OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oberyn DID put in work though. He disabled the Mountain with surgical precision and other than a kick or two he didn't have a scratch on him. He was just too hell bent on getting a confession of who ordered the murder of his family and got caught slippin

I mean he did do work,he had the Mountain basically dead on his back :lol. It just ended up being that he had a different goal in my mind. He wanted to get a confession from him and to implicate Tywin in his sisters death.
Not really all he did was dance around and waited for the chance for a precise strike to the body. He should have kept trying to disable all of his vital body parts before trying to get a confession out of him.
I think I was just expecting much more out of that fight, plus I wanted to see Oberyn win :(

Like a lot of people in the thread, I believe her laugh was a combination of seeing the hound not get his ransom and sadness of acceptance that she'll never see her family
:( :{
His dumb mistake aside Oberyn was putting in work. Most of the audience hadn't seen someone fight with that style or be so graceful.

Even Jamie who beforehand said he had no idea if dude could fight or not, he was looking in awe like "damn this dude is forreal"

Last edited:
Im not finna turn this into a race thread but its cool to see your own kind on screen. I like variety *shrug*

At least y'all got Denzel, Whitaker, Morgan Freeman, etc.

Who we got? John Cho and Maggie Q?

:lol

Terry Chen is getting some good roles (House of Cards, Bates Motel, Continuum). I also see that Asian dad from nickelodeon in a lot of commercials and in the new eddie huang show. Asa Akira does work and wins awards.

The fact that you guys are mentioning Ken Jeong proves my point.

I'm naming powerhouse actors and y'all are naming Mr. Chow :lol

I was hooked from the very first episode.

Oberyn was nice with it. I wish he had won. But I want the Hound to kill the Mountain. If he isn't dead.

Arya's laughing was weird and understandable. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

'Mountain' from 'Game of Thrones' just as strong in real life as he is on the show

Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane is one of the most evil characters in all of "Game of Thrones" -- and considering this is the same series that spawned Joffrey Baratheon, that's saying something. He's massive, brutal, and in Sunday night's duel with Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell was involved in something so shocking that people are still talking about it. Casting a guy who could convincingly portray the 8-foot-tall knight was no easy task (two other actors played him in earlier seasons), but the producers seem to have found their man in Icelandic strongman Hafthor Bjornsson.

Bjornsson is 6-foot-9 and 420(!) pounds, numbers that make him a perfect candidate for lifting astoundingly heavy things. He's competed in the World's Strongest Man competitions since 2011 and has been steadily progressing up the leaderboard, culminating in a second-place finish in this year's event. Here he is lifting almost 1,000 pounds like it's no big deal:

If that's not convincing enough, here he is (painted oddly but perhaps understandably in Hulk green) tossing a washing machine:

Back in 2013, the Colts even flirted with the idea of signing Bjornsson to a tryout, which we would have given just about anything to see.

Fortunately for Pedro Pascal, who plays Oberyn Martell, Bjornsson seems like a much, much nicer guy in real life.

Dude, I just watched the episode. :{ :eek :rolleyes

I'm done. Seriously I'm done. This isn't a show/book. It's just one huge troll.

Dude, I just watched the episode. :{ :eek :rolleyes

I'm done. Seriously I'm done. This isn't a show/book. It's just one huge troll.

George RR Martin is a troll, in every sense of the word, he needs to let characters have moral victories every now and then

But i had a feeling the episode would end as such

I might take a break once this season is over too. Not because of the feels but because I much rather watch this particular show in 1 or 2 sittings instead of on a weekly basis. Certain shows like True Detective are perfect to wait, but GoT naaaaaaaaaa

Dudes talkin about they're gonna take a break on some "I'm good after June, yall wont see me around next April," tip.

Yea aight. 
roll.gif

^
It's going to be hell avoiding finding out what happens on the show. Problem with the show getting so popular is you hear it being discussed everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom