OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked the rescue sequence. Theon being kept in a kennel with the dogs is crazy. He's completely brainwashed at this point. I think if Ramsey sends him to the Ironborn, which it sounds like he plans to do, Theon might start remembering who he is. That's a lot of trust to send him freely, but I remember that shaving scene so I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

JKnyEeU.jpg
Uh huh.

Varys informed Tyrion that Cersei knew about Shae. I believe it was Bronn that helped Shae escape the city. And this was before the wedding, so Tyrion wasn't even on trial yet. Not sure what happened there, whether she never went on the ship, or left and came back, or what.
Ah, that's right. I guess maybe they'll explain it, but it felt like...if Varys, who knows everything, says she's away, he would've had some part in her being there that day. But that's just me assumin they told her to lie, and it wasn't her who came back on her own, just be a psycho *****. :lol:
Yeah I think it was basically to give her character an appearance and have one action scene in the episode. I haven't read the books, but based on what I've read in the other thread, that scene never happened in books.
Yea, it just felt random and pointless.

Last edited:
i liked the yasha/theon scene. they showed how far gone theon is. opportunity to escape with a familiar face and he ran back to the cage :smh:

also seems like they're setting something up in the future with ramsay's "mission" for reek.

i liked the yasha/theon scene. they showed how far gone theon is. opportunity to escape with a familiar face and he ran back to the cage :smh:

also seems like they're setting something up in the future with ramsay's "mission" for reek.

Well yeah, I thought they showed that when he had Ramsay with the knife to the neck and didn't do anything, and then told the Boltons about Bran and Rickon.

This scene just kinda reminded me of the smoke baby that killed Renly. Like they built up something pretty interesting, then kinda whiffed on the execution? I mean, it felt like they just played cross-country tag. :lol: But I guess it accomplished what it had to for the story.

Yall suck, I swear. Lemme get this straight...someone spoiled...the spoiler post got deleted...but 3 of you ( HankHill HankHill , @Castomere, @Master Zik) couldn't help but quote AND confirm the spoiler, just in case anyone missed it, didn't believe it or got there after it was deleted?

That's special. :smh: :lol:

You know what this show didn't miss? Sibel ****lli's awful acting. :x

Didn't Varys say he helped Shae escape the city?

I feel like instead of doing that, he turned her over to Cersei or Tywin. And whichever one told her to say what they wanted her to say, so that they'd spare Tyrion's life. But dude got blindsided so hard in the feelings that that plan flew out the window. :smh: ...It was interesting for a sec, thinking of Tyrion heading to the wall to help Jon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And that whole Yara trying to rescue Theon scene sucked.

Like I got what they wanted to do, but the way they put it together felt corny. All that buildup...all these men travel all this way to die trying to rescue dude, and she takes one look at a him and says eff this, I'm goin home? Maybe they didn't direct it so well and it played out better in the books, but it felt like the show randomly remembered her character, and just had her pop up for a sec, so they could drop her storyline.

That was a damn good episode, though. I actually liked the Dany ruling scene too. Only 4 eps left. :smh:

:lol: gave that powerful *** pregame speech for nothing.

Well yeah, I thought they showed that when he had Ramsay with the knife to the neck and didn't do anything, and then told the Boltons about Bran and Rickon.

This scene just kinda reminded me of the smoke baby that killed Renly. Like they built up something pretty interesting, then kinda whiffed on the execution? I mean, it felt like they just played cross-country tag. :lol: But I guess it accomplished what it had to for the story.

For me it was just seeing that familiar face with legit opportunity to escape but cowering.

That blade scene def showed how bad he was but he still hesitated and had to think about it, and with this scene it really shows how bad he's been twisted - pretty much to the point of no return.

But I feel you, though. I mean how this dude run into battle shirtless, no armor or shield, and proceed to murk your whole team? :lol:

Theon is brainwashed and scared out of his mind. When she showed up, he thought it was a trick or something, and even though it was his sister, he still didn't trust it was real. Last season between when he was tricked into beleiving he was "rescued", and him getting that blue balls treatment before losing his junk, he doesn't trust anything good that is happening to him is actually good. Even when Ramsay gave him a bath, he didn't think it was genuinely going to be safe and just a bath.

Theon is brainwashed and scared out of his mind. When she showed up, he thought it was a trick or something, and even though it was his sister, he still didn't trust it was real. Last season between when he was tricked into beleiving he was "rescued", and him getting that blue balls treatment before losing his junk, he doesn't trust anything good that is happening to him is actually good. Even when Ramsay gave him a bath, he didn't think it was genuinely going to be safe and just a bath.
His sister coming is as real as an escape scenario could get and he was still too scared. No one can rescue him at this point.

His sister coming is as real as an escape scenario could get and he was still too scared. No one can rescue him at this point.
Last time he literally was out free by himself and thought he had escaped, then found out it was just all a trick. This time he didn't even want to go out again. Like Ramsay says, he is Reek now and just a pet thing.

I know it's not shown in the show but Ramsay kinda did all these tricks to Theon over and over that he (Theon) thinks everything is just a game now. The chase, torture etc. This dude Theon was even eating rats in the books, yeah its that bad.

So Ramsey is a warrior in the books? Always thought he was a sucker. A sick twisted demented sucker but a ***** boy none the less.

Of course, I loved Tyrion's confession.. but the build-up to that with Jaime willing to sacrifice and give into his father's wishes for him to continue the family line.. all so he would spare Tyrion, that was pretty great :pimp:

I liked some of the callbacks with the confessions. The Theon rescue scene started out great.. the speech... the infiltration.. the first kills.. then it was "I'm going to release the dogs.. better run!" and they skedaddled out of there :lol:

Dany's story has gotten stale a bit but I've expected that. She's not going to come sailing for King's Landing just yet.. there's still too much else to do. So I'm sure they're building to that or they've got it in their back pocket and I'm not too worried.

Oberyn was awesome the whole episode. His conversation with Varys.. then during the small council meeting :lol: .. and then his questions during the trial. What an awesome character.

The way Roose describes him in the books, Ramsay is no where near being a good warrior :lol:

I liked the Theon/Yara part of the episode. It just drills into you how scarred Theon is now, how he thinks everything is a trick from Ramsay and his whole new demeanor to show how loyal he is. It'll come back around as part of the story. And it frees his sister up as well.

Didn't expect him to be fighting people who are in full armor while he's there with no shirt on stabbing people. He looks frail and a bash with a shield should knock him out.

Didn't expect him to be fighting people who are in full armor while he's there with no shirt on stabbing people. He looks frail and a bash with a shield should knock him out.

I'm saying dude was out there bare chested with a dagger and a pair of trousers puttin the blade of God on them Iron Islanders. :lol:

Yara should've just threw her axe at his chest. Would've been game over, word to lil' flip.

Back
Top Bottom