OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y'all are trippin. Season 1 is gold. I was hooked after the first episode but not only was it good at the time but it only gets better with time an each successive season to come after. If you haven't already you gotta watch it with the perspective of having watched 3 & 4. Season 1 second only to season 4 for me.

I spent a lot of time/research trying to figure out Season 1, but only because people told me the show is great and I should keep watching (I would read full recaps after each ep, watch behind-the-scenes etc)

Other people may not want to put in that much effort, especially if they aren't huge on fantasy stuff to begin with.

^I started the show when season 3 was airing and i went googled for summaries of the first few episodes since there was a lot of stuff going on and i didnt want to miss anything that would pop up later on

Yea, season 1 was bunz when I first watched it. It's probably amazing now that I'm all caught up :lol. It wasn't till S2E8, where the entire show was the battle at Westeros' wall, that I got hooked. (Tyrion was an absolute G and The Hound was choppin dudes in half). Season 3 was perfection.

Anyone else find it weird yet funny that every single Stark has/had a different accent? It's almost Jaden Smith bad.

I saw some special on GoT and saw Khalessi. That was all I needed and I was hooked since. I didn't find season 1 boring at all.

The shows got a lot of characters, so I can see how the average American (who is pretty dumb) might have a hard time following.

Yea, the only boring eps of season 1 for me, were the ones where Tyrion, Arya, Drogo, Dany, Ned, Varys or Ros didn't show up.

Some eps were better than others, yeah. And the show took its time unfolding the story, but it was so creative and ambitious and interesting, and so many characters hit, and the production came together. That show was so not boring and generic compared to most of the shows like it. Maybe it's a little OD hyped now, cuz people lost their **** at Baelor, but it's still so impressive.

Last edited:
Knocking season one makes no sense. Why you keep watching?

Hmm maybe it's the millions of people that swear by this show, The red wedding reaction vids that went viral, or the insane amount of effort that goes into every set and costume.

Season 1 seemed like alot of foreshadowing, they made it seem like winter was a few episodes away. Also you need a damn wiki guide to remember all the random names and kingdoms. I can't be the only one who thought a lot of the characters looked a like. Also a show with zero black people makes it hard to relate :lol

TBH the very 1st episode didn't interest me but I kept on watching, gave it chance and the story picked up.

I started reading the book after 1st season and it made me appreciate the 1st few episodes more, giving life to the characters from the book.

Knocking season one makes no sense. Why you keep watching?

Hmm maybe it's the millions of people that swear by this show, The red wedding reaction vids that went viral, or the insane amount of effort that goes into every set and costume.

Season 1 seemed like alot of foreshadowing, they made it seem like winter was a few episodes away. Also you need a damn wiki guide to remember all the random names and kingdoms. I can't be the only one who thought a lot of the characters looked a like. Also a show with zero black people makes it hard to relate :lol
what does that have to do with anything?

Right, because we're all relating to murderous savages and knights who smash their own sister.

Okay :lol

Last edited:
Im not finna turn this into a race thread but its cool to see your own kind on screen. I like variety *shrug*

TBH the very 1st episode didn't interest me but I kept on watching, gave it chance and the story picked up.

I started reading the book after 1st season and it made me appreciate the 1st few episodes more, giving life to the characters from the book.

I was sort of the same, a bit lost and and not as excited but by like ep 2 or 3 when bran got flung from the window. my first thought was...The good guys aren't going to win. and I started the book probably mid season.

LOL I feel you, again that's just my honest opinion, and not meant to rustle

Also, I know there's black people on the show, I was referring to S1.

Last edited:
Who we got? John Cho and Maggie Q?
Yall got Han from F&F....had. 8o :lol

But I kinda see where you're coming from flightman flightman . I mean, if it was just a straight show of white people doing white things while they complain about being white and never notice that no one non-white is around like most of these kinds of shows? Then yea. But I think the khalasar and the people of Dany's story held me over on that. And the grime they push people down into, that's it's not just precious people. And the characters aren't vanilla...it's not like the same 2 white people over and over again. And the things people go through is universal. It isn't just, oh no your lordship! or some ****. :lol

And I remember people talking about casting for this season and how the Dornish might be black...and people were talking Idris Elba (like always), but the idea didn't get stomped on like Mike B Jordan, so that got me a little hopeful (this week changed that though :lol). It woulda been cool if the Dornish were black, but I'm fine with where it is now. It's about connecting with me. If it was all those things I mentioned, maybe it'd be hard for me, but I connect with Tyrion and Arya and a lot of them.

And don't give me no Xaro. That dude sucked. :{ :lol

The episode in S1 that got me going “here we go” was the one that ended with Ned and Jaime fighting.

Oberyn DID put in work though. He disabled the Mountain with surgical precision and other than a kick or two he didn't have a scratch on him. He was just too hell bent on getting a confession of who ordered the murder of his family and got caught slippin

I mean he did do work,he had the Mountain basically dead on his back :lol. It just ended up being that he had a different goal in my mind. He wanted to get a confession from him and to implicate Tywin in his sisters death.
Not really all he did was dance around and waited for the chance for a precise strike to the body. He should have kept trying to disable all of his vital body parts before trying to get a confession out of him.
I think I was just expecting much more out of that fight, plus I wanted to see Oberyn win :(

Like a lot of people in the thread, I believe her laugh was a combination of seeing the hound not get his ransom and sadness of acceptance that she'll never see her family
:( :{

Back
Top Bottom