OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ned didn't lie. In the books, Ned tells Bran:

"The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed."

You going to tell your young son all the details that your friend stabbed a man in the back while he was about to kill you? Of course not.

Give the man credit for admitting that Dayne should've killed him.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way, if you piped Scarlett Johansson but came in 20 seconds would you give your boys the full story? Of course not, you'd just tell them that you piped Scarlett Johansson.

Arthur Dayne was so gully.

Hate that he died in such a cheap fashion
mean.gif
nah, they did him better than Ser Barristan

I guess the hanging was good enough but I would've made those dudes suffer. Jon looked like he didn't even want to do it. Came off like those Ned scenes and the past scene with Jon when they aint really want to execute the person but it was their job so they did.

I think Jon hesitated cause he knows what at the end - nothing. He quite literally knows nothing, and he sent those men to that nothingness.
I would've delighted in knowing that's where they would end up.

After experiencing that nothingness and being lucky to come back I'd gladly send my enemies and traitors to that end.

**** em.

"The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed."

You going to tell your young son all the details that your friend stabbed a man in the back while he was about to kill you? Of course not.

To me that's just dressing up a half truth.

Don't tell him the story at all to keep it G.

Son should've stopped at "... Sword of the Morning".

I don't mind that he got stabbed from behind like how Brann felt lied to. I'm just saying keep it real about how he died. There wasn't a fair one.

It was like 6 on 2 and then it became 4 on 1 and Ned only survived cuz a dying man stabbed dude in the back of the neck.

Hope Jon meets Sansa on his way. I have a feeling that Sansa & co. will get to the wall once Jon is long gone.

I guess the hanging was good enough but I would've made those dudes suffer. Jon looked like he didn't even want to do it. Came off like those Ned scenes and the past scene with Jon when they aint really want to execute the person but it was their job so they did.

I think Jon hesitated cause he knows what at the end - nothing. He quite literally knows nothing, and he sent those men to that nothingness.
I would've delighted in knowing that's where they would end up.

After experiencing that nothingness and being lucky to come back I'd gladly send my enemies and traitors to that end.

**** em.

I feel like we got that with the Janos execution.

But with those 4 guys, they all betrayed him for what they thought was right - much like how Jon believed that unifying with the wildlings was the right thing to do.

Been reading a lot about how people are saying the Umbers are just playing Ramsay.

Shaggy's head was too small to be a direwolf's.

Last edited:

I would've told him. I don't think it's shameful or dirty. It would've been tremendously stupid for Howlen to tell Dayne to turn around only to get sliced up again and killed.

As far as Ned is concerned, I think the showerunners wanted to overemphasize the notion that Ned wasn't honorable. Maybe it's to set up another moment that shows Ned bending the rules of his own code. However, it is known that Ned took 6 or 7 people to fight 3 members of the Kingsguard and it's also known that Howland saved him. On the show, they made it seem like Ned lied about the Tower events but again I think that's just a decision that D&D chose to make.

As far as Ned is concerned, I think the showerunners wanted to overemphasize the notion that Ned wasn't honorable. Maybe it's to set up another moment that shows Ned bending the rules of his own code. However, it is known that Ned took 6 or 7 people to fight 3 members of the Kingsguard and it's also known that Howland saved him. On the show, they made it seem like Ned lied about the Tower events but again I think that's just a decision that D&D chose to make.

I've realized that D&D suck on their own. They're very good at adopting GRRM's material for television, but when they've had to take creative liberties with the plotline they usually aren't very good, I.e. Barristan Selmy's death, Dorne, and a few others. This isn't even taking their poor writing into account, some of the lines this season have been cringeworthy.

When JS comes out the room, they should play stillmatic intro as we see those ppls faces :pimp:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But with those 4 guys, they all betrayed him for what they thought was right - much like how Jon believed that unifying with the wildlings was the right thing to do.

Been reading a lot about how people are saying the Umbers are just playing Ramsay.

That would be so great if they did

Smalljon Umber was not respecting Ramsey at all

So far everything has been going as planned in GOT this season

I am expecting a curve ball soon

I feel like Sam's story is going to be another boring one no one cares about

Last edited:

hmmmm that is a great theory. It does seem like everything other than Sansa's escape has gone Ramsey's way so it's time the tables turn on him and the Starks get the North back just in time for Jon Snow to return home.

Anyone else hate how they're using Tyrion this season? I feel like they're overdoing the comedic part of his character. His entire scene this episode could have been left out

I think the question is Ser Barristan Selmy (prime) vs Ser Arthur Dayne?

Who wins in mortal kombat?

GRRM said Dayne would win because he had Dawn

I wonder if it's really made from a fallen star or whatever they said. He was rocking with two swords, wonder if the other one was just regular steel. Never saw a knight in any movie or show fight four opponents at the same time like that.

Back
Top Bottom