing of the trial and Cersei's crowning may have been the best scored sequence of GOT ever, IMO. Perfect match of music and imagery.

The score for all of WoW was great. But that scene was particularly good.

This was perfect. Cersei said probably 5 words the whole time. Just all facial expression. Great acting, those parts.

Last edited:
 Originally Posted by MasagiPatron  

Casterly Rock was supposed to go to Tyrion when Jaime was Kingsguard. Tywin made sure that wasn't going to happen and I'm pretty sure Tyrion doesn't want it or at least doesn't want it yet (he might want to reclaim Casterly Rock if Cersei becomes Queen). I know Kevan went to Casterly Rock for a time, I assume he must have been running things there. I don't know who he left in his place when he came back to King's Landing. I don't know if Cersei might try to reinstate Jaime into the Kingsguard or maybe she wants him to go to Casterly Rock and make sure that the Lannisters are still making money. Either way, they're in for a ****storm now that they have so many enemies. I'm also curious who the Tarly's are going to side with. They're bannermen t

The Tarly's fought on the side of the Mad King in Robert's Rebellion so they may just side with Danny
The Tarly's are Tyrell banner men so I'm 99% sure Randyll will fight for Danny.

yeah but comparing the oath of the NW and the KG is different. A king (or queen) can pardon a KG and relieve you of your duties and release you from your vows (like Ser Barristan). For the NW, if you desert, you die (1st eps.), or if you die, your watch has ended. No other man of the night's watch had a second chance at life :lol: . So technically, yeah Jon's watch was ended for real. 

What I also find funny is that Sam and the Citadel still think Jon is the LC of the NW 

Remember Stannis offered to use his authority as King to renounce Jon's NW oath before they both died, and he wasn't even King.

Sometimes yall take these oaths to seriously, they're literally just words. :lol:

Money, power and influence > an oath

Wasn't nobody in the North gonna step to Jon or question him about leaving the NW regardless of whether or not they knew he'd been murdered.

Last edited:
lol whats the point of an oath if it's easily broken. 

Stannis said all that to get Jon to get him to join, making rules that he's in no position to give and possibly might not even make it happen even if had the power to. I thought not even the crown can do anything to the Men of the Night's Watch. Isn't that why they were sending Gendry there, it's because he would be NW and the king can't get to him or remove him. 

Last edited:
IMO I don't think Jon or Dany will clash, Dany wants to rule the 7 Kingdoms and defeat the Lannisters, Jon only wants Winterfell and the WW, and Lannisters dying is a bonus. Their paths don't really cross

Back
Top Bottom