OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rewatching season 1. Can someone explain to me the history of the Targaryens and why Robert Baratheon hates them so much?
They were in to incest and the king was real bad for the realm, destroying **** and what not.

He led the rebellion and wanted to secure his sovereignty as king so he wanted them wiped out so none could challenge the throne.

There may have been more personal **** but it wasn't revealed. Check that Robert's Rebellion info.

Last edited:
Kinda funny since robert is part targaryen. I think it was his grandmother who was one. Too lazy to check the family tree.

To be fair though, isn't that how Stannis is described in the books? Kind of stern and boring?

Regardless, whether it was the character, the acting or both, I never was all that into the Stannis storyline. Davos is the man though. And Melissandre is hot. Those were the only good things about that plot line to me.
So we not going to act like snow is a turncloak coward.
Killed one of the lead rangers,
broke his vows for red headed yambs.
has no legit kills in the book or the show. all his kills have been either sneak attacks after he turn cloaked. , or shooting arrows off the highest wall in the realm...
had to tie down Janos Slynt just to cut his head off, couldnt take em by himself after Slynt called him out.

All the starks are cowards only real one is Ned and Catelyn.

Robb hasn't been shown (or read about) getting any kills. Greywind helps him everywhere. got wounded from a battle (in the book) then looked like a straight fkboy after Walder killed his girl. no fight back nothing....

Arya 5-0 on sneak attack kills.

Sansa ............well sansa 'nuff said

Bran is a sucka scared of them sweet meera yambs.

Rickon is a snot nosed brat who can't control his wolf.

Lyanna a garden tool

Benjen has one job... to range. this dude get lost

Ser Rodrick talked mad game got that head chopped off.

Jory got punked and killed by Jamie....

The Stable boy got run down by the Hound cuz he slow and a punk.

Nymeria ran away like punk

Lady got that head chopped off for being as week as her owner Sansa

Ghost show up last minute can't even save his master. useless mutt

I DONT GIVE A DAMB ALL THE STARKS CAN GET ROASTED BY THE LORD OF LIGHT

post that gif for me that was in the marvel thread please, i still haven't figured it out

Snow is a Coward and caught L's, yet you ride for Stannis and the Lord of Light?

K.
View media item 1953918

So we not going to act like snow is a turncloak coward.
Killed one of the lead rangers,
broke his vows for red headed yambs.
has no legit kills in the book or the show. all his kills have been either sneak attacks after he turn cloaked. , or shooting arrows off the highest wall in the realm...
had to tie down Janos Slynt just to cut his head off, couldnt take em by himself after Slynt called him out.

All the starks are cowards only real one is Ned and Catelyn.

Robb hasn't been shown (or read about) getting any kills. Greywind helps him everywhere. got wounded from a battle (in the book) then looked like a straight fkboy after Walder killed his girl. no fight back nothing....

Arya 5-0 on sneak attack kills.

Sansa ............well sansa 'nuff said

Bran is a sucka scared of them sweet meera yambs.

Rickon is a snot nosed brat who can't control his wolf.

Lyanna a garden tool

Benjen has one job... to range. this dude get lost

Ser Rodrick talked mad game got that head chopped off.

Jory got punked and killed by Jamie....

The Stable boy got run down by the Hound cuz he slow and a punk.

Nymeria ran away like punk

Lady got that head chopped off for being as week as her owner Sansa

Ghost show up last minute can't even save his master. useless mutt

I DONT GIVE A DAMB ALL THE STARKS CAN GET ROASTED BY THE LORD OF LIGHT

Yall going to pretend like u ain't see stannis hacking down fools at the battle of bay water. . He would've died with honor. Til they dragged him away.

That coward Jon ran away from the wildlings. Even with the help of dire wolves. And that sneak attack with Yvette helping him at first

Stannis went in on war with 1/4 of his army.and slayed 2 punk a-- Bolton men til that coward brienne came to finish the job no one could complete

That coward snow AGAIN ran from the white walker army instead of manning up and keeping to the fight.

HOW DARE YALL QUESTION KING STANNIS VALOR AND PROWESS

Last edited:
Yall going to pretend like u ain't see stannis hacking down fools at the battle of bay water. . He would've died with honor. Til they dragged him away.

That coward Jon ran away from the wildlings. Even with the help of dire wolves. And that sneak attack with Yvette helping him at first

Stannis went in on war with 1/4 of his army.and slayed 2 punk a-- Bolton men til that coward brienne came to finish the job no one could complete

That coward snow AGAIN ran from the white walker army instead of manning up and keeping to the fight.

Easily. Now matter how you spin it, Stannis sucks (or sucked, past tense, because he's dead now). His Ls were all his own doing. Made no real decisions on his own. Just did whatever Melissandre told him. Don't give him credit for continuing to fight when his army was undermanned when the whole reason people deserted is because the gave the ok to sacrifice his daughter. And Brienne would have murked him in straight up fight anyway.

As to Jon, you going to ignore that he took command of the watch when it was under attach by Mance's army, which included giants and crazy ***, blood thirsty Thenns? Where was the cowardice on that occasion? I'll wait...

hardhome-1434114788.gif

Killing a white > *

Case Closed.

hardhome-1434114788.gif

Killing a white > *

Case Closed.
Breh, EXACTLY!

Wasn't no sneak **** going on there... Straight up bested that walker!

Eem made the Night King lift his brow, like "oh ok, who's THIS guy?"

It's the chosen one, pa... That's who that is :smokin

Yea that's just not true. Stannis made all his own decisons there were plenty he made without Mel. and even stopped her from a few
The sacrifice for 1 for the good of many.... you guys will never know what it means to be a true leader.

it's just like that old experiment. do you save your family of 4 or do you save the group of 15. (paraphrasing)

STANNIS IS NOT THE LEADER YOU WANTED. HE IS THE LEADER YOU NEEDED

Easily. Now matter how you spin it, Stannis sucks (or sucked, past tense, because he's dead now). His Ls were all his own doing. Made no real decisions on his own. Just did whatever Melissandre told him. Don't give him credit for continuing to fight when his army was undermanned when the whole reason people deserted is because the gave the ok to sacrifice his daughter. And Brienne would have murked him in straight up fight anyway.

As to Jon, you going to ignore that he took command of the watch when it was under attach by Mance's army, which included giants and crazy ***, blood thirsty Thenns? Where was the cowardice on that occasion? I'll wait...

Jon show wise... when your choice for someone to command is between crap and crap, you just happen to pick the biggest pile of it to lead you.
There was no one else on the wall at the time. and his crippled self couldn't do much more (i'm mixing in book scenes as well)

That Valerion steel sword is what shocked the White walker. WW was like whoa time out. and during the shock jon struck... don't sit here and pretend like he was actually giving the WW work ....

(which never even happened in the book btw) just snow lover D&D trying to give him this false Valor

You can paint stripes on a Frog, but it still doesn't make him a Tiger
*Kanye Shrug*

I was bored last week and randomly decided to start the series over again. I just finished up season 3 last night, and the Red Wedding is even tougher to watch now that you know that it is coming. It's almost as if you're watching game tape after a bad loss and you see all the mistakes that ended up costing you the game. After watching it the first go round, I wanted both Roose and Frey dead, but now I really can't blame Roose all too much. Frey can still fall off a cliff though. 

The Starks were so ******* flawed. Ned was too damn soft. Catelyn was too emotional. And Robb was too stupid. Not in the traditional sense, but a "watch me jump off of this roof" kind of stupid. 

Watching it again also helps you pick up on a lot of little things that you might have missed since you are now much more familiar with the show, and don't have to necessarily worry about learning all of the names and houses while also paying attention to the story. Some of the things I picked up:

- Valyrian steel is mentioned a lot throughout the show. So, too, is "Valar Morghulis."

- The cloaked figure that was on Jon's boat after the battle with the white walkers has to be a Faceless Man. Jaqen was also introduced with a similar cloak covering his face.

- I miss Joffrey. The kid was so talented.

- Ramsey's introduction was also great. 

- Something terrible is going to happen to Walder Frey. I don't remember it from the first watch, but Bran tells a story of a cook that was cursed by the Gods for killing a guest in his home. It made much more sense during this watch sinse I knew Robb would die under similar circumstances.

- The music they played whenever Khaleesi was out conquering was so damn good. 

I'm sure there was more I noticed, but I was only making mental notes so not everything made it here. Anyways, if you're able to, I definitely suggest giving the series another run through. Every enjoyable. 

Edit:

And to jump into this most recent discussion, I have to agree with Tdogg2k in that Stannis is pretty bad ***. I had forgotten just how much damage he did during the Battle of the Blackwater. He was out there on the frontline even after losing a lot of his men to the wildfire. And everyone respects him and his abilities. I don't agree with the rest of that nonsense, though. 

Last edited:
Yea that's just not true. Stannis made all his own decisons there were plenty he made without Mel. and even stopped her from a few
The sacrifice for 1 for the good of many.... you guys will never know what it means to be a true leader.

it's just like that old experiment. do you save your family of 4 or do you save the group of 15. (paraphrasing)

STANNIS IS NOT THE LEADER YOU WANTED. HE IS THE LEADER YOU NEEDED
Jon show wise... when your choice for someone to command is between crap and crap, you just happen to pick the biggest pile of it to lead you.
There was no one else on the wall at the time. and his crippled self couldn't do much more (i'm mixing in book scenes as well)

That Valerion steel sword is what shocked the White walker. WW was like whoa time out. and during the shock jon struck... don't sit here and pretend like he was actually giving the WW work ....

(which never even happened in the book btw) just snow lover D&D trying to give him this false Valor

You can paint stripes on a Frog, but it still doesn't make him a Tiger
*Kanye Shrug*

All right, Good Sir. At this point, I think we just need to agree to disagree. That said, I am looking forward to seeing to whom House Salt pledges its allegiance now that Stannis is dead.

tdogg2k tdogg2k , who do you follow in the show now that you know Stannis is dead ?

Or are you done w/ the show and waiting for the TWoW to release ?

Almost forgot just how lit last season was.

Stannis burning his daughter alive. :x

Jon killing that white walker with valyrian steel. :x :pimp:

CANT WAIT.

Last edited:
tdogg2k tdogg2k , who do you follow in the show now that you know Stannis is dead ?

Or are you done w/ the show and waiting for the TWoW to release ?
I believe he has a hand! Carry on the stern justice we need

Depends if twow gets released this year or next. If we get word of it releasing anytime in 2016 I'm not watching this season. If it's next year I'll watch this season

Re-watching the series, and was wondering what if the White walkers make Robb Stark's body a wight 
laugh.gif

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom