OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the author of this article is way over thinking Game of Thrones. I don't see the racism going on in Essos and Danny's story. Sure she's a "white leader freeing slaves", but the slaves are white,brown,black, and the slave owners are also white,brown,black. Also the Cersie example is awful. Ever since Tyrion was born she wished him dead, she's ordered the execution of innocent people, and treats the Jamie like crap and viewers are suppose to like her? "but the abuse she faces from her father and the love she holds for her children make her human. Yet, we still hate her" Abuse? compared to Tyrion? Anyway GoT shreds and its only getting better.

I can't remember far back enough in the show but what have they said about the mountain skill wise other than he's big and strong? Why is everyone saying he is such a challenge. The only thing I can remember of him is getting his *** handed to him in jousting and was prob about to get murked by the hound. Then we see him killing chained up slaves.

I guess what I'm asking is if there is any dialogue about the dude that I missed about his feats in battle or other general B.A. Reputation stories. As seen in the show, nothing from the books please

Loras kinda cheated to beat him in the joust. That's why he was going end him. In a one on one fight no one wants it with dude except for his brother and Oberyn. Guy is big and nasty as you can get. Pure evil.

didntread.gif

I can't remember far back enough in the show but what have they said about the mountain skill wise other than he's big and strong? Why is everyone saying he is such a challenge. The only thing I can remember of him is getting his *** handed to him in jousting and was prob about to get murked by the hound. Then we see him killing chained up slaves.

I guess what I'm asking is if there is any dialogue about the dude that I missed about his feats in battle or other general B.A. Reputation stories. As seen in the show, nothing from the books please

You can't really get the context of the character without delving into what we know about him from the books. Really the only thing they've said on the show is that he tortured and burned the hound. He killed a **** load of people during the sack of Kings landing when Robert took the throne including Oberyn's family members. He had been going village to village mass murdering people in season 1 under Tywin's orders. He was Tywin's glorified bodyguard in season 2. He continued to rape and murder people along the countryside during season 3.

That's really all you know from the show. However, in the books Gerorge describes him as near 8 feet tall carrying a 6 foot long great-sword that he can use one handed because he's that strong.

This helps, thanks for your input

I think the author of this article is way over thinking Game of Thrones. I don't see the racism going on in Essos and Danny's story. Sure she's a "white leader freeing slaves", but the slaves are white,brown,black, and the slave owners are also white,brown,black. Also the Cersie example is awful. Ever since Tyrion was born she wished him dead, she's ordered the execution of innocent people, and treats the Jamie like crap and viewers are suppose to like her? "but the abuse she faces from her father and the love she holds for her children make her human. Yet, we still hate her" Abuse? compared to Tyrion? Anyway GoT shreds and its only getting better.

Basically, I think the author of that article felt like playing the contrarian and went out of his/her way to find things wrong with the show.

The portion about cersei sounds like it was written by a staunch feminist
I aint even read it but I'm getting that feeling of when ppl started defending Skylar White in Breaking Bad, including the actress.

Trying to paint Cersei as a tortured character that's had a lot of bad stuff happen to her is bull ****. She's a cruel *****.

Last edited:
Thoughts?

I get what the article's saying.

The show's kinda simpler and more basic and surface and about hype and fanservice, than what it could've have been by this point.

Nature of the beast imo.

Last edited:
If someone needs a fantasy show on HBO, set in a fictional world, that features magic and mythical creatures, to make serious commentaries about social values etc., they should probably check their priorities.

article is just an attempt to be "different" i hate when people do that...doesnt even have valid points seeing as tho the slaves have all been different races and so have the masters.smh and they literally tell u that cersei has been evil since she was pretty young basically her whole life,that article is just dumb.

I just watched the last episode again. Really enjoyed Oberyn`s talk with Tyrion in the dungeon. That story about baby Tyrion. Good stuff.

And I am legitimately bothered that there`s not a new episode this week.

Watching season 1. Starks made so many damn mistakes :{

Ned not playing the game.
Sansa wanting Joffrey so bad, she betrays her family.
Catelyn jumping the gun intruding tyrion.

So many Ls.

Back
Top Bottom