OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tyrion being named Hand was unexpectedly emotional..

Jon's true parents being confirmed finally.

Lyanna Mormont's speech and The King in the North.. it topped Robb's moment and that was one of my favorite scenes in the show.

This episode delivered on so many levels. Not only gave us shocking and awesome moments, but wrapped up damn near every storyline or at least gave us a solid conclusion for a moment. Except for Lord Grayscale..

The only thing that would have set it over the top was a shot of the White Walkers approaching the wall or something. I've been catching up on all the replies, only like 900 more to go.

What a great season finale man.

Cersei bae looking like a sith queen X________X

Gonna be reward hung the entire series now.

^^^ The firebombing of the trial and Cersei's crowning may have been the best scored sequence of GOT ever, IMO. Perfect match of music and imagery.

The score for all of WoW was great. But that scene was particularly good.

^^^ The firebombing of the trial and Cersei's crowning may have been the best scored sequence of GOT ever, IMO. Perfect match of music and imagery.

The score for all of WoW was great. But that scene was particularly good.
The music at the beginning reminded me of the music in a game called Child of Light.

As far as Jamie and the Kingsgaurd it sounds like when he is 
 Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc  

Yeah but he was dismissed, doesnt that end your vow?

Thats what Tywin said

Any how, should Jaime attempt to take control, who would the western people follow?

The son of Tywin or this is crazy b cersei

I'm not sure if the vow is still in place after his dismissal. I don't think GRRM ever addressed it in the books.

I bet Cersei makes him Lord of CR anyway. The King/Queen can basically do whatever the **** they want
It sounds like a dismissal does end your vow.

Edit: Actually I just watched the clip where Ser Barristan (RIP) is dismissed and he says the vows are forever, so I have no clue what the rule is.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno why he would still have the restrictions if he's not part of the kingsguard anymore.

Jon's not part of The Watch anymore and is holding the title of King now.

Ya you can't get dismissed from the NW, and judging by Barristan's reaction the KG can't be either. However the way Jamie and Tywin were talking about it made it seem like it's a normal thing. Could be a plot hole or something. 

My point was he's no longer part of it. He wasn't dismissed, he died. Getting murdered was kind of a dismissal from life. He's not part of it anymore so he can do what he wants. Funny that Northerners who didn't know he died didn't even question him not being at The Wall and if he deserted.

Last edited:
yeah but comparing the oath of the NW and the KG is different. A king (or queen) can pardon a KG and relieve you of your duties and release you from your vows (like Ser Barristan). For the NW, if you desert, you die (1st eps.), or if you die, your watch has ended. No other man of the night's watch had a second chance at life 
laugh.gif
. So technically, yeah Jon's watch was ended for real. 

What I also find funny is that Sam and the Citadel still think Jon is the LC of the NW 

He found the loophole. If i'm no longer part of an organization, no way in hell you can still force your restrictions and rules on me.

yeah but comparing the oath of the NW and the KG is different. A king (or queen) can pardon a KG and relieve you of your duties and release you from your vows (like Ser Barristan). For the NW, if you desert, you die (1st eps.), or if you die, your watch has ended. No other man of the night's watch had a second chance at life 
laugh.gif
. So technically, yeah Jon's watch was ended for real. 

What I also find funny is that Sam and the Citadel still think Jon is the LC of the NW 
I may have missed something, but did Jon ever get questioned about why he stepped away from the NW's when he was trying to recruit families? Did he ever tell them "Yeah, I died and came back...So, my watch ended." I would have loved to see Lady Mormont's face at that moment
laugh.gif

I mean, otherwise, the families he was trying to recruit should have executed him based on being a deserter.  

yeah but comparing the oath of the NW and the KG is different. A king (or queen) can pardon a KG and relieve you of your duties and release you from your vows (like Ser Barristan). For the NW, if you desert, you die (1st eps.), or if you die, your watch has ended. No other man of the night's watch had a second chance at life :lol: . So technically, yeah Jon's watch was ended for real. 

I may have missed something, but did Jon ever get questioned about why he stepped away from the NW's when he was trying to recruit families? Did he ever tell them "Yeah, I died and came back...So, my watch ended." I would have loved to see Lady Mormont's face at that moment :lol:

I mean, otherwise, the families he was trying to recruit should have executed him based on being a deserter.  

I think the writers was just like why even waste time with that. We need to get to the Battle in Ep. 9

I may have missed something, but did Jon ever get questioned about why he stepped away from the NW's when he was trying to recruit families? Did he ever tell them "Yeah, I died and came back...So, my watch ended." I would have loved to see Lady Mormont's face at that moment
laugh.gif

I'm not sure how that conversation went about him not being part of the NW anymore. 

But I thought only the Warden of the North can execute a deserter, no?

It’s the first official news about Game of Thrones season 7: The next outing of the international fantasy sensation has lined up four acclaimed directors to tackle the 2017 season – including a founding Thrones veteran who’s returning to the show after directing major Hollywood films.

The first thing savvy Thrones fans will notice about this list is the number of names. In recent years, Thrones has employed five directors to helm two episodes each. HBO has not yet publicly confirmed the plan by Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss to reduce next season to seven episodes. But given that there are fewer directors on board for season 7, viewers can take that as a sign that things will be different next year.

Here are the directors signed on for season 7:

— Alan Taylor: An Emmy-winning veteran of The Sopranos, Taylor helped pioneer the visual storytelling style of the show when he helmed the pivotal ninth and 10th episodes of season 1, particularly “Baelor” (the episode where Ned Stark was executed). The Thrones producers were so impressed they gave Taylor four episodes to helm in season 2 – including the premiere and the finale. Then Marvel snatched him up for Thor: The Dark World followed by Taylor reuniting with Emilia Clarke to direct her big-screen role in Terminator: Genisys. Now he’s back on Thrones for the first time since 2012.

– Jeremy Podeswa: The Canadian director and Boardwalk Empire veteran scored an Emmy nomination for directing the show’s most controversial hour, season 5’s darkly tense “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.” This year he directed the propulsive season premiere as well as Jon Snow’s riveting resurrection episode, “Home.”

– Mark Mylod: A four-time director on the show, the British veteran of Showtime’s Shameless and HBO’s Entourage took on this season’s uniquely textured re-introduction of the The Hound in “The Broken Man,” as well as Arya’s exciting chase sequence in “No One.”

– Matt Shakman: A newcomer to the series. Shakman is best known for his work on FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a comedy loved by Benioff and Weiss (the showrunners even wrote an episode, “Flowers for Charlie,” although it’s not one of the 39 episodes Shakman has directed). Shakman has also helmed episodes of AMC’s Mad Men, CBS’ The Good Wife and FX’s Fargo.

There are a few notable GoT veterans sitting out next year, such as Miguel Sapochnik – the director of this season’s hugely impressive “Battle of the Bastards” and Sunday’s explosive finale. Also: The Red Wedding helmer David Nutter, who won an Emmy for directing season 5’s finale, “Mother’s Mercy.” But perhaps they’ll return for the eighth (and presumed final) season?

In another item of behind-the-camera Thrones news, the showrunners are welcoming back costume designer Michele Clapton for season 7. The Emmy winner was in charge of the show’s costume department for the first five seasons, spent some time away from the show in season 6, then returned with some Twitter-exploding work in the final two episodes of the season – such as Cersei Lannister’s funeral-black battle dress.

“We were thrilled to have Michele Clapton back for both the ninth and 10th episodes of this season, and for season 7 and beyond,” Benioff and Weiss said in a statement. “From the beginning, her brilliantly groundbreaking work has been so central to the look and feel of the show. Cersei’s costumes for the season 6 finale are the best we’ve ever had and we can’t wait to see what the incredibly talented Michele comes up with next year.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/29/game-thrones-season-7

No Miguel :frown:

The return of Alan Taylor and the addition of the Fargo/Mad Men director is encouraging though. The other two are trash

Last edited:
Miguel probably getting offers from movie studios wanting him to direct their films.

Still disappointed that he won't be directing an episode next season. Hopefully he'll be back for S8.

Back
Top Bottom