OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Unsullied were outnumbered and Selmy was old and outnumbered... they performed as well as to be expected.

Don't open if your jimmies are easily rustled
Remember how Ned was so opposed to Robert putting an assassination attempt on Dani in season one? Now I think that was out of guilt, because he knew that to kill a Targaryen for the sake of killing Targaryens would mean that his half-Targaryen nephew Jon would eventually die too.

Last edited:
Myranda <3
embarassed.gif

did anyone else hate the sand snakes (or whatever they are called) accents?

seemed so forced :lol:

Is it really that hard to believe that highly trained soldiers can get taken out by inferior forces that use ambushes and their lifelong knowledge of their own country? I mean just look at the real life examples like the Vietnam War and in Afghanistan/Iraq...

In this case? Yes it is. If they were actually using Vietnam tactics like they do in the books then I would buy it. Even then they're only picking off a few at a time and causing more trouble for the citizens and not Dany's military.

The Unsullied are equivalent to Spartans, they're supposed to have the best team tactical and defensive skills in the world. They were attacked by men with no armor and no long range weapons. Barristan with a sword is equivalent to Chris Kyle with a sniper rifle. He's one of the deadliest warriors in the world. So a team of highly trained armored men and one of the greatest if not the greatest swordsman in the world are taken out by random thugs who had 0 tactical advantage? It doesn't make any sense.

Even in the show's own lore they state that 3,000 unsullied wiped the floor 18 times against 20,000 Dothraki on horses. Now you're gonna tell me that old rich men with no training are better warriors than the Dothraki on horseback? Eff that.

The show did a piss poor job showing them get overpowered. Had they been ambushed from above with a ton of guys with bows and arrows, wildfire, or some kind of long range weapons I would have been fine with it. However, it was just a bunch of dudes attacking from multiple sides which should not have been a problem for the best fighters in the world.

did anyone else hate the sand snakes (or whatever they are called) accents?

seemed so forced :lol:

I hate everything about them. Especially the Michelle Rodriguez one. Her story didn't even make damb sense to me (Is she Oberyn's bastard daughter?)

Your mans lost because he goofed. Take the L and move on

You want to start a damb war because you salty :smh:

Last edited:
Quick question,

Whatever happened to Robert Baratheon's bastard son from season one? All I remember is that he was going back to King's Landing?

Last edited:
Ever since this season started, I had a feeling he was a shape shifter, but I never thought he could be JH. 

I just don't get why he would wait so long to tell her who he is. 

I hate everything about them. Especially the Michelle Rodriguez one. Her story didn't even make damb sense to me (Is she Oberyn's bastard daughter?)

Your mans lost because he goofed. Take the L and move on

You want to start a damb war because you salty :smh:

Oberyn never married so they are all bastard daughters.

Tyene, the youngest and white looking one is the daughter of Oberyn and Ellaria in the show.

In the books the oldest four are from different women and the youngest 4 are from Ellaria

Also two of the TV show sand snakes are amalgamations of two characters. Nymeria in the show is Nymeria in the books as well as Arianne, their cousin. Tyene in the show is a mix of Tyene and Elia in the books. Elia is one of the younger four sand snakes who's mom is Ellaria.

Also this war they want to start goes way back to Robert's Rebellion where Tywin commissioned The Mountain to kill off all Targaryan babies, including Oberyn's niece and nephew. As he explained last season.

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious ole girl wants Jon Snow's porterhouse. She asked him if he was a virgin in episode 1. And when he answered no, she said was something like "that's good" with a smirk

Another interesting point is Stannis telling his wife that is wasn't Ned Stark's style to smash a random bird in a tavern.
Very very very interesting :nerd:  

I know theyre leading us to something

It's coming.

You know, I know, we all know. :nerd: :nthat:

That Royal blood about to be coming to light. :nerd:

-Drew

Last edited:
I doubt they will reveal the identity of Jon's mother until we are least closer to the end of the series

-I'm hyped to see Bran next season too, ole boy gonna be like 6'2" 225lbs and still making Hordor carry him around

In this case? Yes it is. If they were actually using Vietnam tactics like they do in the books then I would buy it. Even then they're only picking off a few at a time and causing more trouble for the citizens and not Dany's military.

The Unsullied are equivalent to Spartans, they're supposed to have the best team tactical and defensive skills in the world. They were attacked by men with no armor and no long range weapons. Barristan with a sword is equivalent to Chris Kyle with a sniper rifle. He's one of the deadliest warriors in the world. So a team of highly trained armored men and one of the greatest if not the greatest swordsman in the world are taken out by random thugs who had 0 tactical advantage? It doesn't make any sense.

Even in the show's own lore they state that 3,000 unsullied wiped the floor 18 times against 20,000 Dothraki on horses. Now you're gonna tell me that old rich men with no training are better warriors than the Dothraki on horseback? Eff that.

The show did a piss poor job showing them get overpowered. Had they been ambushed from above with a ton of guys with bows and arrows, wildfire, or some kind of long range weapons I would have been fine with it. However, it was just a bunch of dudes attacking from multiple sides which should not have been a problem for the best fighters in the world.
Exactly! That whole fight scene was terrible and extremely far fetched. No way any of those clowns are taking out the Unsullied like that and to add Ser Barristan Selmy to the mix was downright insulting.

Exactly! That whole fight scene was terrible and extremely far fetched. No way any of those clowns are taking out the Unsullied like that and to add Ser Barristan Selmy to the mix was downright insulting.
did this scene happen in the books?

Back
Top Bottom