Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
Saints Row is no longer a competitor to GTA. They went too far out with their gameplay/story. Saints Row 4 looks to eliminate the need to drive car completely considering your player can speed run and scale buildings.

Saints Row is no longer a competitor to GTA. They went too far out with their gameplay/story. Saints Row 4 looks to eliminate the need to drive car completely considering your player can speed run and scale buildings.

Lol they haven't even tried to be competition, for the real world genre, since the 1st game. They're comfy in the fantasy open world blue print. There's a ton of things they execute better than GTA though, don't get that part twisted and vice-versa. I think both games have their place, and almost supplement each other. GTA for ultra-realism, and SR for a more fantastical culture, while still maintaining that same sandbox type of platform.

This will be the first video game I have bought in about 8 years.  Am i going to need to pre-order this game?  Or will I be good just to stroll into the store and cop.

I'd imagine that R* and Take Two are smart enough to press up a ridiculous amount of copies of GTA V.

It's also a day 1 digital release on the PlayStation Store. If you pre-order from the PS store, you get 75% off any other R* game. So if you haven't played something like Red Dead Redemption, you can get that too for dirt cheap.

Lol they haven't even tried to be competition, for the real world genre, since the 1st game. They're comfy in the fantasy open world blue print. There's a ton of things they execute better than GTA though, don't get that part twisted and vice-versa. I think both games have their place, and almost supplement each other. GTA for ultra-realism, and SR for a more fantastical culture, while still maintaining that same sandbox type of platform.
I felt like the first SR, they were attempting to do what GTA does. Both games went in different directions after that, though. GTA went super realistic with IV, and SR went the other way.

Saints Row seemed like it was trying to be serious, but the people who made the game were so out of touch with the kind of story they were trying for. A lot of it was overly stereotypical and basic, and not in the tongue in cheek way GTA does it.

Pretty good game, though.

I put $20 down yesterday on GTA V at a local gamestop n asked if they was doing midnight release and he said yea they just got word they are doing it. I imagine most gamestops will be a midnight release

Saints Row III was free for PS+ members. It still might be.

Damn.

I dont play games as much for me to warrant buying the service. Aside from NBA2k and some staple games like GTA, my ps3 really mostly used for netflix now lol

I felt like the first SR, they were attempting to do what GTA does. Both games went in different directions after that, though. GTA went super realistic with IV, and SR went the other way.

Saints Row seemed like it was trying to be serious, but the people who made the game were so out of touch with the kind of story they were trying for. A lot of it was overly stereotypical and basic, and not in the tongue in cheek way GTA does it.

Pretty good game, though.

So I started playing the new one last night...well..ehh.

Graphics are pretty terrible, draw distance is low, fps is low. Controls feel wonky. Story has some funny stuff in it, and some of the things they do, the little customizable details are funny. I'll continue to play it, it's not so bad to walkaway. It definitely feels rushed though. Like, the opening scene, graphics wise..freaking terrible lol. SR3 was great in my opinion, between the visuals and the gameplay. I dig their use of pop culture references though. You gotta really be in tune to life to know what's up and catch the jokes, kinda like watching family guy.

If you preorder gtav or any new game you get 40% off another game.

So you'd pay $95+ for two new games.

I just got back into SR3 yesterday to kill time before V. Pretty good.

I don't think I'll play 4. From what I've seen and hear, it looks terrible.

^yeah, don't bother with 4. Burned a copy yesterday... Wasted my last disc on that garbage. They went completely left field with that game. :smh:

SR2 = GOAT.

Last edited:
If you preorder gtav or any new game you get 40% off another game.

So you'd pay $95+ for two new games.
is this at Gamestop ? might have to go do this so i can grab GTA V and NHL 14.
My bad. I forgot to say that the deal can be found on toysrus.com.

I just checked and yes you can do that with the two games you listed.

1 game would be $60 and the other would be $35.

Last edited:

You are the man iYen ! Bout to make this move

So the deal with toyrus comes out to  $12 off each game. I saw Microsoft giving 1600 ms points when you preorder.

Should I pull the trigger on the toysrus deal or wait for some other one? 
nerd.gif

So the deal with toyrus comes out to  $12 off each game. I saw Microsoft giving 1600 ms points when you preorder.

Should I pull the trigger on the toysrus deal or wait for some other one? 
nerd.gif

m$ is retiring m$ points tomorrow so...

If you're not in any rush to cop new games just wait until black friday.

There will be better deals on that day.

My current ms point balance will transfer over, right?
your m$ points get converted to real money.

But m$ advises that you spend your m$ asap.

Which to me seems like m$ may be giving people with m$ points less money than what they paid for.

So let's say a person bought 800 m$ points for $10.

After tomorrow they may get $10 or less.

The latter would be pretty douchy on m$'s part.

Last edited:
My current ms point balance will transfer over, right?
your m$ points get converted to real money.
But m$ advises that you spend your m$ asap.
Which to me seems like m$ may be giving people with m$ points less money than what they paid for.

So let's say a person bought 800 m$ points for $10.
After tomorrow they may get $10 or less.
The latter would be pretty douchy on m$'s part.
Wouldn't even surprise me.:smh:

Damn I was about to re-up on points so I could get old COD maps I lost when I got a new HD. So I gotta pay money for them (the maps) now? My bad for putting this in the GTA thread. Just curious.

Damn I was about to re-up on points so I could get old COD maps I lost when I got a new HD. So I gotta pay money for them (the maps) now? My bad for putting this in the GTA thread. Just curious.
If you're paying for m$ points with real money, you're already paying money for the maps.

Instead of the map packs being 800 m$ points, it'll be $10.

Also if you bought those map packs on your profile that you had when you were using your old hdd, you can redownload the map packs on your new hdd for free.

Assuming that you're still using the same profile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom