OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If money talked enough to get Sex In The City (2) and Entourage movies made, I don't see why a GOT film isn't a real possibility, especially when you consider GOT is loads bigger than either of those other shows ever were.

If money talked enough to get Sex In The City (2) and Entourage movies made, I don't see why a GOT film isn't a real possibility, especially when you consider GOT is loads bigger than either of those other shows ever were.

Exactly $ will always be the biggest factor

Exactly $ will always be the biggest factor

Of course, a GOT movie would have to have a much bigger budget than any SATC or Entourage movie. Regardless, if done right, I think a Robert's Rebellion film could end up with grosses well into the $100 millions.

i would like to see a GOT movie.  

the mad king would be a great character.

and rhaegawd

Whats the over under that the next season comes out two years after the end of this season rather than the usual 1 year

That seems like a possibility, since it wouldn't make much sense for the shows to pass the books. So HBO kind of has to wait for GRRM to finish the next book. He's promised to wrap it up soon, but who knows?

Martin has told the show writers how things generally end, so that they don't have to wait for him.
Every time I think of this fact I can't but help thinking if the show does finish before him and he's still alive, GRRM is gonna make the book ending so different and so live HBO gonna be a bit salty.
Aside from the first Targareyon conquest, the rest of the targareyon rule was boring,

for that to translate on screen would be either boring or completely made up and drama filled, wouldn't be as compelling of a story as this.
Unless GRRM wrote it.

^^^^ I think the show and the books will end generally in the same way. Major plot points being some what similar

I just think that paths they take to get to those conclusions will be different.

For what i have seen. Martin has always seem to treat the show as a companion piece to the books. So I doubt he would do that

My sister's biggest fear is that Martin like the show's ending so much he just says "**** it, that was amazing, no need for a last book"

I really wish Rome didn't end abruptly.. I was late to the show.. But it was great while it lasted

I really wish Rome didn't end abruptly.. I was late to the show.. But it was great while it lasted

Agreed. It had a lot of the same elements as GOT. Sex, violence, attractive people, politics, characters with big personalities. I thought it would last more than two seasons and was disappointed when it got cancelled. Same with Deadwood. Glad GOT is staying around for the long haul.

Yea.. If they knew the DVD sales were going to be what they were, they wouldn't have canceled..

Sucks, but it set the new model for them for future shows and all of that

Rome definitely would have benefited if it came out in the social media era, as GOT has.

I think my Dad has both seasons of Rome on DVD. Gonna have to borrow them. Now that GOT and the NBA are both ending, I need something to watch. :frown:

Last edited:
Rome definitely would have benefited if it came out in the social media era, as GOT has.

I think my Dad has both seasons of Rome on DVD. Gonna have to borrow them. Now that GOT and the NBA are both ending, I need something to watch. :frown:
Check out Penny Dreadful.

I couldnt get into that.

Orphan Black is a great show.
I'm still trying to get into it and I'm on season 2 episode 3. I tried watching it last year when it initially premiered but it didn't catch my interest. I started binge watching it last weekend and so far its okay. Hoping that it picks up. I'm also about to check out boardwalk empires and that pirate show on Stars.

Anyone think repackaged Mountain will free Cersei?

I thought that he'd be involved somehow the way previous episodes hinted, idk how he would though.

sidenote Im too amped for this finale...and I've read and saw every spoiler possible.

This might be the only show I feel comfortable doing that with :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom