OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why does Tyrion know about all these secret passages to the red keep yet didn't tell the faceless assassin (Arya) who was on their side about them?

I think he's been on the side of saving his siblings the whole time, Dany called him out several times but never acted on it. He's toast next week though barring a miracle
and the fact that she been down there before too woulda been a nice callback
esp if she heard the voice (?) like last time again (cant remember if she heard or saw something)

Ramsey was never made into the biggest threat the realm was supposed to face off against, accept it or not, DEATH was always the threat that would unite the forces...that was drilled since the beginning of the show, Ramsey was a surprise, he was fleshed out over a couple of seasons, he became more and more threatening and powerful over his arc and although he didn’t swing a sword during the battle, he did get down and dirty plenty times....i dont know how you draw a parallel between his development and the NKs, when the NKs whole appeal was based on mystery, what he wanted, what was his connection, what was really his endgame...we all expected it to be much deeper and in the end it was shallow as a pudddle.
I sort of disagree with you on this. it was a threat for sure but the story is based off the thrones and the chess match that it is.. people didn't fall in love with this show because of the threat of the night king and all that. Even in the face (season 7) of all this NK is coming stuff. they always played on well what happens after we defeat them. it was always "you going to help me with this throne after the NK" from dany. & cersei with f them dudes up there ima secure this throne down here.

I think it's all in the execution and payoff. The whole episode built to Jon collecting on Ramsey and the ending was satisfying and straight up in line with Jon Snow's character. The cherry on top was Sansa offing him in a way that the character deserved on the show. Had the Battle of Winterfell ended the same way but with Jon actually delivering the death blow, the internet would've been going crazy and enjoying it, rather than being divided and going back and forth on each other for weeks.

Instead, D&D tried to outsmart everyone with Arya just for the sake of being unpredictable and then you have half the people just in shock/dislike it and the other half needing essays and videos to justify "Arya making sense". This is the equivalent of Luke in the original trilogy being the main character and then Chewbacca sniping Darth Vader somehow and then people defending it saying he's been shooting Imperials for three movies and it was always a plausible outcome.
i mean unpredictability is the ENTIRE point of the story. i dont blame d&d i blame the jon loyalist that sort of made him the star of the show..
There is no star. its a collective bunch of stories. all playing chess (as I said earlier)

IIRC, it was supposed to be Arya all along according to the Red Woman. I had zero issues with Arya doing the job, but it was just executed poorly IMO. Another thing, if the Red Woman knew of this outcome (brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes etc.). Why would she still pursue "Azor Ahai" in Stannis or Jon? Unless I'm missing something.
I'll even admit it was a stretch to recon that.
but again Azor ahai was only mentioned once in the show. and we still dont know if Azor ahai is suppose to be this great warrior....
that was left to fan interpretation. the same way it is in the book so far. in the books Azor ahai has been said of like 3/4 different people.....

I've said from the closing seconds of 8-3, it's fine if you wanted to have Arya be the one. Not MY choice, but I could have lived with it, IF you had everyone do what needed to be done.

You're the only person with a legit solution /complaint that ive seen.
i'm not mad about Arya being the one. but I loved that episode. and it seems like from everyone else the main complain is Night King didn't physically fight (which to me he's a mage... mages don't get down and dirty like that)
and the Generals didn't fight (my only complaint).
I agree Generals should've if not killed....seriously wounded some characters. even if not killed the mains. it would've been nice to see them Skewer some dothraki and unsullied.

I'm enjoying this show right now for what it is, visuals, fighting, chess match.

But it's the rule of 10. 3 people love it 3 people hate it. and 4 people don't really mind either way.

The girls in my office are calling me a hater because I am talking so much ish about how dumb the writing has been. They wanted so bad for Dany to be a female hero... and then to see their faces when we came back to work on Monday morning was :rofl:

Seeing the cast members break ranks is further proof that the show has turned into a dumpster fire.
who is that in your profile pic

So for everyone that hates this show now, what could have been done differently for you guys to be back on team Love GOT? Is your main problem with the show that it was too much in a short season? So then if the season was stretched out into two full 10 episodes seasons and build out The Night King/Long Night battle in one season and then the last season be the battle of Kings Landing/turning of Mad Daeny, all the dislikers of the show would be happy or no?
Hell 24 episodes in the last 2 seasons still with a few eps having and extra 30 min.

So far they can keep the same story. Just earn it. The writing has to be much better. Make the go get a wight to show Cersi ep make more sense.

Actually expose Littlefinger for what he's done, maybe perhaps have someone outsmart him or just somehow have him be his own undoing when he tries to scheme when Dany arrives with Tyrion and Varys.

Build up the golden company a little. These are what these extra eps can be used to do. Spend some time over there. Bring the ******* elephants, more stuff for Dany to kill anyway. Try to make Urine this dangerous imposing great pirate since you're pretending like everybody knows that and his screen time would make more sense.

If Sansa is the smartest person Arya knows show me how and when the **** that happened.

Draw out the long night to 2 or 3 eps. The first ep can end on some real despair ****, Infinity War style. The next ep can end on the crypt overruning the citizens on some World War Z ****. There needs to be major casualties. I need me a dead Ned mobbing on those fools. Have Jon actually fight the Night King at one point. If he isnt gonna win fine but fam needs to square up with dude.

Do something with Bran to show me his entire arc and subplot was meaningful.

Dont have Rhaegal die so easily. Make Urine's fleet and the golden company apply smart battle tactics to kill it. Have Jon be on Rhaegal when it happens, maybe Dany irrationally blames him. Then have some legit reason for Dany to flee and not just kill them all.

Address Dany going mad throughout every episode since Viseyron died. Same with the relationship with Jon. That needs to be spiraling downward. Have her blame Jon for killing both her dragons. Give it a Shakespearean bent and really let that be half of the reason she goes mad. You have the actors to make it work especially with Emilia.

Sam needs to lose an eye and/or an arm. Getting out of that battle unscathed is stupid. The quieter eps like ep1 of the final season and the ep 2 before the long night can stay as is.

Write Tyrion smart again. Write Varys smart again.

Have Cersi kill half of the king's landing citizens with wildfire and blame it on Dany in some lie about a first strike. Prompting the rest to all be against Dany demonstratively. Do something to really set the stage for what we saw. The rest of the ep can mostly be the same except Yara kills Urine and something better is done to change Arya's mind other than the Hound saying revenge is not the way look at me when Sansa got her revenge and isnt like the Hound.

Just put more time and thought in plotting the story and crafting the characters arcs and journeys being concluded.

Last edited:
Watch Daario Naharis gonna pop outta no where with a massive naval fleet hitherto undreampt of tryin to reclaim his Queen.

Dario kills Dany with dragonglass

I've said from the closing seconds of 8-3, it's fine if you wanted to have Arya be the one. Not MY choice, but I could have lived with it, IF you had everyone do what needed to be done.

I did not need to see Bran sleep. Or Ravens fly around. Or the exact same NK arms raise. Or the exact same dead lay down on the fire to get across. Of the exact same Giant beat down the door. Or a little girl get crushed yet stab a Giant. We didn't need ANY of that.

You snuff out the Dothraki, ok fine. Still a cool visual, true doom, go ahead. The dead are gonna STOMP the unsullied, and the Northerners, got it. Do that work.

But let's have the Generals roll up on Arya, Jon, Tormund, Greyworm, Brieanne, Jamie, Podric, Gendry, Theon, Jorah, and let's do this right.

Raise the dead Starks, I'm totally good with that. Have Berric and Hound go down there to help defend the crypts. Hound saving Tyrion and Sansa, all good.

Now we're dancing, elite warriors, elite White Walkers. NK maybe he gets his hands dirty, maybe he doesn't, play that how you feel it should. Brieanne goes down. Theon goes down. Gendry goes down. (Lighting up Arya) Couple white walkers fall, you have losses on both sides, heroes dying, villians dying, and in the end, either Jon or Arya makes the move.

Your losses are felt more. True losses. You finish storylines for people better. Brianne after being Knighted and so happy. Gendry after being with Arya. Jorah to still have Dany messed up. Theon goes in a better way than the 100 yard dash, alongside his brother. Jamie feels it for Brianne dying. He has anger towards Cersei for not helping. :nerd:

You could have stomped the hell out of the living, but still won the overall war. You would have used the NK, his White Walkers, and each of the main characters would have had better payoffs.

Jon was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Brianne was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Jamie was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Dany was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Gendry was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Podric (who's been fighting for like a month or two) was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Sam was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Greyworm was SURROUNDED by dead, lived

If you feel the way they did that episode is better than the way I laid out, then we can agree to disagree.
Damn bro... this was very well written and makes me mad that they didn’t write it like this :lol: .

Watch Jon hold it for the long trip back to Winterfell then as soon as he gets there he takes a giant whiz, and then through some tree magic Urine appear out of the puddle.

Urine kills Jon and Dany with a shotgun he finds hidden behind the tree and then takes the Iron Throne.

without WW there is no wall

and what would they do with those missing scenes?

what would jon do except die at the red wedding?

Back
Top Bottom