OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm trying to get my butt in gear and finish reading all the books before the new season begins. I'm about halfway into book 1 and I started re watching season 1 so I can see where the differences are between the two.

There isnt much difference between season 1 and book 1. I suggest paying attention to tyrion and ned the rest u can sort of skim

I'm trying to get my butt in gear and finish reading all the books before the new season begins. I'm about halfway into book 1 and I started re watching season 1 so I can see where the differences are between the two.

Go read about "the tower of joy" and that's all you need from book 1.

becareful what you read though, don't want read one with a bunch of theories thinking it's canon

Dickon on the rise :pimp:

Typo??? Lol

Freddie Stroma Joins Game of Thrones As Sam’s Brother

View media item 1700044

TVLine reports UnREAL actor Freddie Stroma has joined the season six cast of HBO‘s Game of Thrones as Samwell Tarly’s brother Dickon.

In season five, Sam was last seen leaving Castle Black, with Wildling Gilly and her baby in tow, at Jon Snow’s behest to become a Maester. He probably also didn’t want to see his dear Sam stabbed in the back by the less noble factions in the Night’s Watch.

The Maesters train at the Citadel in Oldtown, which brings Sam near his father’s seat in Horn Hill. Shortly after season five ended, casting sheets went out including an unnamed “cruel father” and various family members that many suspected would be the Tarlys. You may also remember that Sam and his father, Randyll Tarly, do not get along. Despite being the firstborn, Sam was stripped of his claim and ordered to take the black because of Randyll’s distaste for him. Dickon is the replacement heir.

In the novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire, Sam is last seen taking up his duties at the Citadel, so Tarly family life, and Dickon, will be completely new material for the show.

Dickon Tarly :smokin Brand new character.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I assume it's on purpose.

I've seen that actor on the show UnReal, he's good at playing dickish characters. Bet the character will be teasing big brother Sam for showing up with a wildling lover and a baby and other stuff :lol:

I guess in the GoT world the name Richard doesn't have the short hand name of **** either.

I've seen that actor on the show UnReal, he's good at playing dickish characters. Bet the character will be teasing big brother Sam for showing up with a wildling lover and a baby and other stuff :lol:

I guess in the GoT world the name Richard doesn't have the short hand name of **** either.

I never understood how d*ick would be a nickname for Richard. Wouldn't Rich or Richie make way more sense? Or how Robert would be Bobbie instead of Robbie. Word to Eddard Stark being called Ned and not Ed.

Last edited:

I never understood how d*ick would be a nickname for Richard. Wouldn't Rich or Richie make way more sense? Or how Robert would be Bobbie instead of Robbie. Word to Eddard Stark being called Ned and not Ed.

shoot I've legit been calling him Neddard for quite some time now. Had no idea ned was short for Eddard

Yeah I never understood it much either.

GRRM just following with tradition with the whole Eddard = Ned nonsense :lol:

gladbron.png

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom