OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Selmy was part of the same Kingsguard, but he's admitted that Dayne was the better fighter. Catelyn Stark has also said that Dayne was the deadliest out of all of them. Dayne also knighted Jaime Lannister, and he squired for Selmy.
Yeah I know which is why I also stated that he was Sword of the Morning.

Exactly and I doubt that Ed is gonna blow up his spot by writing to all the Lord's :lol:
Nobody in the North really knows of Jon more than just being the bastard of Winterfell. You guys act like there's a weekly editorial that reports all of the happenings at Castle Black and the Nights Watch. :lol:

All I'm saying is "if" he's spotted South of the Wall by himself and especially accompanied by Wildlings, it's going to be open season. He's a target to everyone now who didn't witness his resurrection. Imagine he comes across a group of Northeners and he hits them with the, "I was assassinated by my men in the Nights Watch and a Red hair woman brought me back to life. My watch is over." :lol: @ anyone buying that story.

Again; I'm just applying what the show has addressed regarding watchmen who were considered deserters, which to someone who wasn't there to witness it, would automatically think.

I've realized that D&D suck on their own. They're very good at adopting GRRM's material for television, but when they've had to take creative liberties with the plotline they usually aren't very good, I.e. Barristan Selmy's death, Dorne, and a few others. This isn't even taking their poor writing into account, some of the lines this season have been cringeworthy.
I agree. Although they did a great job with the Hardhome episode. In the books, Jon just gets reports on whats happening but the way D&D adapted that event for the screen was incredible. 

Exactly and I doubt that Ed is gonna blow up his spot by writing to all the Lord's :lol:
Nobody in the North really knows of Jon more than just being the bastard of Winterfell. You guys act like there's a weekly editorial that reports all of the happenings at Castle Black and the Nights Watch. :lol:

All I'm saying is "if" he's spotted South of the Wall by himself and especially accompanied by Wildlings, it's going to be open season. He's a target to everyone now who didn't witness his resurrection. Imagine he comes across a group of Northeners and he hits them with the, "I was assassinated by my men in the Nights Watch and a Red hair woman brought me back to life. My watch is over." :lol: @ anyone buying that story.

Again; I'm just applying what the show has addressed regarding watchmen who were considered deserters, which to someone who wasn't there to witness it, would automatically think.

so with all that said, how will anyone even know he's a brother of the nights watch?

Him being commander was kinda known by some people.

People won't attack him because he's not at the wall, they see he's with wildlings and that would be the reason. Northmen and the wildlings don't get along. Plus whoever is dumb to be with ramsay will fight.

Weren't there pictures showing Jon in Stark attire? There's probably going to be a lot of Stark bannermen on his side at some point, especially if he links up with Sansa (a well known Stark who has every reason to hate the Boltons).

Last edited:
My man Juan ditched the Lord Commander garb, you already know he's preparing to deliver Ramsay that well deserved L

A girl done finally got her eyes back. Was tired of watching her get her *** kicked 
pimp.gif

They succeeded in me never wanting to see Melisandre nude again. I think im forever scarred by that reveal.

Richon is about to get that Reek treatment. Son is gonna need the Sir Gregor treatment for his wang after Ramsay is done with him.

Crazy how they let the most sadistic dude seemly get all the wins.

^I agree. I'm not sure if it's because of the pacing of the show and there isn't as much verbal banter/drama that took up a good portion of an episode...But the writing seems different this year.

I'm kind of surprised Bronn hasn't been mentioned at all this season...I know he isn't too important...But the fact he was on the ship headed back to King's Landing and wasn't shown, kind of bothers me.
They've got too many people that are all split up now.... Danerys, tyrion, and company were all together, and they could spend 10 minutes on that.... Jon and Sam were together, and they could spend time on that.  Now, everybody is pretty much on their own, so there are just bits and pieces of stories.  It is so choppy.  I don't like the writing this season either.

Another thing that is a bit off-putting is that so far, everything that was predicted or whatnot has happened.  It is a bit exciting and also annoying at the same time.  I like when there are some unexpected turns.

The way that it was explained to me somewhere else is that the major religion in westeros is what those guys follow/ preach. So the "people" are theoretically on their side. But the show doesn't do a good job at conveying that. If they were shown to be huge like the Catholic Church it'd be more believable, but these are just a few guys hanging out in robes carrying clubs
They've also managed to rile the people up by appealing to their hate for the Lannisters, hence the punishment and atonement for their sins. Plus, they realized that it was Cersei pulling the strings with her son just being a figure head.

Back
Top Bottom