OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know :lol: cold way to go out.

Seen this on IG sometime ago. From the inside of a bathroom door
B77FCC5F-46A4-4D7B-8715-AFAC81919D5B.jpeg

Lol that's dope

As ruthless as Tywin was, he was the best person to rule or help rule the 7 Kingdoms. But like most of the characters in the show, he had a fatal flaw, namely Tyrion. He treated him like **** and underestimated him.
I feel like more importantly, his bigger flaw was his inability to fully check Cersi.

She was the one that tried to frame Tyrion and have him killed just cuz there was an opportunity and she hates him.

Tywin simply didn't care about dude. He treated him like dirt and Tyrion probably would took it all and just went back to Casterly Rock to be a drunk prostitute ****er had he not been tried for murder.

Last edited:
Nah I don't agree with that. He literally made her marry Robert and she almost married Loras. She said it herself that she's the one that does everything he says.

Now your kinda right because Cersei definitely put Tyrion on trial but he could have stopped it but he didn't because also wanted Tyrion dead.

The only thing he was getting beat at was literal military strategic planning so he found other ways around that. Scheming.

Last edited:
I'll admit it largely had to with incompetence amongst his ranks which was his fault.

No answer for Stannis, go to the Tyrells.
No answer for Rob stark, go to the Freys.

I feel like more importantly, his bigger flaw was his inability to fully check Cersi.

She was the one that tried to frame Tyrion and have him killed just cuz there was an opportunity and she hates him.

Tywin simply didn't care about dude. He treated him lile dirt and Tyrion probably would took it all and just went back to Casterly Rock to be a drunk prostitute ****er had he not been tried for murder.

Nah, I think he had Cersei in check for the most part. If Tywin didn't want Tyrion to be on trial, he would have gotten his way. I do believe that Tywin wanted to send Tyrion to the Wall. Having Tyrion executed would make the Lannisters look bad. Sparing Tyrion and sending him to the Wall would show mercy and would strip Tyrion of his claims to Casterly Rock. Tywin knew Tyrion was right about being the heir to Casterly Rock but he didn't want to give it to him. As cold as Tywin is, he's not Randyll Tarly. Randyll told Sam to kick rocks or catch the fade. The Wall also would provide some cover for Tyrion getting killed. They could easily contract an assassin to get him there. The Wall is full of criminals so it could be anybody. The Lannister name would be spared a public execution of one of it's prominent members.

Tywin definitely despised his son and blamed him for his wife's death. But I think Tywin also despised and to some degree, respected Tyrion because of his intelligence and because Tyrion might have reminded him of himself. That's part of the reason he had Tyrion become Hand of the King. My favorite scene in Feast For Crows is between Jaime and his aunt Genna when she tells him that Tyrion is the one that resembles Tywin the most out of all of his kids. Tyrion is ambitious and demands what's owed to him, especially after Blackwater.

I mean it isn't hard to see that.. cersei thinks she's smart.. and Jaime doesn't really try to be

But then you have his physical appearance and the death of his wife

masagipatron masagipatron

I'm still over here tryna think of someone better to rule but I think your right. Shoot he was ruling the 7 before Aerys went mad.

What made Tywin so effective was that he was a great military commander and a smart politician. He also understood that you have to maintain peace to prosper. There are a lot of great fighters, great strategist and great politicians but not many have all of those traits combined.

Also, Robb was definitely kicking Tywin's *** in the field but I think the show either didn't mention it or barely mentioned it but one of Tywin's strategies was to burn down his enemy's crops and lands. Robb lost a lot of men because they needed to go back home to tend to their lands. Robb won some good battles but Tywin was playing the long game. He was bleeding Robb's army from the beginning. When Robb beefed with the Karstarks and the Freys, that was the final nail in the coffin. Tywin's strategy from the onset was to split Robb's army and it worked perfectly.

What made Tywin so effective was that he was a great military commander and a smart politician. He also understood that you have to maintain peace to prosper. There are a lot of great fighters, great strategist and great politicians but not many have all of those traits combined.

Also, Robb was definitely kicking Tywin's *** in the field but I think the show either didn't mention it or barely mentioned it but one of Tywin's strategies was to burn down his enemy's crops and lands. Robb lost a lot of men because they needed to go back home to tend to their lands. Robb won some good battles but Tywin was playing the long game. He was bleeding Robb's army from the beginning. When Robb beefed with the Karstarks and the Freys, that was the final nail in the coffin. Tywin's strategy from the onset was to split Robb's army and it worked perfectly.

See smart warfare..

People legit don't realize historical how many wars/battles have been won because of stuff like supply issues (whether it be food, fuel, ammunition or arms).. or tactical issues, like the types of battles being fought

It's what I judge show littlefinger so harshly.. fight battles that you can win and maintain your advantages where and far how long you can

Nah I don't agree with that. He literally made her marry Robert and she almost married Loras. She said it herself that she's the one that does everything he says.

Now your kinda right because Cersei definitely put Tyrion on trial but he could have stopped it but he didn't because also wanted Tyrion dead.
Yeah but she still had too much to say and did things without his say so.

I felt Tywin was more indifferent towards Tyrion on trial as far as doing something to stop ot and once he saw the opportunity had been seized by Verdi he was like sure why not let him die given he despises him.
Nah, I think he had Cersei in check for the most part. If Tywin didn't want Tyrion to be on trial, he would have gotten his way. I do believe that Tywin wanted to send Tyrion to the Wall. Having Tyrion executed would make the Lannisters look bad. Sparing Tyrion and sending him to the Wall would show mercy and would strip Tyrion of his claims to Casterly Rock. Tywin knew Tyrion was right about being the heir to Casterly Rock but he didn't want to give it to him. As cold as Tywin is, he's not Randyll Tarly. Randyll told Sam to kick rocks or catch the fade. The Wall also would provide some cover for Tyrion getting killed. They could easily contract an assassin to get him there. The Wall is full of criminals so it could be anybody. The Lannister name would be spared a public execution of one of it's prominent members.

Tywin definitely despised his son and blamed him for his wife's death. But I think Tywin also despised and to some degree, respected Tyrion because of his intelligence and because Tyrion might have reminded him of himself. That's part of the reason he had Tyrion become Hand of the King. My favorite scene in Feast For Crows is between Jaime and his aunt Genna when she tells him that Tyrion is the one that resembles Tywin the most out of all of his kids. Tyrion is ambitious and demands what's owed to him, especially after Blackwater.
Yeah I agree with most of this.

But I'm specifically talking about how he let Verdi rock with accusing Tyrion of killing Joffrey and how that basically led to Tyson's death.

But yeah, I forgot about that angle. He did want Tyrion tucked away on the wall.

Its just to me when I think of what led to Tywin's death and it points at Cersi and then him. Thats why I see it as the biggee flaw.

Yeah Tywin was the smartest dudes on the show, but as another said he underestimated Tyrion.

I still think Tyrion cut a deal with his sister or something. There has to be a reason he had that sinister look hiding under the stairs as Jon went to pound Dany.

I also remember that this show was based on a real family feud or something with the Storks and the Lancasters and the Lancasters won the battle so imagine Cercie comes out on top.

85 days
January 24, 2019 - April 19, 2019

Robb Stark was winning a lot of the early battles bc Greywind was a monster in the battlefield. The North didn't have a top field general with Ned dead where as Tywin was an elite general along with Randall Tarly

The Umbers are a house of big strong warriors but not any great generals on the strategic side, Bolton was spending more of his efforts plotting against Robb than helping him

Thats not completely true. Bolton was experienced amd umber was a savage

Roose didnt plot aginst him til after jamie got released and he didnt kill or imprison Catelyn

Back
Top Bottom