OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing in Jon's favor is he's actually a seasoned warrior at this point, more than anyone but Bronn. he's fought in multiple battles.

briennes fought in tournaments, a few small skirmishes,

the hound lost his nerve at black water.

In a battle situation you cna make an argument for Jon, but 1 on 1 I think Brienne has to be #1 seed.

Yeah that wight commander was a better opponent.

But see around the 1:05 mark, Jon should've been ran through right there but he just gets knocked off.

That fight was a part of a bigger battle. Usually, when it ain't your time to be written off you look good in a battle.

See certain ppl surviving when the sons of the Harpees attacked.

Last edited:
As far as the White Walker battle, Jon was going to catch the L big time. He had no idea that Valyrian steel was the cheat code for those bastards. I think with all that Jon has seen, he might become the most savage dude lowkey by the time it's all over.

Bronn is also a great fighter and probably the smartest one. If he thinks he might catch an L he backs off (IE Tyrion's Trial By Combat) unless them checks are proper. Bronn might be the realest negus in the whole show.

It's implied that Randyll Tarly is a great military commander. I don't know how good he is 1v1.

Jon is one of my favorite characters, but I wouldn't even out him in the top 5 of Thrones fighters. He should have died several times, but .....plot armor :lol:

I'd take Greyworm over him

bronn is smart, but old at this point, and a floyd mayweather in his ability to pick the right fights.

Bronn beat an anointed knight of the vale, BUT you have to remember that guy probably wasn't in Roberts rebellion so he's another Knight who had been to war. Bronn's "dirty" tactics work better on someone who isn't experienced with the realities of war.

-he fought with the hill tribesmen but they were against Robb starks decoy force.
-He fought at blackwater but besides shooting that arrow we didn see him work.

Bronn himself thought fighting the mountain was a dicey proposition, and if we think the the Hound and the mountain are around the same level so I gotta put him below, both of em plus brienne becuase she beat the hound.

I say Bronn is better than the average knight but sub elite level, plus he's getting old but smarts and guile means whether your squad wins or loses he's probably going to survive. :lol:

Jon I find impossible to peg, he was mowing people down, in the battle of the bastards, and battle at castle black but, obviously he's undersized, especially without the apple crates the directos have him standing on.

he's the best fighter at castle black, but that's not saying much.

Jon admited that Robb was better than him at everything...and Robb also admited he was worse than Jamie, who lost to Brienne.

but how to account for improvement? I have go assume he's impfoved with experience.

I would guess Jon and Tormund are around the same level. but I think he's sub briene, hound, and mountain.

Question comes down to if you demand trial by combat, who you choose to fight for you?

I'd pick Le Bronn.

Arya is the best fighter.. how do you beat her "cheat code" she can be anybody at any given time and strike

She's not really a fighter, she's more of a stealth assasin...hand to hand combat, the waif was giving it to her...

You know, if people just breezed by these veiled spoilers they wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Discussing why and how people are spoiling the show is doing more to spoil the show than the comments.

Ser Pounce running the show.:pimp:

Or
You know, if people just breezed by these veiled spoilers they wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Discussing why and how people are spoiling the show is doing more to spoil the show than the comments.

Ser Pounce running the show.:pimp:
or they could just put it in a ******* spoiler tag, and be considerate to those that dont want to watch the show early..

Jon?

I can't think of a dope one on one fight son has had where he skillfully bested a worthy opponent in seasons.

A lot of battle scenes are cool but c'mon anybody who isn't going to die does well in big battle scenes.

Brienne would have the title as far as living characters if it wasn't for.....

Besides that to date nobody has put on a better fighting display than my boy Oberyn even with the L.

He skillfully beat the white walker!... Yeah you could say he didn't know that Valyrian still would shatter him, but look at the last move he did. He parried, then struck. That would have killed anyone no matter what type of blade.

He killed the Thene at castle black. He struggled, but so what dude was way bigger.
I def would say Oberyn is better skillfully, but he's dead and I thought the question was for characters living.

Back
Top Bottom