OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess im the only one interested in reeks story. Interesting to seee what happen. Dude kinda been excremented on his whole life basically. I wanna see him go ham on the bastard.

in the show dude (reek/theon) just doesnt look battered enough for me and im not a book reader

he legit looks like a soho hipster

srs

I thought the girl he was with did those cuts when he was smashin.

idk dudes a weird guy.

Ya talkin bout ramsey? :lol: i thought the same but then i realized there were too many cuts plus he already had the knives out.

Yea didn't they come 30 deep? There was just a few Islanders in the dungeon with Yara by the time Ramsay got there he'd already been giving out that work.

Well they did invade the actual castle of the Boltons...so it's not that unreasonable to think all those soldiers that were with Ramsay and all those soldiers that came with Roose took care of them.

im enjoying Ramsay as well

Theon deserves everything done to him and more. 

How so?

From my perspective all Theon wanted was love and respect. He saw how the Starks cherished Rob, only to go back home to the Iron Islands and be ******* on by his pops. Then he does what he thinks it'll take to earn his pops trust and hopefully respect instead he gets ******* on again. The only thing Theon lacked was patience, which is a quality teenagers tend to not have ... His main problem was that he needed to pay his dues to earn his pops trust, instead he tried to undercut the process by taking Winterfell

If anything all the slight he got from the people that served the Starks, he was not expecting or equipped to handle getting the same slight/disrespect from both his pops and his own people.

You also have to add on that he also wasn't raised he rule ...... He was like what the third brother I believe

Last edited:
in the show dude (reek/theon) just doesnt look battered enough for me and im not a book reader

srs

Did you not see his torso when he hopped in that bath?

My dude had his swole meat cut off :x

Son is beyond physically and mentally broken.

by taking Winterfell
that's where he ****** up.

the north/Ned raised him, he may have been a "captive" but he grew up with Jon and Rob and they were the closest things he had to brothers/family.

The Iron islands gave zero dambs about his existence and he turns on the people he loved. You could see the regret in his eyes the entire as he was taking WF. 

fac3 tak30v312 is trippin Theon is a **** boy.

No loyalty, no back bone. What's even worse is he's a halfway crook.

Sacked Winterfell and murdered his own people and then wanted a "do over."

No one deserves what he's been through but sympathy for Reek is minimal.

^^ Yes but the people that the Starks ruled over treated him like trash. I also already addressed your other points in the parts of my previous posts you did not quote ...... In the end Theon thought that he would rule the Iron Islands elevating him to a position of respect in Rob's coalition ... Reek is essentially the personification of how the servants and people of Winterfell and also the Iron Islanders treated Theon

Last edited:
What are you talking about this is the first I've ever heard of Winterfell treating Theon like trash unless that's something from the books they didn't carry over.

Not buying Theon's daddy issues and that he just needed patience. Theon's a sucker with no honor, no Stark would ever done what he did if the roles were reversed.

Last edited:
What are you talking about this is the first I've ever heard of Winterfell treating Theon like trash unless that's something from the books they didn't carry over.

Not buying Theon's daddy issues and that he just needed patience. Theon's a sucker with no honor, no Stark would ever done what he did if the roles were reversed.

Rewatch the episodes it's all there ........ It's not explicitly spelled out but when he talks to the Grand Maester about how every one in Winterfell liked to remind him of how lucky he is to be a prisoner ... When Asha (sp?) (the female wildling) came to Winterfell and he was having a talk with her in the stable about addressing him as mi lord ...... There are several scenes with Theon and then they would show the treatment of Rob or Bran to juxtapose against how Theon is treated ...

This is why Ramsey cutting off Theon's **** is suppose to be such a pivotal moment and is essentially his breaking point into becoming Reek. If you look at how the other lords of note and their heirs are treated just compare that to Theon ... It stands that the only thing of worth that Theon had .. The only thing that they couldn't take away that brought both him and other people pleasure was his ****

I'm still like a book behind the show so as far as I've read most of it has been aired

I wouldn't say he was treated like crap but everyone knew he was basically a prisoner of the Starks. He was still able to enjoy his life there.

srs
Did you not see his torso when he hopped in that bath?

My dude had his swole meat cut off 
sick.gif

Son is beyond physically and mentally broken.
nah this is HBO it aint good enough b

i want mold growing on ol boys face

i want teeth rotting out his mouth

i want him walking like hes doing a permanet stanky leg 

theon looked a lil worse than brody from homeland when he first came home real talk

if HBO was really bout that life they would of shown him meatless to send the message home. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he was treated like crap but everyone knew he was basically a prisoner of the Starks. He was still able to enjoy his life there.

Exactly. Theon was the best kept prisoner in GoT (it's almost fitting that he's now the most abused). Dude was living like nobility going on hunts with the Lord's of Winterfell, trickin on sloots with play money, eating like a king.

I can't accept any Theon apologist. The Stark's treated him well. His situation at Winterfell and his brief situation back home at the Iron Islands don't justify the sucker that he is.

Last edited:
Imagine if after all this build-up, and Dany dies a simple death like Joffrey's. Like being poisoned or shot with an arrow the moment she steps on Westeros.

It is without a doubt that the lower families in Winterfell treated Theon different. Ned Stark was too noble of a man to treat a highborn, even a prisoner of war, as a lower house/vassal. And other families in winterfell showed their colors all throughout the first season. Mainly through indirect disrespect.

Before I knew what was going on I thought Theon was Ned's son and wondered why lower families looked/talked about him like that.

The Starks treated him like a family member but not everyone in Winterfell did. Shoot Catelyn treated Theon more like a son than she did Jon Snow. That just shows you that Ned's honorable character rubbed off onto his immediate family.

Yeah Theon was treated badly at Winterfell but on the low kind of enjoyed life there better than Jon Snow was. I think the paths the two of them have taken in the show, their actions and their outcomes, are meant to be juxtaposed with each other. They were in similar situations - both raised by the Starks nut neither a TRUE Stark and both made decisions that led them away and into the life service of others.

In a way they were both wards to Ned Stark.

How so?

From my perspective all Theon wanted was love and respect. He saw how the Starks cherished Rob, only to go back home to the Iron Islands and be ******* on by his pops. Then he does what he thinks it'll take to earn his pops trust and hopefully respect instead he gets ******* on again. The only thing Theon lacked was patience, which is a quality teenagers tend to not have ... His main problem was that he needed to pay his dues to earn his pops trust, instead he tried to undercut the process by taking Winterfell

If anything all the slight he got from the people that served the Starks, he was not expecting or equipped to handle getting the same slight/disrespect from both his pops and his own people.

You also have to add on that he also wasn't raised he rule ...... He was like what the third brother I believe
What he does which you're glossing over is become a traitorous cur especially during that time of turmoil with the North about to war with the King. The Stark bros were his friends, some considered him family.

He has no honor. He tried to grasp something he simply isn't and got what he deserved. Now as far as where we stand he doesn't deserve this level of torture but he should've just been killed for betraying Rob. Like father like son though, saw an opportunity to be treacherous and took it. Tried to front like Ned aint treat him well, talking about birthright and ****.

Also there was never any chance for him to be raised to rule because all of his brothers were killed and he was given away to Ned Stark as a child to seal the peace treaty between the Greyjoys and the Stark's.
^^ Yes but the people that the Starks ruled over treated him like trash. I also already addressed your other points in the parts of my previous posts you did not quote ...... In the end Theon thought that he would rule the Iron Islands elevating him to a position of respect in Rob's coalition ... Reek is essentially the personification of how the servants and people of Winterfell and also the Iron Islanders treated Theon
No he didn't. Theon betrayed Rob to get in the good graces of his father. Nothing else. He sacked Winterfell, killed key ppl, forced Bran and Rickon to go on the run while spreading the rumor that he burned them to death. In what crazy mind does he think after doing that he'll have any place in Rob's movement? Rob sent him to get his father's help and he back stabbed him.

Also I call bull **** on that last part. Going off the books or the show Theon was not treated the way Reek is treated in ANY shape or form.

Last edited:
Next time I'll spell out every minute detail so you don't have to post your red herrings to make your argument Zik. I have zero issue with you feeling that Theon is a traitorous bastard, however my purpose was to point out that it isn't simply that cut and dry.

I do like the juxtaposition of Theon and John Snow ... but I think the key difference is that Snow learned that whatever he is to get in life he will never inherit it from Ned, it has to be taken, while Theon always saw himself as a stolen Prince waiting to make his triumphant return home [I also think there's great foreshadowing as to their fate and lineage}(it's actually a really great comparison)...... (In a sense John is the one that learned the Iron way and the Iron price)............

To me it's akin to an orphan making up grandiose stories of their lineage except in Theon's case it's true.. I've always believed that there's a little bit extra you have to "see"/interpret to understand Theon's decisions (even though his traits are that of a classical literature archetype) ie Why he sacked Winterfell, why he listened to the horrible advice of the Iron Islanders that traveled with him .. why upon his return to the Iron Islands after being slighted by "his" people the first thing he does is finger Yara to sort of express his sexual prowess .... Or you could always just characterize him as a traitorous fool and move on.

Eitherway I do see Theon's decisions that lead him to become Reek as those of a fool ... and you know what Neko I think you're completely right.

Exactly. Theon was the best kept prisoner in GoT (it's almost fitting that he's now the most abused). Dude was living like nobility going on hunts with the Lord's of Winterfell, trickin on sloots with play money, eating like a king.

I can't accept any Theon apologist. The Stark's treated him well. His situation at Winterfell and his brief situation back home at the Iron Islands don't justify the sucker that he is.

This!

Theon is such a burger

To add to fac3 point. Theon was treated a lot better than jon snow was and he had stark blood.

Back
Top Bottom