OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You was cool with the horse that Arya ubered during the burning down of an entire city?

What about the Urine-Jaime duel?

Nah. If I’m right, that’s the same horse that the captain of the Golden Company was riding. The one that got blown to the ground when Drogon knocked down the wall. The horse was still alive. If I can suspends disbelief for a few minutes to accept that a 200 foot dragon is laying waste to an entire city, I can accept that one horse remained in at least good enough riding conditions to whisk Arya away :lol:

The Jamie - Bam Margera battle was entertaining as well. Homie dropping his head in pure exasperation at the fact that he has to keep fighting because Jaime is still reaching for the sword... classic. Euron was a dope character imo. Even up to the very end where he’s got a sword in the gut, he’s still delusional and larger than life in thinking he’s the one who took Jaime out. :smokin

The episode wasn’t a bad episode. I stand on that. :lol:

thoughts? :nerd:

This is a popular critique about the show and yet the show employs more minorities than are in the books. Grey Worm, Salladhor Saan, dude from S2, Dornish guy are not Black in the books. There are Black people in the Summer Islands, Asian looking people in Yi Ti. A lot of people in Dorne and Essos are Arabic or Mediterranean looking. Those are potential areas that could be explored in other books, other shows/movies. GRRM created a vast world with a lot of diversity potential. Certainly more than Tolkien did.

Not sure if I missed something, if it's been addressed...where's Widow's Wail? I'm hoping they take that and Oathkeeper and reforge Ice. That's probably asking too much of D&D but one hopes.

Oh and I read that Bran 3 eyed raven theory :rofl:

**** would support my reaction to the spoilers but all of that reasoning makes too much sense. So it probably won't be included as for why or even track how.

A little too on the nose too.

Who the **** wants a fairy tale ending?

You new in this thread? :lol:

Relax champ.

The overwhelming reactions saying that the episode was bad seem upset that Dany went off the deep end. It’s as though cats wanted her and Jon walking hand to hand to the iron throne. Give me the chaos instead of folks skipping through a field of daisies.

It’s like some of you guys just see criticism & conveniently skip over WHY there’s criticism :lol:

We’ve explicitly stated our reasons why we don’t like some of the things being done and have given evidence to support our claims but you guys conveniently keep side stepping those parts like Cersei on that staircase and using straw mans to argue things we’ve never even said.

Example: how many got damn times has that stupid meme of all of Dany’s instances of killing people from S1 onward trying to justify her sudden turn on the innocent been posted even after people have given logical reasons as to why those killings are not a precedent for what the writers had her do Sunday. Not once have I seen anyone address the rebuttal on that meme but instead, move onto another straw man argument :lol:

The score, direction and cinematography (except for ep. 3) has been amazing this season but those things have never been the most important aspect of film for me. Do I enjoy it when it’s good and criticize it when it’s bad? Sure but I’ll always be a narrative & dialogue > visuals person when it comes to storytelling.

Relax champ.

The overwhelming reactions saying that the episode was bad seem upset that Dany went off the deep end.
You're definitely not reading this thread :lol:

It’s as though cats wanted her and Jon walking hand to hand to the iron throne. Give me the chaos instead of folks skipping through a field of daisies.
:rofl: Again WHAT? Where are you getting "its as though cats" wanted a wedding?

I cant take this post seriously if you have actually been reading the complaints in here.

It just sounds dumb. Nobody was asking or even wants a happy ending in here. Let alone hand in hand skipping through daisy fields. That's some **** you made up to post.

I mean can you point to one poster with reactions anything close to what you're suggesting? :nerd:

This is a popular critique about the show and yet the show employs more minorities than are in the books. Grey Worm, Salladhor Saan, dude from S2, Dornish guy are not Black in the books. There are Black people in the Summer Islands, Asian looking people in Yi Ti. A lot of people in Dorne and Essos are Arabic or Mediterranean looking. Those are potential areas that could be explored in other books, other shows/movies. GRRM created a vast world with a lot of diversity potential. Certainly more than Tolkien did.
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Salladhor_Saan

Interesting read. I was hoping he would pop up again after Euron was introduced.

Bruh it’s a show about endless wars, incest, dragons, reviving the dead, and castles.

Some things won’t add up. Like Duff getting nominated for the woman of the year thread. Ever. :lol:

Go play Guess Who if you’re looking for evidence and **** robtoofresco robtoofresco . :lol:

You're definitely not reading this thread :lol:

:rofl: Again WHAT? Where are you getting "its as though cats" wanted a wedding?

I cant take this post seriously if you have actually been reading the complaints in here.

It just sounds dumb. Nobody was asking or even wants a happy ending in here. Let alone hand in hand skipping through daisy fields. That's some **** you made up to post.

I mean can you point to one poster with reactions anything close to what you're suggesting? :nerd:

Fam you got a hard on for me or something? :lol: I’m not going through all the posts in here since Sunday to back up what I’m saying. The rhetoric of not agreeing with Dany going dark and burning everything to to grown exists on NT and throughout the other platforms. Rob, on this page, just pointed out his reason for not agreeing with how they’re portraying her descent into madness. :lol:

Like I said in my initial post, the episode was not as bad as people make it out to be. That’s that :smokin

Fam you got a hard on for me or something? :lol:
Nah, you just said some stupid ****.

I asked a question and you made some bull **** up :lol:

I mean really, nobody in this thread has said they want a fairy tale ending. If anything they've made it pretty clear we all know this doesnt have a happy ending. Been the theme of the last few seasons.

Your post reads like nonsense.

I’m not going through all the posts in here since Sunday to back up what I’m saying
Nothing backs up what you're saying though :lol:

Its pure fiction.

The rhetoric of not agreeing with Dany going dark and burning everything to to grown exists on NT and throughout the other platforms.
The **** are you even talking about now?

Anyone saying they dont agree with the how or why Dany burnt everything down has nothing to do with wanting a fairy tale ending though?

Where is this leap in logic coming from? Is it just a need to assume or do you actually think you read that in this thread? :lol:

Like I said you must be new to this thread. Go back to those other platforms with this fairy tale ending bull **** you making up.

Rob, on this page, just pointed out his reason for not agreeing with how they’re portraying her descent into madness. :lol:
What does that have to do with your post?

Watched 8.5 for a third time today. Still don’t get the overt criticisms. It was a solid episode for what they’re going for. The story never seemed like it would have a fairy tale ending.
The post has nothing to do with not agreeing with Dany burning everything down.

Not agreeing with how or why Dany did what she did has nothing to do with thinking the show is going to end with her hand in hand with Jon in a field of daisies. Its stupid to think that. Huge leap in logic.

You said you don't get the criticisms, the ep was solid, you watched it 3 times, and somehow you think other ppl thought this was going to have a fairy tale ending.

I'm just calling bull **** on that man and its okay if you cant explain it cuz nothing in this thread supports that.

Sorry if that makes you think I have a hard on for you. I think thats pretty gay but maybe thats a legit concern of yours.

Like I said in my initial post, the episode was not as bad as people make it out to be. That’s that :smokin
If you don't want to discuss different view points, thats okay.

Not everybody wants to take the time to understand different viewpoints or read explanations for why they disagree with how something happened or that it happened at all. That's why you dont understand the criticism the show is getting. You're not putting any thought in to it.

But if youre gonna come with some ******** that ppl wanted a fairy tale ending when you just dont understand what ppl disagree with of course bull **** is gonna be called on that. Its the dumbest straw man argument you could come in here with.

Last edited:
6A904E1E-67B3-4AF4-9FA2-1EF2E0438F48.gif

92E71EB3-6C87-44E7-8FCE-F67421E9BEB4.gif

:rofl: at keep that ******** on other platforms. Or else what my guy? You gonna dissertation my every post to death?

He really told you to play guess who if you want evidence.

Compared GoT to NTers voting for Duff

How am I now reading this?! :rofl: Came in here with that Sansa level trolling.
:rofl: at keep that bull**** on other platforms. Or else what my guy? You gonna dissertation my every post to death?
You can stop embrassing yourself now man with this weak troll effort or maybe its just a fragile ego.

Go watch the episode again and enjoy ya boy Urine.

I still don’t understand people’s outrage over Dany snapping. To start she’s not real!!! She’s a character that is being portrayed how the writers want her to be. You’re talking about a show with dragons and ice zombies and want a continuous narrative? Is it that incomprehensible that someone with a history of mental dissent can just snap from one minute to the next? Especially after losing s child and best friend? Y’all really wanna be upset about that? I DONT see the outrage. She’s been a lame character since Meereen. Her ego ballooned donut seems fitting to me that she does go mad. She never saw the red keep people as innocents. They were just another weapon used by Cersei.

I just don’t see it. I’ve been invested just as long as all y’all and outside of the issues I’ve stated i don’t see how y’all are upset. This show is still the goat. I’m just wondering how everyone all of a sudden got masters in literature. *shrug*

People throw away their futures all the time out of rage, lust, deceit, etc. you saw it at the end of 8.4. But the cracks were already there from before. Losing 1 dragon then the Dothraki and a lot of unsullied then another dragon and her best friend but because she’s lived by a “code” for a few seasons it’s unfathomable she says funk it all?! Y’all too much man. It’s a fantasy show, it is what it is.

Last edited:
I still don’t understand people’s outrage over Dany snapping. To start she’s not real!!! She’s a character that is being portrayed how the writers want her to be. You’re talking about a show with dragons and ice zombies and want a continuous narrative?

I didn't even care about her snapping but this is a ridiculous statement

You act like fantasy elements mean that the storytelling shouldn't be held to any sort of standard

Maybe YOU have no standards for it, but other people do and their reasoning makes sense if you actually took time to read and understand

Nah. If I’m right, that’s the same horse that the captain of the Golden Company was riding. The one that got blown to the ground when Drogon knocked down the wall. The horse was still alive. If I can suspends disbelief for a few minutes to accept that a 200 foot dragon is laying waste to an entire city, I can accept that one horse remained in at least good enough riding conditions to whisk Arya away :lol:

The Jamie - Bam Margera battle was entertaining as well. Homie dropping his head in pure exasperation at the fact that he has to keep fighting because Jaime is still reaching for the sword... classic. Euron was a dope character imo. Even up to the very end where he’s got a sword in the gut, he’s still delusional and larger than life in thinking he’s the one who took Jaime out. :smokin

The episode wasn’t a bad episode. I stand on that. :lol:
Euron was a dope character?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom