OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but if you expose them in this thread, you're basically gonna know which "theory" is a spoiler.

iSnqqooVPzrxf.gif

I thought it was because Cersei or someone forced her to.

Both,notice how they conveniently cut to Cersei smirking as she came in and was about to testify. She most likely paid her off like she did with most of those witnesses like Jamie said.

Amazing episode.

Obviously the trial and Tyrion' speech will go down as a landmark scene in the series but this episode was flawless top to bottom.

Funny how all Tyrion's actions since season 1 finally caught up with him making it too easy for Cersei. I forgot how reckless dude was with the tongue early on in the show.

Theon, I knew there wasn't anyway he was leaving on his own free will. :smh: I kept cringing during the bath scene thought there was gonna be something foul in the water. :lol:

And I thought Ramsey was a little fun boy who knew he was so nice with the steel.

Dany :pimp: how anyone could hate on that scene is beyond me. Heavy is the crown.

One of my favorite lesser lines from the episode, after Lord Tyrell had the nerve to speak without being spoken too, Tywin Lannister - "Tyrell be a good man.... Go fetch my quill and paper"" - the subtle venom and disdain infused into the delivery of the last few words was worthy of Clipse on a Neptunes beat. :lol:

Prince Oberyn :pimp:

Can anybody answer this question for me?

Varys confirms for Tywin that Jorah was at one point directly spying on Danny for the Lannisters - was this hinted at before and I just missed it all together? :wow:

Also, what's up with this ***** *** dude Varys turning against Tyrion all of a sudden? **** that guy.

My dude Vary's always kept it 100.

He told Tyrion explicitly that although he admired him and that city was indebted to him, that he would ALWAYS get in line with Cersei or whoever was in power before risking his life to help Tyrion.

Last edited:

Varys confirms for Tywin that Jorah was at one point directly spying on Danny for the Lannisters - was this hinted at before as I just missed it all together? :wow:

i believe they mentioned this in season 1 when ned stark was hand of the king

I thought it was because Cersei or someone forced her to.

Both,notice how they conveniently cut to Cersei smirking as she came in and was about to testify. She most likely paid her off like she did with most of those witnesses like Jamie said.

What do you think was more of a factor? Tyrion telling her to leave or pressure from Cersei?

The way Shae was talking .. she seemed really reluctant. Idk, might have to rewatch it again.

What do you think was more of a factor? Tyrion telling her to leave or pressure from Cersei?

The way Shae was talking .. she seemed really reluctant. Idk, might have to rewatch it again.

Probably Tyrion telling her off since her dumbass couldn't deduce the fact that he was lying :lol:,she had that "but I thought I was just a *****" comment when Tyrion told her not to do it. Cersei probably offered her a good deal too so it was most likely not the hardest decision for her to accept with her hating Tyrions guts now.

Can't stand her :smh:

Last edited:
How are they getting the spoilers from the books? I thought they changed in up from book to tv show.

I thought you guys said that this is the first show that caught up with the books, and they guy who writes the books are lazy and procrastinates so he is always behind on releasing the books.

Something similar happens in TWD thread where people post spoilers from the comics it's based on, but at least they put it on the spoiler bar thing.

Varys confirms for Tywin that Jorah was at one point directly spying on Danny for the Lannisters - was this hinted at before as I just missed it all together?
eek.gif

Damn. So this was his initial motive to get her back to her "allies" in Westeros? So he could hand her over to the Lannisters?

How are they getting the spoilers from the books? I thought they changed in up from book to tv show.

I thought you guys said that this is the first show that caught up with the books, and they guy who writes the books are lazy and procrastinates so he is always behind on releasing the books.

Something similar happens in TWD thread where people post spoilers from the comics it's based on, but at least they put it on the spoiler bar thing.

The show is in line with the books. There's two RELEASED books that have not made their way into the show yet. That's at least another season's worth of material. There's two unreleased books that we're waiting on to see where it goes from there.

While there are changes from the books the changes are pretty minor and every big event will be pretty close to what has been put in the books.

Last edited:
Varys confirms for Tywin that Jorah was at one point directly spying on Danny for the Lannisters - was this hinted at before and I just missed it all together? :wow:

He was a spy for Varys not the Lannisters, this was all season 1. Why would he be confirming to the head of Lannister family that someone was spying for the Lannisters? lol

Damn. So this was his initial motive to get her back to her "allies" in Westeros? So he could hand her over to the Lannisters?

He originally was just keeping an eye on the Targaryen kids, eventually he just fell in love with the jailbait and her motives were take back Kings Landings, so he has been helping her reach that goal. It never seemed like he had any intention of hurting or turning Dany over to anyone. He stopped being a spy when he received a letter that his services were no longer needed, and they he would receive a full pardon from the king. The fact that he was no longer needed is what led him to suspect that an assassination was going to be attempted on Dany, and he was able to stop it shortly there after.

He was how Robert and Ned were getting all the information on her when she married Khal Drogo, and was pregnant and regular updates to the king's council.

Last edited:

Probably Tyrion telling her off since her dumbass couldn't deduce the fact that he was lying
laugh.gif
,she had that "but I thought I was just a *****" comment when Tyrion told her not to do it. Cersei probably offered her a good deal too so it was most likely not the hardest decision for her to accept with her hating Tyrions guts now.

Can't stand her
mean.gif
this is what im saying

theres a distinction between being paid off and being threatened by violence

shae was acting more scared and rehearsed until oberyn asked her how she knew all of that

i dont know that cersei would have to pay her off i hope next ep they explain what happened with bronn and her gettin on the boat

i wanted her to say "my giant of lannister" instead of lion too or at least "my lion of lannister"

she should have been more sarcastic and trying to make the audience laugh more

Varys confirms for Tywin that Jorah was at one point directly spying on Danny for the Lannisters - was this hinted at before as I just missed it all together? :wow:

Before the start of the show Jorah was banished by his father, (the old lord commander of the night's watch), for being involved in the slave trade. He had a gold digging wife that he could never satisfy and eventually turned to trading slaves to come up with money to keep her happy. He gets found out and instead of being sent to the wall, he is sent away and begins spying on Dany for the Lannisters.

When Robert Barratheon learns that Dany is supposed to marry Khal Drogo, he sends the order to Jorah to kill her and in exchange he'll receive a full pardon and be allowed to come back to Westeros. Jorah actually joins Dany's cause, however, and foils the assassination attempt (the poison wine that she almost drank in the first season).

Probably more info than you wanted but a little backstory never hurt :lol:

Edit: after reading the post by ssjjfar I see I got some of my facts wrong. It's been a while since I've read it :lol:

Last edited:
Probably more info than you wanted but a little backstory never hurt :lol:
Some of your info is wrong though.

He wasn't a spy for the Lannisters, he was a spy for Varys. By time Lannisters came to power and controlled King's Landing he stopped being a spy. (season 1)
The order to kill her wasn't sent to Jorah. The pardon was given to him for his services as an informant. He got that (right)before the assassination attempt even took place.

Varys confirms for Tywin that Jorah was at one point directly spying on Danny for the Lannisters - was this hinted at before and I just missed it all together?
eek.gif
He was a spy for Varys not the Lannisters, this was all season 1. Why would he be confirming to the head of Lannister family that someone was spying for the Lannisters? lol
He originally was just keeping an eye on the Targaryen kids, eventually he just fell in love with the jailbait and her motives were take back Kings Landings, so he has been helping her reach that goal. It never seemed like he had any intention of hurting or turning Dany over to anyone. He stopped being a spy when he received a letter that his services were no longer needed, and they he would receive a full pardon from the king. The fact that he was no longer needed is what led him to suspect that an assassination was going to be attempted on Dany, and he was able to stop it shortly there after.

He was how Robert and Ned were getting all the information on her when she married Khal Drogo, and was pregnant and regular updates to the king's council.
Oh ok, I just meant that Varys confirmed for us the viewers that Jorah was a spy and since Varys reports to Cersei/Tywin/Lannisters he was basically indirectly spying for the Lannisters. 

Last edited:
Oh ok, I just meant that Varys confirmed for us the viewers that Jorah was a spy and since Varys reports to Cersei/Tywin/Lannisters he was basically indirectly spying for the Lannisters. 
He was Varys' spy, so yeah he was indirectly spying for the King and the King's council. This was during Roberts reign though. He stopped being a spy right around the time Robert died, before Joffrey was King, or any Lannister was part of the King's Council.

Viewers knew he was spying for Varys from season 1. This scene may have served as a reminder for us. Just trying to help answer your original question, your not the only one that seems to think he worked for Lannisters.

Yall suck, I swear. Lemme get this straight...someone spoiled...the spoiler post got deleted...but 3 of you (@silkboi, @Castomere, @Master Zik) couldn't help but quote AND confirm the spoiler, just in case anyone missed it, didn't believe it or got there after it was deleted?

That's special. :smh: :lol:

You know what this show didn't miss? Sibel ****lli's awful acting. :x

Didn't Varys say he helped Shae escape the city?

I feel like instead of doing that, he turned her over to Cersei or Tywin. And whichever one told her to say what they wanted her to say, so that they'd spare Tyrion's life. But dude got blindsided so hard in the feelings that that plan flew out the window. :smh: ...It was interesting for a sec, thinking of Tyrion heading to the wall to help Jon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And that whole Yara trying to rescue Theon scene sucked.

Like I got what they wanted to do, but the way they put it together felt corny. All that buildup...all these men travel all this way to die trying to rescue dude, and she takes one look at a him and says eff this, I'm goin home? Maybe they didn't direct it so well and it played out better in the books, but it felt like the show randomly remembered her character, and just had her pop up for a sec, so they could drop her storyline.

That was a damn good episode, though. I actually liked the Dany ruling scene too. Only 4 eps left. :smh:

Last edited:
Didn't Varys say he helped Shaeescape the city?

I feel like instead of doing that, he turned her over to Cersei or Tywin.
Varys informed Tyrion that Cersei knew about Shae. I believe it was Bronn that helped Shae escape the city. And this was before the wedding, so Tyrion wasn't even on trial yet. Not sure what happened there, whether she never went on the ship, or left and came back, or what.

And that whole Yara trying to rescue Theon scene sucked.

Like I got what they wanted to do, but the way they put it together felt corny. All that buildup...all these men travel all this way to die trying to rescue dude, and she takes one look at a him and says eff this, I'm goin home? Maybe they didn't direct it so well and it played out better in the books, but it felt like the show randomly remembered her character, and just had her pop up for a sec, so they could drop her storyline.
:smh:

Yeah I think it was basically to give her character an appearance and have one action scene in the episode. I haven't read the books, but based on what I've read in the other thread, that scene never happened in books.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom