OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
l4bcf8z0i4v21.jpg
otflwahuh4v21.jpg

What theories? He's literally been thrown into the viewers face as this threat. Even if you didn't subscribe to theories (I don't), going down in that manner is shocking.

He’s fought not a single person in hand to hand combat in 8 seasons. His generals consistently lost in hand to hand combat all series so what did you expect when someone got close to him? Once he refused a fight with Jon and instead just raised more dead I knew he wasn’t gonna fight fair so if he went out with one blow then screw it. I got no sympathy for him.

I blame GRRM for not finishing the books more than the show producers. The Night King and the whitewalkers were hardly the focus in the books as they were in the show.

let down for me...20 mil and 2 months to film that?
2 dragons and what were they doing? nothing, no way the dead should have been able to go up the wall......dragons should have been at front lines and covering one another.....there was 40 mins where it seemed jon and daenerys nothing.

is it just me or did the dead seem way more faster and powerful

bran worthless.......what was the point of him taking over ravens? what on earth did that do???.......i thought he would take over theron body and fight the night king,....i thought that from the second theron said he would cover him....would have been amazing.....dont mind how he died though.....she did train to be stealth.....and lets be real there is no one that can beat the night king one on one it needed to be a out of no where quick death.....id also would have liked a back story......fire doesnt kill him? explain please......

does she have 2 dragons left or 1? thought i saw 2 in previews

i thought 30% of the cast would die tonight

dont forget Arya sneaking up on peoples skills is top of the game....she did it to jon at same exact spot
she couldn't even sneak past the wights she was running from

dont ever want to hear about this show and goat in the same sentence.

they built up the night king king for the entire show and he goes out like that?

trash, just trash.

at that point, bran killing him would of made more sense.

we still dont know what nk wanted with bran?

cinematography was trash for an episode that cost 15 mills.

MCU >

On the one hand, I don’t think they dropped the ball as much as they did with the Beyond The Wall episode. But NK getting washed like that was disappointing. I knew he was going to die at some point but I didn’t think it would be this episode.

I mean Arya could barely sneak past a gang of wights in the library but this chick came out of the shadows like the Dark Knight when NK and the squad rolled up on Bran?
I think Arya was disguised as one of the walkers. Thats why she was able to get to the NK so easily

Game of Thrones doesn't air in 4K and does not air with HDR10 or Dolby Vision (which handle color vibrancy and black levels). The eventual home release on UHD Blu-ray will have these things and obviously look better. Streaming 4k is rarely better than 1080p blu-ray, it's just a matter of bandwidth.

I have Spectrum cable, show airs in 1080i which is de-interlaced by my TV. Watched in the dark on an older 1080p LED with local-dimming that I calibrated myself, and it looked fine. They used quick-cuts and dark cinematography to lower the budget, less to show...less CGI to create.

/nerd

On the one hand, I don’t think they dropped the ball as much as they did with the Beyond The Wall episode. But NK getting washed like that was disappointing. I knew he was going to die at some point but I didn’t think it would be this episode.

I mean Arya could barely sneak past a gang of wights in the library but this chick came out of the shadows like the Dark Knight when NK and the squad rolled up on Bran?

I knew NK storyline was gonna finish up this episode. Cersei and Jon v Dany for the iron throne was always going to be the final conflict of the story.

It felt like GRRM only gave D&D the data on the final ending and nothing on how The Others storyline would finish up, So they came up with this nonsense :lol:. Maybe it’s partly because GRRM intends to finish up the others storyline in TWOW and hasn’t been able to figure it out yet.

Similar endings to the Night King and Gus Fring but at least in BB it was all part of Walt's plan. Night King's goal was to go after Bran and Gus was focused on Hector so Walt knew exactly how it would play out. In this case, Arya just somehow sneaked up on everyone while they were distracted with Bran. Would have been better if they showed how Arya got there at least

nah NK went out more like Omar in The Wire

All of Aryas scenes this episode were pure :pimp:

She was slaying wights like Darth Maul on her side of the wall, had Davis like :wow:

Dropping the dagger with an okie doke and icing it like game like 7 :pimp::pimp::pimp:

It's tough I don't envy the filmmakers, they got handed a tough hand so im gunna give them a pass for the mistakes.

episode was ultimately still thrilling despite it's flaws.
Nah man they hyped it themselves. Talking about it took months to film this one ep and that the battle would be bigger then Helm's deep.

dont ever want to hear about this show and goat in the same sentence.

they built up the night king king for the entire show and he goes out like that?

trash, just trash.

at that point, bran killing him would of made more sense.

we still dont know what nk wanted with bran?

cinematography was trash for an episode that cost 15 mills.

1449880726812.gif

Back
Top Bottom