OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nerd.gif

You guys would probably call them the caramel curtains.
i prefer brown sugar walls

but thats just me

I just started watching this show again. watched season one and wasnt feeling it. Ended up watching it again and now I've watched every episode in 5 days.

Thank BasedGod that Joffery died. Hated that dude.

Hated Theon too, IDC that hes like that

Jamie was always that dude hate he had to lose his hand.

I knew there was hope for you.
:lol :lol :lol Chill B my taste is impeccable
Just watched episode 5 of S1. First episode that grasped my attention. Took me only like 3 months to get this far lol.

Is it bad i have to read the summary on IMBD of each episode to understand whats going on?
laugh.gif

I dont read ahead but i read as the episode unfolds

Not at all.. it's a huge show to get through at first.

You can try the wikia http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_is_Coming_(episode)

that's pretty helpful.

my brother was the same way. he just tore his acl and has been on crutches, can't really move around. i put the first episode on, he said it was boring. had trouble following so many storylines. i took his crutches away, left him on the couch and made him go through 5 episodes.

1 week later, he's all caught up.
I have seen so many people including myself say this about the first season. Upon first watch its hard to follow, and they swap storylines ,a nd theres so many people that it never made sense at times. Now that everything is established its great. I havent watched anything out of season one in a year and change so I'm going to rewatch it and see what stuff I can pick up on.

Wait dudes had trouble following season 1? Jumping in half way through the series the story lines would be impossible to follow but starting from the beginning, it really wasn't hard. They did a good job of slowly building up to multiple story lines most of which didn't even begin until season 2/3.

And I watch every episode a second time half way through the week cause I generally can't go seven days without a fix.
Yeah man it was, everything involving non Lannisters seemed pointless. They seemed like the main characters and everyone else was filler. Now its more of an equal share.

Cersei needs to die for me to be happy with the show.

Last edited:
I remember the first season when just about everyone did a rewatch every few episodes, cuz the show was so damn dense. :lol

That died down after people read the books, but still... This goes a long way: http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/

Last edited:
I remember watching the very first episode and thought it was boring. I saw a lot of people have the same complaint. I thought it was going to be one of those vanilla, boring shows with knights that you see on the starz channel.

I never found it boring. I mean, a guy got beheaded within like the first 10 minutes of the pilot. That was enough to tell me that the show was going to be different.

Just finished watching the episode. That fight was brutal at the end. The way some of y'all were hyping up the Red Viper I thought he was gonna put in work. I still don't quite understand why Arya was laughing.

The girl that hangs around Khaleesi is the finest girl on he show.
maaaaaaan

she just moved to #1 after this episode, Khaleesi just got dethroned

Oberyn DID put in work though. He disabled the Mountain with surgical precision and other than a kick or two he didn't have a scratch on him. He was just too hell bent on getting a confession of who ordered the murder of his family and got caught slippin

Like a lot of people in the thread, I believe her laugh was a combination of seeing the hound not get his ransom and sadness of acceptance that she'll never see her family

Just walked out of the building at work and heard some people talk about GOT. One guy said that he only watched season one and then stopped. I had to cut in and tell him to keep at it.

I'm telling you, season One is off putting to a lot of people. It's real.

Didn't know dude who played Joffrery gave up acting because too many people hate him now. That's crazy. New Age Billy Zabka.

Last edited:
For me, it was a medieval show on HBO and they had Sean Bean, ******* and zombies in the first ep, so I was sold for at least a few weeks.

Plus Showtime had their own show Camelot that came out around the same time, and the GoT pilot was a lot better than theirs. :lol

The Rock kinda looking like a Dothraki in the new Hercules. Braid his hair and call him Khal Brogo.

Just finished watching the episode. That fight was brutal at the end. The way some of y'all were hyping up the Red Viper I thought he was gonna put in work. I still don't quite understand why Arya was laughing.
maaaaaaan

she just moved to #1 after this episode, Khaleesi just got dethroned

I mean he did do work,he had the Mountain basically dead on his back :lol. It just ended up being that he had a different goal in my mind. He wanted to get a confession from him and to implicate Tywin in his sisters death.

Last edited:
Unless I've missed an interview, Jack Gleeson isn't quitting acting because everyone hates him, but rather because he doesn't enjoy it like he used to. He's been acting since he was a kid, it's not a surprise if you need a break after awhile.

I caught the first season after it aired and for some random reason I had HBO on Demand for free.. but only in standard definition :lol So I gave it a shot after seeing all the hype and I was hooked.

i dont think season 1 was that bad. 

I knew i was going to keep wtching once tyrion was shown in winterfell with the sloots and after jamie did bran dirty by pushing him off the ledge

Season 2 of the wire is automatically worse because of the character ziggy. joffrey is more normal than that lame.

i dont think season 1 was that bad. 

I knew i was going to keep wtching once tyrion was shown in winterfell with the sloots and after jamie did bran dirty by pushing him off the ledge
Season 2 of the wire is automatically worse because of the character ziggy. joffrey is more normal than that lame.
When i say season one of GOT is like season 2 of the wire i wasnt referring to the quality of the programs per se 

I was referring to how the slow start or the confusion of the opening episodes could have potentially push viewers away from watching the other seasons

Just finished episode 6 of S1 without any pauses. First episode thats happened. I feel it happening guys...

Wait dudes had trouble following season 1? Jumping in half way through the series the story lines would be impossible to follow but starting from the beginning, it really wasn't hard. They did a good job of slowly building up to multiple story lines most of which didn't even begin until season 2/3.

And I watch every episode a second time half way through the week cause I generally can't go seven days without a fix.

I don't think it's hard to follow, but I could understand how initially it can be overwhelming, and just turn people away

Back
Top Bottom