OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can someone fill me in on who the guy the hound is fighting next week? I didn't read the book so I just want to know his backstory. If there's spoilers then just PM me. And oh yeah Dany a G for what she did at Astapor.

His name is Beric Dondarrion. You may remember the face below from season one when Ned sends him after The Mountain. However, since then, the actor has be recasted. I can't really give out much more than that without spoiling anything.

View media item 377737
Video of the scene:

Last edited:
Man I was hoping there would be a gif of this exact scene.

Dany observing here handiwork, while Drogon is in the background burning **** up.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Very good episode.

That final scene was nothing short of epic.
pimp.gif

Missandei's reactions were on point.
laugh.gif

Theon just can't catch a break. Dude finally had an epiphany about who his real family was only to end up being recaptured. How did he not realize he was going back to his prison? Was he still traumatized from almost being rape? That dude who freed him and captured him, (whoever he is
wink.gif
) is a real scumbag.

Commander Mormont.
frown.gif

Queen of Thorns.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Margaery has that boy Joffrey open. She sleeps with him that's a wrap for any control Cersei had over him.

Tywin always seems preoccupied writing letters and what not when he's talking with his children.
nerd.gif

Pro, I was hoping they'd show the Beric/Hound fight this episode too. Interested in seeing how it plays out next episode.

Natalie Dormer and Nathalie Emmanuel.
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
@ Varys inquiring about Podrick's encounter with the ladies.

Show is too good.

I watched it again and now I think having the fight would have felt too forced into that ep. Give it a week to build up. They do a fair amount of stuff before and after the actual fight too. So I guess I'd rather them have the pre-fight action, the fight and the results in one ep rather than split across two.

Also no one is talking about the crows?  Some serious **** just went down and people just said **** the oath, im hungry! Can't believe the did ol' commander like that

Also no one is talking about the crows?  Some serious **** just went down and people just said **** the oath, im hungry! Can't believe the did ol' commander like that
Yeah that was only thing in episode that shocked/surprised me. I've read some spoilers and stuff from book, so I already knew exactly what was going to happen with the unsullied from the start of the season. I know a lot of deaths and stuff that happens in the future this season and next, but that one I didn't see coming. I had no clue why everyone was acting up and complaining about food when in my head I thought none of ya'll gonna do anything about it, and well then they proved me wrong. lol

But tbh the crows and Sam are very uninteresting, and it was only w/ Jon Snow I enjoyed following them before. Even with them breaking out into a fight, I don't seem to care.

Last edited:
What the Night Watch did was ****** up.

But after going up against the White Walkers and suffering through starvation they seemed to be at their breaking point.

They did Craster dirty, knife through his chin up into his mouth.
sick.gif

Pro, I thought they would end the episode with the Beric/Hound fight and the aftermath of it. But the went back to Dany in Astapor.

Glad they did that in hindsight, because with the time left in the episode I don't think the fight would've been give the justice it deserved.

Yea they were at their breaking point with Craster for hiding food from them and feeding the pig better and with the Commander for putting them in this situation to begin with.

You're definitely right about that, Toine. The fight is one of my favorite parts of the 3rd book so I'd rather them not cut it too short.

I seriously have to watch these episodes twice now just to get a full understanding of what's going on.

But the ending to the last episode was insane :pimp:

Hm, is it worth buying the books? I'm thoroughly enjoying the shows alone but if the book will be much better then I guess I wouldn't mind buying it.

But tbh the crows and Sam are very uninteresting, and it was only w/ Jon Snow I enjoyed following them before. Even with them breaking out into a fight, I don't seem to care.

You will care

Hm, is it worth buying the books? I'm thoroughly enjoying the shows alone but if the book will be much better then I guess I wouldn't mind buying it.
The books are definitely worth buying.

They give you a better context of certain scenes from the show in some instances.

Be warned though, they are long as hell. I'm talking 800 - 1,000 pages depending on the book, so if you're not that fond of reading in general they might not be for you.

If you do decide to get the books and have watched season one of Game of Thrones already then you could jump right into book 2. The show did a very good job of portraying the events of the first book. Season 2 and season 3 follow their respective books as well, but not as closely as season 1 did. The books flesh out certain characters and events more in comparison to the show.

You will care
Them by themselves? nope
Not til Jon comes back and starts to lead them

edit: Someone remind me, in season one was Joffrey involved with setting up the attempted murder on the comatose Bran? For some reason I can only remember his parents/uncle being involved on TV.

Last edited:

They give you a better context of certain scenes from the show in some instances.

Be warned though, they are long as hell. I'm talking 800 - 1,000 pages depending on the book, so if you're not that fond of reading in general they might not be for you.

If you do decide to get the books and have watched season one of Game of Thrones already then you could jump right into book 2. The show did a very good job of portraying the events of the first book. Season 2 and season 3 follow their respective books as well, but not as closely as season 1 did. The books flesh out certain characters and events more in comparison to the show.
Ty for the heads up!

You will care
Them by themselves? nope
Not til Jon comes back and starts to lead them

edit: Someone remind me, in season one was Joffrey involved with setting up the attempted murder on the comatose Bran? For some reason I can only remember his parents/uncle being involved on TV.
IIRC that second murder attempt was Jaime's doing so that Bran couldn't implicate Jaime and Cersei because of what he saw.

It's not THAT big of a spoiler or I'd PM this out. More like a reveal maybe? IDK if you're this far in the books yet, Toine.

Turns out it is Joffrey who sent the assassin to kill Bran. Joffrey had overheard Robert saying that it would be the merciful and brave thing to do (kill Bran) so he took it upon himself to steal the dagger, hire the assassin and arm him. Tyrion figures it out.

It's not THAT big of a spoiler or I'd PM this out. More like a reveal maybe? IDK if you're this far in the books yet, Toine.

Turns out it is Joffrey who sent the assassin to kill Bran. Joffrey had overheard Robert saying that it would be the merciful and brave thing to do (kill Bran) so he took it upon himself to steal the dagger, hire the assassin and arm him. Tyrion figures it out.

So even in books we didn't know he was involved until a later book? Okay thanks for clearing that up

Pro, I finished all the books, just didn't remember any of that.
laugh.gif

Appreciate the refresher.

Oh Sansa... I'm convinced something terrible will happen after her sad, hopeful expression here.
View media item 377231
View media item 377233

I hate this chick. She aint learn #### since ned got his head chopped off.
Too naive and dumb for me to care for her character. I'm hoping in the next book she goes through enough **** that she has some of a personality change whether that's more like her moms who is more confident/secure/strong or a bit like Cersi where she can do some scheming. I doubt she'll ever be good at manipulating though. I just wish she'd start realizing she's too trusting and naive and start using that as a mask to fool ppl to get what she wants but I guess Dany filled that role.

Cuz I tend to get the feeling, just like Ned always trying to do the right thing she'll end up dead.

Last edited:

I'm not a big reader, but I decided to buy the books a year and a half ago and they made me love reading. I was reading them nonstop and would finish a book in a little over a week. Schools should seriously consider finding books that are as interesting and enjoyable as these are and making them required for some classes.

Oh Sansa... I'm convinced something terrible will happen after her sad, hopeful expression here.

I hate this chick. She aint learn #### since ned got his head chopped off.
Too naive and dumb for me to care for her character. I'm hoping in the next book she goes through enough **** that she has some of a personality change whether that's more like her moms who is more confident/secure/strong or a bit like Cersi where she can do some scheming. I doubt she'll ever be good at manipulating though. I just wish she'd start realizing she's too trusting and naive and start using that as a mask to fool ppl to get what she wants but I guess Dany filled that role.

Cuz I tend to get the feeling, just like Ned always trying to do the right thing she'll end up dead.
She's been thru enough stuff by now to warrant a change but her story so far is just a victim along for the ride.

mean.gif
@ her wanting to marry renly's side piece

Back
Top Bottom